Just wanted to throw this out there to all who may be using free themes. I'm hoping I'm not out of line speaking for all those who theme for free; our greatest form of payment is to know people are enjoying our themes. So, with that said, the best way to "pay" us is to post screenshots. Also, and I wasn't aware of this when I used other people's free themes, there is a "thanks" button on the bottom right of every post. If you like the theme, even if you don't use it, you may want to click the .

Last, and this may be personal input since other themers may not feel the same; I (personally) appreciate ANY feedback which is given. Now, I would ask that you try to keep it constructive, but at least keep it nice
    02-13-11 09:46 AM
    Very well put..I agree wholeheartedly!
    powera likes this.
    02-13-11 09:53 AM
    As a followup, I see many people ask "how do you take a screenshot";

1) You will need to use an app.
    1b) There are several out there to choose from. I use Quicklaunch which has screen capture built in, plus many MANY more features.

2) I have never tried DL'ing images directly from my BB, so that may be possible, however, since I don't know how to do that; you will need to get your picture from your BB to your computer - personally, I just email it to myself. However, you can also use the USB to transfer it that way.

3) After taking your screenshot, you will need to find a way to host it on the internet. There are many free file hosts out there to choose from. I personally use my own internet hosting, or I use bbthemelab.

4) Once it is hosted, get the images URL.

5) To post it (or any image) you will need to use the [img] tag, like this...

[img]http://images.crackberry.com/forum_images/buttons/post_thanks.gif[/img]

produces this
    PestPro#IM likes this.
    02-13-11 10:03 AM
    I am, and have been using free themes for a fair while now, but seeing as how I'm on these forum on my Torch 99% of the time, I never see the Thank You button
    Usually my standard operating procedure is to post a thank you in the thread of the theme that I am using, which of course serves the same purpose, but does tend to get lost over time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-11 10:04 AM
    This is a great idea for a thread! Can we just go ahead and shout thanx to any or all of our free themers? Wanna see screen shots from any free themer? Because I think this is a great idea and way to say thanx for all of your hard work! :-) Will be sending some shots shortly!
    02-13-11 10:13 AM
    Do you want a few screenshots here?
    Here is Your L Theme...

I love this one!
    KahneFan and CyndaSue like this.
    02-13-11 10:14 AM
    Do you want a few screenshots here?
    Here is Your L Theme...

I love this one!
    Wow, thanks for sharing the screenshot. It looks awesome, and I'm going to need to add it to my collection. Thanks
    02-13-11 09:41 PM
    Hey, I finally figured out how to post a screenshot from my phone.

1. Take the pic with a screencapture app...many to choose from.
    (Quicklaunch, itookthisonmyphone, simple screenshot, vscreenshot---most of these can be found in bb appworld)

2. I use simple screenshot. You go to the app, and it gives you 10-15 sec. to get to the screen you want the shot of. Take the shot, and save as a PNG

3. Go to CB, once there scroll to the bottom of the page and change the view from mobile/wap to "default" view. It takes you to CB forums directly on the web.

4. Go to the desired thread you want to post the shot in.

5. Click post reply (don't do Quick reply). Go to the bottom of page under reply area and go to manage attachments.

6. Under attachments, browse for the screen you just took, attach and upload. Add your reply, and post it. You'll see your reply and a mini version of your screen shot, all from your wonderful Torch Hope this helps someone.
    KahneFan likes this.
    02-13-11 09:48 PM
    I thought I'd mention the theme I'm using:
    TiltLaunch!!!

My top themes are all free at this point!
    02-14-11 05:35 PM
    Hey, I finally figured out how to post a screenshot from my phone.

5. Click post reply (don't do Quick reply). Go to the bottom of page under reply area and go to manage attachments.

6. Under attachments, browse for the screen you just took, attach and upload. Add your reply, and post it. You'll see your reply and a mini version of your screen shot, all from your wonderful Torch Hope this helps someone.
    Only problem with that way is that others can't see your post from the mobile site.

But with one last step they can...

You should be able to see your Attachment ID number. Post that in the main body of the post between [attach] and [/attach].
    (NOTE: Only works with an attachment from the same post.)
    KahneFan likes this.
    02-14-11 06:34 PM
    seeing as how I'm on these forum on my Torch 99% of the time, I never see the Thank You button
    Pretty soon after getting my Torch, I switched to using the full site from my BB too. I love it!

Renders as fast with webkit+Torch as wapforums+OS5.0 did on my 9700. (Or at least close enough that it seems so.)

Once you switch view to full site, you'll automatically return to that view next time you return. It opens and I double-tap on the text or an image in thread and it wraps into a nice column view. (Every once in a while it takes an extra try or two, but usually works right away.)

I love being able to see the Thanks button, post counts, profile info like device & carrier, etc.
    02-14-11 07:26 PM
    Pretty soon after getting my Torch, I switched to using the full site from my BB too. I love it!

Renders as fast with webkit+Torch as wapforums+OS5.0 did on my 9700. (Or at least close enough that it seems so.)

Once you switch view to full site, you'll automatically return to that view next time you return. It opens and I double-tap on the text or an image in thread and it wraps into a nice column view. (Every once in a while it takes an extra try or two, but usually works right away.)

I love being able to see the Thanks button, post counts, profile info like device & carrier, etc.

X2, same here.
    02-14-11 07:56 PM
    Yep there's no looking back once you've tried!
    02-14-11 09:32 PM
    Yep there's no looking back once you've tried!
    I try to find the "full site" for all sites on the torch. No need for mobile sites.
    02-20-11 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD