Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
04-23-18 03:09 PM
376 1234 ...
tools
    Hey bla1ze are you going to use that 9810? If not please send it my way. I would be more than happy to upgrade from my 9800.
    08-19-11 04:53 PM
    Just got my new 9810 and loving it, but has anyone found a copy of Wikitude that works on the 9810?

CS
    08-19-11 10:32 PM
    NVM, app world just came out with Wikitude for the 9810 :P

CS
    08-20-11 10:41 AM
    heyy guysss wuzzup ..

i just got blackberry torch 8910 ..

can sum1 plz get me a web for the themes nd i wnt to confirm is there any way to switch off the touch system ..
    08-20-11 12:01 PM
    yoo bro thxx fo all the info yu hve given there its really help full !!

btw i hve 2 questions abt blackberry torch 9810 !!

first is there ny way to switch off the touch system !!

2nd is where i can get the bst themes bt i need free download !

plz reply on

crazy_anus@hotmail.com ill b waitin fo yur reply thxxx ..
    08-20-11 12:15 PM

plz reply on

Er.....huh???
    08-20-11 04:47 PM
    What is the point of getting a 9810 if you don't want the touchscreen?
    08-20-11 05:33 PM

plz reply on

With an email called "crazy anus" and your spelling... How did you even afford this phone?
    08-20-11 05:48 PM
    Yay, I just got mine. The store wasn't crowded and I was the second one to get it (this at about 10:30 or so) -- somebody was waiting at the door at 9:59, according to the rep.

I haven't switched out from the 9800 yet -- I have other things to do and I'm in no hurry. So this is the equivalent of one of those "downloading now" posts in the leaked OS threads.
    08-21-11 10:23 AM
    I got it! I just got home, and I am doing a device switch right now, even as I post!
    08-21-11 11:16 AM
    I just got mine. Still in store getting one for my MIL.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-11 12:22 PM
    just got mines today in white. hope theres not as much software issues and glitches :X
    08-21-11 01:17 PM
    Got mine....white. Awesome device, smooth as silk. No glitches with BBM at all. All my contacts transferred beautifully.
    Deleting things I don't use....Social Feeds, Google Talk, Live Messenger....
    LOVING the device.
    Oh!!! Upgrade was $53.00 so I took it.
    08-21-11 01:51 PM
    Using DSW now. Setup email, social media and visual voicemail. Connected BT to my vehicle. The device was definitely worth the upgrade even at $49. Got one for my MIL. Won't she be surprised when she tries her old BB. Slider is solid and the action is far smoother. There is no wobble or bezel creak. The device seems lighter and slimmer. It fits in my OEM leather case more easily. Must be the bedazzled battery cover.
    08-21-11 02:17 PM
    I got my Torch 9810 in silver and in the process switched from a Bold 9650 on Verizon to AT&T.

The Good:
    The phone is awesome, an improvement in every way over my Bold. Speed wise I have yet to be stopped by an hour glass yet. It pops up but instantly goes away. Even installing apps doesn't slow it down. The touchscreen is good but I'm still getting used to accuracy of selection and the touchscreen keyboard is going to be a big learning curve. The keyboard on the Torch is just as good as my Bold 9650 was, perhaps even better so I'm very happy I got this phone and not the 9850.

I'm very happy with the HSPA+ and was unaware it was available in my city of 80k people. Downloads are blazing fast. I'm aware it's not true 4G but it's a nice improvement over 3G.

OS7 is a nice improvement. I love the new icons and being able to manage my panels. I only use All and Media. I don't understand why they don't have Games as one or the ability to create your own however. For some reason by disabling panels I'm not able to swipe in either direction anymore. I have to swipe left to get from Media to All and right to get to Media from All.

I would maybe enjoy the feel of metal that the Bold 9930 has over the plastic but the phone feels heavy (in a good way) and doesn't feel any thicker than my Bold 9650 was. I thought I would hate them getting rid of colors on the keyboard but I'm honestly indifferent to it. I even like the "blingy" silver door and it feels good in the hand.

Boot-up time is amazing. Even with all my apps and 6k txt messages restored and an 8GB MicroSD card it takes less than a minute to restart.

The Bad:
    I apparently hit something on the side of the phone when I'm holing it that makes it switch songs when I'm playing music at random (I'll have to figure that out). The charging port being on the left side is...inconvenient when I have it hooked up to my car charger and am driving. It makes holding the phone cumbersome when switching through songs.

Not giving the Torch 9810 the "glowing" lit trackpad that the other new BlackBerries have seems plain lazy to me.

I was surprised that seven of the apps I wanted aren't even available for OS7 yet including myATT. I didn't think there was much difference between OS6 and OS7 for app developers. I'm sure this will be remedied shortly.

I don't understand why they promote this as a "premium / top-of-the-line" BlackBerry but not give it NFC like the Bold 9900/9930. Even the new curve has NFC. Also, Wi-Fi Hotspot capabilities and a front-facing camera would have been really, really nice to keep up with other . I can't complain too much about these though as I doubt I would ever use any of them and by the time NFC becomes something I'll be looking for my next phone. It just seems to me that RIM intentionally leaves something out of every single phone on purpose and it's mind-boggling.

I'll need to use the phone for a week or so to get a feel on the battery. It doesn't seem much different than my Bold 9650 at this point but that's not really a compliment.

BlackBerry OS 7:
    As an aside, here is my "wish-list" for OS7 after trying it out. I doubt any of it will ever happen though and QNX will change everything.

• Ability to merge sms/mms threads together so when a contact gets a new phone number you don't have a dangling old thread
    • Option to combine emails from the same contact into a single message thread (with and without sms/mms messages)
    • Option to customize number of calendar items that show under notification screen
    • Shortcut to hit BlackBerry button under notification screen and have options to add new appointment or new alarm to calendar
    • Built-in option to sync MemoPad/Tasks with Google (contacts/messages already exists via e-mail settings)
    • Google Reader sync in Social Feeds
    • More Backup options in BlackBerry Protect so it becomes a true replacement for Desktop Manager backup

Conclusion:
    Overall I'm very happy about the purchase. It was worth the money and effort which is rare for me to say. I'll feel better when I have a case for it and can't wait for my charging pod to arrive.
    Last edited by cbosdell; 08-21-11 at 02:53 PM.
    Gdlistns30 likes this.
    08-21-11 02:25 PM
    The volume switch is a rocker one. You have to press each time for volume up or down and not hold it continuously.
    08-21-11 02:45 PM
    All the initial device switch protocols done. Customizing and playing with it now.
    08-21-11 02:46 PM
    BB App World updating FB and BBM as well as OS7 apps. Only 9 so far from BAW are compatible. Good for housekeeping of apps no longer being used.
    08-21-11 02:53 PM
    Rebooted. When switching panels using the trackpad, I noticed that the panel description had to be selected. Maybe the euphoria of a new device.
    08-21-11 03:08 PM
    I just got mine and updated all the data from my Tourch to the Tourch II. So far I like the 9810, but I thought it could play embeded videos on the browser, but I cannot get mine to do so. Anyone has ideas?
    08-21-11 03:27 PM
    My first reaction was, wow. The build quality is WAY better on the 9810. Maybe I just got a bad 9800 and never realized it, but the feeling in my hand is night and day. Boot up time is incredible, dreading a battery pull is a thing of the past. The software overall is blazing, screen is very responsive.

The battery door isn't as hideous as pictures made it out to be, but it's still pretty bad. The door from my black 9800 looks right at home, plus I heavily prefer the grippy feeling of it, so more than likely I'll keep it on there.

I also noticed a very minor physical design change from the 9800 that I don't recall being noted before. The plastic screen/cover for the camera and flash has a little notch on the right side. I assume it's there to help pop the thing off if you need to replace it or clear out dust from the lens. Very minor, but little changes like that are always appreciated.
    Picture - http://bigmenterprises.net/uploads/98009810comp.JPG

On a more amusing note, I spend a good 20 minutes repeatedly rebooting the phone and re-inserting the SIM card before I realized I was putting the damn thing in backwards. Guess my excitement got the better of me.
    08-21-11 03:28 PM
    My views on the 9810 as a previous Torch Owner:

The design is the same form factor, but I LOVE the brushed metal look way better, i hate things that can show finger prints. The slider on the 9810 seems better and more solid than my 9800. The keyboard seems to be softer and the lock keys seem to be a bit stiffer.

The display is much better, brighter, and looks great. The speed is amazing, browsing expirence is great, and its what the Torch should of been last year. Very happy with my upgrade!
    08-21-11 04:23 PM
    Just got a white one just now starting to mess around with it but so far so good! Gonna start making some wallpapers for it asap
    08-21-11 04:48 PM
    Why aren't voicenotes working??? I got mine as soon as the att store opened even though I work today. I was on my lunch break. The guy removed my data plan all together not really sure how that happen...but much faster. And definitely notice a difference in data speeds even though its not true 4g its much faster then the last torch. Love the new virtualkeyboard. Wikitube is awesome!! Even though I might not use it much. Definitely something worth showing off.

pin:27FB1BA4 find me. I started a 9810 group. Come chat!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

barcodes not working. pin me and i'll add you
    Last edited by philo; 08-23-11 at 12:53 AM. Reason: bad barcode
    08-21-11 04:57 PM
    New AT&T users: anyone brave enough to update the OS from 261 to the latest leak (317). Thinking about doing it before going too much further.
    08-21-11 04:59 PM
376 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD