I like my Torch and will probably go for the T2, especially with a more powerful processor, which is what the original lacks. I'm not a fan of the silver finish, but that's just cosmetic and I don't like the look of the back, but I can use the backplate from my T1. The deal-breaker is the slider - if they can make that rock solid, then I'm in. But if I get the same wobble as I do currently with my T1, then I'll go for the Bold Touch.

Anyone else feel the same way?
    04-25-11 03:01 PM
    lots of people have lots of complianes with the slider in my personal case since using the GRT case the slider doesn`t take my sleep away.

I would like front camara, bigger screen, more screen resolution, QNX OS

I was considerating the BB touch but not having a QWERTY and the bold touch just to think that I will have a little screen is not an option. But lets hope they make a solid T2 and better yet that they release it soon!!!!
    04-25-11 05:33 PM
    I like my Torch and will probably go for the T2, especially with a more powerful processor, which is what the original lacks. I'm not a fan of the silver finish, but that's just cosmetic and I don't like the look of the back, but I can use the backplate from my T1. The deal-breaker is the slider - if they can make that rock solid, then I'm in. But if I get the same wobble as I do currently with my T1, then I'll go for the Bold Touch.

Anyone else feel the same way?
    Yeah I finally had enough of my T1 and switched back to the 9700 yesterday with the 6.x OS....

Looking forward to Bold Touch....

PG
    04-30-11 12:52 PM
    Hope you enjoy the Touch. I will give it a go but I will have a hard time giving up the screen real estate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-11 07:39 PM
    i had a torch and it was so wobbly i hated opening it. it froze on me so i got a new one and it was flawless! i don't know what to think about the torch right now. so 50/50 on the new bb phones
    04-30-11 11:29 PM
    Only time will tell. I am not married to one form factor.

04-30-11 11:41 PM
    They said there are no physical changes to the T2 (unless we talk about color)... which means it'll be the luck of the draw like our Torches (torch 1). That's not cool on Rim's part.

If the Bold touch's body is as solid and as creak free as it looks-- it'll be fantastic

06-08-11 10:22 PM
    I must say I've been pretty lucky, I've had two torches now and no wobble with either. Only had 2 because I didn't like the original white.
    Maloy likes this.
    06-08-11 10:27 PM
    I've had no problems with my slider as well, despite numerous drops and falls on to ceramic tile, concrete pavement, blacktop and various other surfaces. Its not that I am clumsy, but it is amazing how carrying a 4 or 5 year old granddaughter can inadvertently hit the release mechanism on my Seidio surface holster.

This is one tough phone! When the T2 comes out, I should be able to upgrade (one of the advantages of being the main line in a family plan) even though it has only been a year. If not, I may pay the penalty and move on up!!
    06-09-11 02:25 PM
    Let your T2 go commando and use a leather OEM holster. It will harder to get out and may result in fewer drops.

06-10-11 06:59 AM
    Let your T2 go commando and use a leather OEM holster. It will harder to get out and may result in fewer drops.

Commando?! LOL!
    That's how I go (my PHONE!), and this thing is still as solid as day 1. Only dropped it once that I can remember. Put on a screen protector that is also still unmarred by daily use. I'm leaning toward the 9900 right now mainly because of the big keyboard, but I haven't completely ruled out a T2 just yet. Play time at the toy - er, phone store should settle that debate - or not...

Maloy likes this.
    06-10-11 09:38 AM
    Never a wobble on slider, just wish the slider was on the side that should have been the change for T2 oh well maybe T3?
    06-12-11 12:40 AM
    Another user made an interesting point about more slider wobble with a horizontal slider. It would also be more difficult to use the QWERTY keyboard with one hand.

06-12-11 09:10 AM
    Unfortunately, I don't believe they're changing Anything (as far as the body goes) except for color, back etc. The core will remain unchanged--which makes one wonder wtf they're thinking.

07-08-11 10:13 PM
    Phonegeek who has field-tested the T2 has said that the slider mechanics and keyboard feel have been improved.

07-09-11 12:12 AM
    Unfortunately, I don't believe they're changing Anything (as far as the body goes) except for color, back etc. The core will remain unchanged--which makes one wonder wtf they're thinking.

WTF they're thinking is that they've got a pretty good design, so why change it. I'd like to see it slightly wider and thinner; but given the choice between aesthetics and performance improvements, I'd much rather see the performance improvements. And I think their design guys were busy with the all-touch Torch 9860.
    07-09-11 03:41 AM
    I agree. As long as the slider is solid, the actual performance and speed are the most important.

07-09-11 10:16 AM
    I'm on my 4thTorch in a year (the other 3 were returned within a few weeks of the contract due to the slider issue.

The slider wobble was so bad it made it feel like a Storm 2, it was really annoying, the 4th torch is from the Hungary batch and it fine, however the other 3 were from Mexico. I really dont want to have to return 3 phones again to get a good one.

I had hoped they would have listened to feedback and forums complaints etc and brought the Mexico quality control inline with Hungary. Fingers Crossed.
    07-12-11 07:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD