Is is possible to change the brightness levels via engineering screen? I'm at Lvl 0% and it way brighter then my wife Bold 9900 at the same level.

If It's possible and I attempt this, is there room for possible error or it is a very good way to brick the device?

Sent from my BlackBerry
    01-05-13 06:29 PM
    yes it's possible. you need to adjust the light sensor which is responsible for telling the device how to adjust the screen brightness.
    OS Engineering Screens - Light Sensor -
    check your "display zone" (should be something like Office or Dim,...your current zone )
    click on it and you get to a screen where you can adjust lower and upper brightness as well as min visible blightness. i got mine set to like 100 for the Dim zone.
    Easier for my eyes when i read news in bed and the light is turned off
    01-07-13 02:44 AM
    Be careful when messing around with Engineering Screens as you can screw one of them up very easily and a bricked phone is no fun . Even the pros/Devs are very carefully and recommend not changing the settings if you don't know exactly what you are doing. Just a thought derived from the many horror stories on here re: engineering screen mess ups.

I would read and reread this thread (link below-probably the best on here) regarding the possible can of worms you could open up. Once you make a change there is no going back so read this first before starting. Its from 2010 but its still the basics. http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...screen-548537/

I'm just offering some sound reasoning and certainly not telling anyone what to do, so please don't take this the wrong way--just make sure before you make a change. Good Luck and keep us posted.
    Last edited by go1ndr; 01-07-13 at 04:46 PM. Reason: additional info
    01-07-13 04:32 PM