Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
04-23-18 03:09 PM
376 12345 ...
tools
    Just got my torch today and its so awesome!!! Its quite fast keyboards gre, very happy with my decisiom.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-11 05:32 PM
    LOVE the new Torch been using it for the last few hours and it did take a while to charge (obviously it hadn't due to being a new device) but both battery drainage and then charging seemed pretty good. Just be careful charging i had a charger in a wall outlet and it got VERY hot.
    08-21-11 05:48 PM
    I dont know if anyone has already asked this for this thread but what is the best "made in" build for the Torch 9810, I have my torch 9800 and its "Made in Mexico 5" and it was the best build for the Torch.
    Has anyone have any problems with Torch 9810 ?
    08-21-11 06:14 PM
    Congrats to all who have it! How much was the activation fee?
    08-21-11 06:46 PM
    Got mine in silver today. Pulled up to Best Buy and the and the line outside was 50 people deep. I was worried until I found out they were all there to buy 22 HP Touch Pads at $99 each. I was the only one there for a new BB. I love it. The speed improvement is like night and day. Will test the battery tomorrow with a full day at work. Very happy with the 9810.
    08-21-11 07:04 PM
    Just got my 9810 an hour ago and thanks to Blackberry Protect, I retrieved all my amenities I thought I lost from my 9800 who happened to swim in a toilet 4 days ago. I. AM. AMAZED. I was a little on the lighter side of expecting "blackberry lag". But fortunately, there was and still is no lag. I'm loving it. Waiting for the rest of the apps to be OS 7 compatible.
    08-21-11 08:06 PM
    Wife and I got ours a few hours ago. Totally enjoying our T2s.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 08-22-11 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Again.....glasses back on. :)
    08-21-11 09:10 PM
    So far the only major holdup has been the mobihand store updating my PIN so that what apps work on OS7 can be registered like Berry Popup. The build quality is better with a solid sliding mechanism. Device Switch Wizard worked like a charm. Keyboard is stiffer and the keys sit higher making typing more enjoyable. The touchscreen gestures are so responsive making web-browsing more fun. The virtual keyboard is more than I was expecting.
    08-21-11 09:53 PM
    So far the only major holdup has been the mobihand store updating my PIN so that what apps work on OS7 can be registered like Berry Popup. The build quality is better with a solid sliding mechanism. Device Switch Wizard worked like a charm. Keyboard is stiffer and the keys sit higher making typing more enjoyable. The touchscreen gestures are so responsive making web-browsing more fun. The virtual keyboard is more than I was expecting.
    Thanks for the quick review. It's a solid device, IMO.

08-21-11 10:03 PM
    Up and running.

08-21-11 10:23 PM
    I went to a AT&T store close to my house and gave the new Torch 2 a quick test drive. They have both the white and grey Torch'es. The white looks very sweet I have to admit.
    I've using the 8900 for two years now so you could imagine using the Torch 2 is such a exhilarating experience. Note: my grandpa is using the Torch 1 and I play with it many times so I can tell the difference.
    The screen is a lot more crisp than the Torch 1. Scrolling speed is very smooth. The text is clear to me.
    The browser is a lot fast. I tried CNN. Drudgereport, and vnexpress.net. I also click on links from drudgereport.com and they work great. Pinch to zoom works great in the browser. I saw some checker board sometimes when I try to scroll up while it's loading the webpage but I was trying to be extreme. Just wait for the page finished loading before you start scrolling.
    The camera has auto focus.
    BlackBerry Map looks nicer than the one on my Curve. I open a map of U.S and try to pinch zoom in a city and this works nicely.
    I open Bloomberg icon and that takes me to their website to download their app. The download was fast. The graph and data are very nice. I was able to zoom in and out one of the stock price charts. It was very responsive.
    The keyboard is okay better than the virtual keyboard for me but it's definitely not the best. It takes me some times to get use to the flatter and more quiet key strokes but it's all good.
    If you are with AT&T and still not sure if you should get the 9900 or the 9810. I would say don't wait for the 9900. Go ahead and pull the trigger on this elegant device (in white preferably)
    08-21-11 11:48 PM
    I had a torch before and after getting 2 defective 9900 decided to get a Torch 9810 instead, I am loving it so far and getting much better battery life than the 9900 which is surprising.
    08-22-11 12:28 AM
    Got mine this evening giving up my iPhone 4. Seems nice so far but not had a huge chance the test it out yet.

08-22-11 05:38 AM
    The web-browser no longer has the "requesting" or "loading" messages just a blue progress bar at the top. Has anyone noticed that the CB site home page has a few labels out of place in the upper right corner in a manner similar to having IE6 instead of IE8?

08-22-11 06:07 AM
    Got mine yesterday and I was THE line for it (not in a line lol). The rest of the people were there for iPhone issues and contract issues. Pretty sad set up, they had the 9810 behind glass so you couldn't play with it and they had the tag for the 9810 on a 9800 on the stand for you to play with.

The Sales Rep told me I was the first to buy one.

$58 later I had everything I needed. I actually love the Torch more than I expected.
    08-22-11 11:01 AM
    Got mine yesterday and I was THE line for it (not in a line lol). The rest of the people were there for iPhone issues and contract issues. Pretty sad set up, they had the 9810 behind glass so you couldn't play with it and they had the tag for the 9810 on a 9800 on the stand for you to play with.

The Sales Rep told me I was the first to buy one.

$58 later I had everything I needed. I actually love the Torch more than I expected.
    I was walking up to my local store, and for a moment, I thought there was a crowd. No. It was just a bunch of people outside the Old South Church (which like many other Boston churches is a very progressive, ecumenical house of worship)

Here, on the other hand, is a look at the unbridled frenzy in front of the AT&T store:

yivek and the brother like this.
    08-22-11 03:31 PM
    Finally got my PIN changed in ShopCB so that I could load the remaining OS7 compatible apps. Changing devices allowed for app housecleaning for unused ones.
    08-22-11 05:19 PM

Arent you special Bla1zy poo.. :P
    08-22-11 06:03 PM
    Does anyone notice differences in websites from torch 9800 to torch 9810???? Specifically espn.com isnt a touch website anymore on 9810?
    08-22-11 09:06 PM
    I got the awesome white torch 9810 which is now running the 7.0.336 leak with BB Boss shrink, and I'm loving this phone!

08-22-11 11:44 PM

Hey Blaze, where did you buy both of your devices from unbranded? Would you mind sharing?
    08-22-11 11:44 PM
    Just been down to the local corporate att shop and traded up from my keep me going 8310 to a white 9810. This phone is. hot.

I'm so happy with it.

I looked at the torch when it first came out. 9800. At the time I had a Bold 9000 and the 9800 running OS6 just didn't do anything for me that the Bold wasn't already.

I then had my 9000 stolen. I ran a loner iPhone 3G and soon got quick of how it crawled with the latest iOS and Redsn0w jailbreak.

I got rid of it and fired up an old 8310 I had laying around. This was better now at least I was back on blackberry. I was like many eagerly awaiting the arrival of the new Bold Touch. I then read somewhere the pricing of the new flagship and rethought my plan.
    Thanks to my brief insanity with the touchscreen in the iphone and the prucing on the Bold when I saw the Torch 9810 drop at just $50 with new contract I thought sure I can try another touch device.

I'm still not used to the trays and haven't figured out how to rename or create new ones yet.

I'm sure I'll get it.

Can't get over the speed of this device!!

08-23-11 02:05 AM
    White T2 (w rogers)
    Love it
    08-23-11 09:09 AM
    Does anyone notice differences in websites from torch 9800 to torch 9810???? Specifically espn.com isnt a touch website anymore on 9810?
    Under Options, increase font to 25 and try. If it still doesn't work, try removing the app and download/re-install from ESPN.

08-23-11 10:00 AM
    Yay got the 9810 in gray! Hubby let me use his upgrade!

08-23-11 01:31 PM
376 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD