Hey, all. I'd like a theme that is essentially identical to the traditional Blackberry 6 theme, except that the icons wouldn't have text underneath them (so it would look cleaner). Does that exist or can someone make it? Thank you.
    10-23-10 07:55 PM
    Since the stock OS6 theme has no icon focus text except for the under icon text if that text was removed there would be no way to know what the title of the highlighted icon is.

For most icons that wouldn't be an issue but what about the less commonly used icons that you might not recognize right off the bat?
    What about if you have more that 1 email accounts on your BB (don't we all?) how would you know what mailbox you had highlighted?
    What about icons that use the icon text to display info? (like weather apps showing: " Sunny - 29' ")
    10-24-10 03:06 AM
    Since the stock OS6 theme has no icon focus text except for the under icon text if that text was removed there would be no way to know what the title of the highlighted icon is.

For most icons that wouldn't be an issue but what about the less commonly used icons that you might not recognize right off the bat?
    What about if you have more that 1 email accounts on your BB (don't we all?) how would you know what mailbox you had highlighted?
    What about icons that use the icon text to display info? (like weather apps showing: " Sunny - 29' ")
    I think it would be easy to identify most icons without the text. In the other OS there was no text. Maybe there's a way to make the theme so that the text only shows up when you scroll over or highlight the icon?
    10-24-10 07:50 AM
    X2. Text only on scroll over would be welcomed..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-10 02:28 PM
    I think it would be easy to identify most icons without the text. In the other OS there was no text. Maybe there's a way to make the theme so that the text only shows up when you scroll over or highlight the icon?
    Actually in all other OS versions it shows your icon text at the top (and for non-OS6 style Torch icons it does the same). So this would be the first BB theme with no way to see your icon text.

In regards to having the text only when it is in focus, unfortunately that is not possible for an OS6 style theme.

But if you really want it with no text give me 5 mins...
    10-24-10 02:36 PM
    10-24-10 02:50 PM
    Thank you for creating this theme. I loved the look of the picture of it. I installed it on my phone, but the text is still beneath my homescreen icons. The only one that it's not beneath is Text Messages. Anything I'm doing wrong? Maybe my settings are configured wrong?
    10-24-10 06:12 PM
    As mentioned at the download link you MUST do a battery pull after installing this theme.

10-24-10 06:57 PM
    Yep, I did a battery repull before I activated the theme. I just tried deleted and reinstalling and I'm still seeing the 'text' underneath all the icons, except Text Messages, for some reason. It is a nice theme, though.
    10-24-10 07:23 PM
    Works great for me, no text under any Icon!!
    10-24-10 07:48 PM
    So maybe there's something wrong with my phone? I'm running the new OS 6.284.
    10-24-10 07:56 PM
    I just noticed you said you did a battery pull "BEFORE" activating the theme. You need to activate the theme and then do the Battery Pull.
    10-24-10 08:00 PM
    Yes, that worked. I did a battery pull AFTER I activated the theme and it worked. I thought I was supposed to do the battery pull after downloading it.
    10-24-10 08:07 PM
    Thanks, D Mac. It looks great. Much cleaner.
    10-24-10 08:10 PM
    Oh I see the confusion. I shoulda been more clear.

Glad you like it.

10-24-10 09:45 PM
    Hey D Mac,

i saw your theme and i'd love to give it a try but it seems as though the dl link is dead on the website. can you take a look or post a mirror.

THANKSSS
    01-10-11 04:43 PM
    Hey D Mac,

i saw your theme and i'd love to give it a try but it seems as though the dl link is dead on the website. can you take a look or post a mirror.

THANKSSS
    Sure I can fix that tonight, however I have been told by one of the moderators here that I am no longer allowed to share my free themes with the Crackberry community (since I do so by linking to my website and they no longer allow that).

So I will fix it tonight, but my link might be deleted like my other ones were. Hopefully I will be allowed to give away my free themes here, we will see...

01-10-11 04:56 PM
    Thank you soo much. too bad that you can't share your themes here anymore. thats a lose, they look great. i'll keep an eye out on your website then and wait for it to be updated.

Thanks again!
    01-10-11 05:02 PM
    Ok here you go (hopefully this link doesn't get deleted).

No Text
    01-11-11 12:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD