Background:
    I have a Torch 9810 with OS 7.1 Bundle 1997; HP Envy LapTop with Windows 8.0, 64 bit; BB DeskTop Software version 7.1.0.41
    I am using a BlueTooth adapter marked CSR 4.0 plugged into USB, Device Manager recognizes it with no issues, driver appears to be MS generic drivers dated 2006. Torch and LapTop paired without issue, BB set to trust the LapTop.
    Problem:
    I want to synchronize Organizer using the BlueTooth connection instead of a USB wire. the DeskTop software under Tools/Options/BlueTooth shows the "Allow BlueTooth Connections" check boxes grayed out and reports "Your computer does not have the necessary support for BlueTooth functionality. For more information, see the BlackBerry Desktop Software help for BlueTooth prerequisites." Going to the help there was not helpful. The only thing that appears odd to my non-technical eye is that on the Torch BT Device Properties, it lists the BT services for the LapTop only as "A/V Remote Control Target". Not sure what is expected here.
    Can anyone tell me what I can do to troubleshoot or other steps to take? Seems to me this should work like Plug n Play but no such luck.
    03-01-14 04:52 PM
    Desktop Manager is particular about what Bluetooth drivers it works with. Unless your USB stick has the Widcomm drivers, DM is probably not going to recognize it. I tried for weeks to get a generic fleabay USB stick to work with DM. Eventually I gave up and bought an Asus USB-BT211 adapter that has the Widcomm drivers.
    03-03-14 01:22 PM
    Thanks! I found an ASUS BT211 on EB for about $13. Worth the investment if it will work. Are there any driver version related issues with that particular adapter?
    03-03-14 02:34 PM
    You'll need to uninstall any other Bluetooth software (BlueSoleil, Widcomm, etc) before installing the Asus bluetooth drivers. It's described in the Asus quickstart guide (QSG). The Asus driver and quickstart guide can be downloaded from the Asus website at the link below:

Networking - USB-BT211 Mini Bluetooth Dongle
    03-04-14 01:00 PM