Yesterday I replaced my trusty 9810 with a Nokia Lumia 1520. Bittersweet moment as the 9810 has been the most reliable BlackBerry I have ever owned. In about 3 or more years all I did was replace batteries and cases. It outlived my son's Storm 2 (9850?) and also his Samsung S3, which just died one day.

But it's time to move - switching from one underdog to another! BlackBerry to Windows Phone 8.1. I was drawn by the 20MP camera (which is awesome by the way).

I still have a toe in the BlackBerry pond though,as my work phone is a Q5, arguably the worst BB10 phone out there

See you on WP Central...
    07-27-14 11:26 PM
    The Q5 isn't the worse device out there. It may arguably be the worse BlackBerry 10 device but it's definitely a solid phone. But as long as you're happy and satisfied with your windows phone than that's all that matters.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 11:30 PM
    I think Windows Phone is pretty cool. If the demise of BlackBerry finally comes true, which I hope it won't, I would probably get that eventually. When they get their notifications centralised like the BlackBerry Hub, it will be even better. I'm so into the modern start menu and Windows 8.1 in general.

I only use my Q10, but I also own a Lumia 520, which I don't use and only keep in my emergency backpack along with my satellite phone, first aid kit, bars of food, water, blanket, flash light, matches, 8000 mAh power bank, etc. just in case there's an earthquake (I live in LA) or a zombie outbreak. Lol and I own three computers with Windows 8.1 Pro or RT: Sony VAIO, Surface RT, and funniest of all, MacBook Air. Lol

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    07-28-14 02:58 AM
    I would like to see a post from you after a month of using the Nokia Lumia 1520 and your thoughts on it compared to your Q5 on BB10. I hope that is fits your needs as at the end of the day that is the most important thing. Rocking 24-7 with my Z10 & 64GB PlayBook
    07-28-14 03:21 AM
    WP8.1 looks much more interesting if you are not using it. When it becomes your daily driver then things starting to annoy you. In my company we deployed WP8.1 phones and almost no one is happy. I've lost my battle to deploy BB10 devices, and now we have bunch of unhappy employees.

Sent from my RM-892_eu_finland_202 using Tapatalk
    07-29-14 01:54 AM
    Oh that's to bad... Not!

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 02:04 AM
    I think Windows Phone is pretty cool. If the demise of BlackBerry finally comes true, which I hope it won't, I would probably get that eventually. When they get their notifications centralised like the BlackBerry Hub, it will be even better.

*snip*
    Completely same thoughts as Thunder
    And now that they finally got a file manager, they can be considered for me. No file manager is a big nope for me on a mobile phone. Can you indeed post a BB10-WP comparison after a month or so? Would really be appreciated. I love BB10 and aren't just ready to leave the BlackBerry ship, but it'll be nice to know about other options just in case

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 02:51 AM
    I'll give you a glance -
    universal search deploys Cortana, so searching becomes longer on WP 8.1. It offers you online results before local search results so you have to scroll horizontally to find local results eg contact number.
    After some time, you have to use search or to go to a letter picker to be able to find an app in app launcher because app list is too long.
    Same goes with settings. List of settings is so long that it's hard to find anything.
    No sent emails in email list. Have to go to settings - folders - sent to be able to see sent emails.If you use some neutral accent, you cand distinguish unread from read emails so you have to scroll horizontally to unread email section section.
    You can set multiple alarms, but cant set vibration or volume level.
    UX: scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll... and scroll some more. Endless scrolling.
    App world: better with 8.1 but still a mess.
    Lock screen looks nice but no interactive content, just simple notifications.
    Modern UI and its design language is hard to get used to... It looks revolutionary, but it's annoying really.

Yeah, and sound clarity... I have Lumia 925 and beside 925 we also have Lumia 630... Well, sound clarity compared to Z10 is a complete and utter crap. It's so bad that we have sent few units to service, thinking that something is wrong with specific units, but they turned them back because nothing is wrong with units.
    07-29-14 06:03 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...read-260887/OP, as much as I would love to entertain this discussion, there is a thread there already about leaving.Good luck with your endeavours. I know I also will be getting a 1520 in the near future, alongside my Q10.
    07-29-14 06:15 AM