11-16-11 01:56 AM
82 ... 234
tools
    used both
    prefer bb to save $$$$$$$$$$
    10-06-11 02:35 AM
    Then logic would indicate that the camera in the 9810 is significantly nicer than the camera in the 9700. Having come to the 9810 from an Iphone and a 9700... I can testify to that.
    Which iPhone? BTW there is another possible explanation, perhaps your wife isn't so good with a camera.

BTW The problem for me with the 9810 is the keyboard just doesn't feel that good. I was going to wait for the 9900 but the camera on the 4S is very tempting.
    10-06-11 08:10 AM
    unlike the "apps" on the 98xx which are simply shortcuts to the web? HAHAHA what a joke...
    i clicked the CNN "app? as I would call it when I heard about Steve Jobs...and it took me to the web site which took FOREVER to load...WTF is that?
    Why are you referring to "the 98xx" as if the 9800 that you have and the 9810 are somehow interchangeable equals? They're not. If you want to b*tch and moan about how slow your 9800 browser is, the 9810 forum is not the place to do it.
    10-06-11 02:25 PM
    so i thought i would revitalize this thread and breath new life into it...
    im so sick of people talking about apps. most of them are useless and apple did a great job at marketing them and making them seem like you cant live without them. i had an original storm and had to switch to an iphone when i hopped on my parents att plan to save a ton of money. almost immedately i missed my bb.
    first people need that not one phone is better than the other-- at least not for the whole entire population. what maybe important to you is not a feature needed by others. there are things that i miss about the iphone, but def. not enough to consider owning one again (though i still use my old one to play words with friends).
    having this debate is completely and utterly pointless. i just wish bb would do a better job at marketing and showing how their phones are perfectly capable of competing with the "big boys."
    in closing i would like to say that i wish the world was able to lift the veil apple has pulled over their eyes in thinking that apps are a must have in order to survive. do i need something that lights up like a light saber and plays star war tunes? no. i had a cool app called webmd, i havent really checked for it in app world, but guess what if i really need to look up some medical stuff i can hop online from my bb and type in webmd.com and be taken straight to the site. in my humble opinion, apps do not make things more accessible, but rather just a gimick to sell a product.
    and i too, for one, am very happy to be back with BB!
    that being said there are a few times when im sick of having it stuck to me because bb has ZERO app support. there was a pretty neat app on the iphone called "keychain." this app let me put all my bonus cards into my phone that were scanable at the store. this reduced the size of my wallet considerably. another app that im dissapointed not to see on bb is the one for onstar that lets you start up your vehicle, lock/unlock the doors, check vehilce status, etc. these apps actually are useful and its times like this that i wish bb would give/get a little more love in app world. just some thoughts in mho.
    11-03-11 11:07 AM
    i stand corrected.... keychain is now available for the 9810, downloaded yesterday!
    11-04-11 11:35 AM
    Have you noticed the 9810 is "head heavy" when it comes to typing on the keyboard?
    11-04-11 01:29 PM
    I did it! After 5 yrs with BB I changed to iphone 4s....I really truly thought I was going to have Torch withdrawel but NOPE! I just could not handle not having any apps that were maybe not life threatening lol BUT definitely makes life easier! No regrets!
    11-16-11 01:56 AM
82 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD