Everything works including bbm, email accounts, blackberry world, why do people say you need BIS data plans on legacy devices? I'm on TMobile right now.
    02-10-17 06:09 PM
    You have to have BIS for BBM and email. That's just a fact. Check your plan.

DTEK60 / Z30
    02-10-17 06:18 PM
    Is it prepaid? I thought I read that BIS is free and activated with prepaid on T-Mobile.
    02-10-17 06:45 PM
    No I'm not a prepaid and a regular plan on tmobile and I've tried turning off wifi and everything still works, have three email accounts, yahoo, outlook, and office 365
    02-10-17 10:59 PM
    T-Mobile has not had BIS since 2013. If you are on the Simple Choice plan, or a plan of $50 or more a month, you can have their Unlimited BlackBerry Plan at no extra charge. I think it is super top secret, their store employees might even deny knowing about it!!!
    rayporsche likes this.
    02-11-17 10:27 PM
    yes I'm on the Simple Choice plan, well a family plan that is well over $50 a month, and no where on my account page online does it say anything about BIS.
    02-12-17 01:00 PM
    yes I'm on the Simple Choice plan, well a family plan that is well over $50 a month, and no where on my account page online does it say anything about BIS.
    The reason that your account page does not say anything about your plan (BIS which does not exist) is because your data is included with Simple Choice. When a BlackBerry connects to the T-Mobile server, the device registers as a BlackBerry and will sync to the BlackBerry servers.
    02-13-17 05:37 PM
    The reason that your account page does not say anything about your plan (BIS which does not exist) is because your data is included with Simple Choice. When a BlackBerry connects to the T-Mobile server, the device registers as a BlackBerry and will sync to the BlackBerry servers.
    That's awesome. Learn something new here everyday.
    02-13-17 06:58 PM
    That's awesome. Learn something new here everyday.
    It pays to be a member of CrackBerry, I know that I have gained knowledge here also.
    02-13-17 07:37 PM
    Yes, whenever I change my sim into my 9900 it switches over in a period of a few minutes. If you log into your T-Mobile account online you can see it annotated there.
    02-20-17 04:00 PM
    I'm about to find out, just bought a 9810 (#2 ) today to play with, I had one when the #2 came out and enjoyed it. I'm using Mint for sim,

So I have to ask, if there is no BIS, will phone calls/text work? Will internet be available over Wi-Fi? Can Gmail accounts be set up for email, calendar, contacts without BIS?
    06-05-17 04:18 PM
    I'm about to find out, just bought a 9810 (#2 ) today to play with, I had one when the #2 came out and enjoyed it. I'm using Mint for sim,

So I have to ask, if there is no BIS, will phone calls/text work? Will internet be available over Wi-Fi? Can Gmail accounts be set up for email, calendar, contacts without BIS?
    Calls and text should work since that's over the cellular network. Wi-Fi browsing may still work. The email setup relies on BIS to do the background work no matter what email service you may try to tie into it. Gmail accounts can push emails and sync calendar and contacts - but it does it over BIS.

Joel
    06-05-17 04:44 PM
    Is it prepaid? I thought I read that BIS is free and activated with prepaid on T-Mobile.
    can you verify that? would be great to actuvate some older phones
    06-17-17 02:57 PM
    T-Mobile has not had BIS since 2013. If you are on the Simple Choice plan, or a plan of $50 or more a month, you can have their Unlimited BlackBerry Plan at no extra charge. I think it is super top secret, their store employees might even deny knowing about it!!!
    is this real? so you basically get unlimited data for free? how does this work?
    06-17-17 02:59 PM
    is this real? so you basically get unlimited data for free? how does this work?
    Simple Choice plans are not available to new customers, but since I have had it since 2013, it still is my plan.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DO...4#firstheading
    06-17-17 10:56 PM