I just finished my first theme. Had no idea what I was getting myself into. Now I'm hooked. I want all criticisms. I haven't gotten ota hosting figured out. I'm working on it. Right now all I can offer is the alx. This theme still has trays. I'm working on a trayless now. I just want to see a version with some of ideas working. Ie I blacked out the bookmark and history window in the browser. Wben you highlight you see the bookmark or history item. So if someone is looking ober your shoulder they can't see your bookmarks and history. I made buttons for function instead of the tabs. Everything works in landscape and regular view. Try it out.
    http://hostj2me.com/d/13013/Echo4.alx
    I appreciate it guys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by 13echo4; 02-23-11 at 11:36 AM.
    02-23-11 11:27 AM
    Doesn't work update link

02-23-11 11:38 AM
    Link is dead

You could always register for a Dropbox account and paste the OTA files in the "Public" there and all you need to do is provide the link for the JAD file.

DropBox 2GB + 250MB Free
    13echo4 likes this.
    02-23-11 11:55 AM
    waiting for the updated OTA. Thanks
    02-23-11 12:38 PM
    waiting for the updated OTA. Thanks
    I know I'm trying. I don't what's the matter. I'm looking into it.

02-23-11 12:55 PM
    Make sure when you export the theme, you export for over the air installation. It should come up as .cod and .jad files. Not .alx - I believe that is for desktop installation?

You can use mybbota.com for hosting as well, its easy, and they will provide a link for you to use. All you have to do is sign up, upload all the .cod files and they will provide the .jad link for you.
    02-23-11 02:06 PM
    Make sure when you export the theme, you export for over the air installation. It should come up as .cod and .jad files. Not .alx - I believe that is for desktop installation?

You can use mybbota.com for hosting as well, its easy, and they will provide a link for you to use. All you have to do is sign up, upload all the .cod files and they will provide the .jad link for you.
    Yea I have it exported both ways. I just tried to get the alx. Out untell I get the over the air worked out. Thanks for the hosting site. I'll try it out.

02-23-11 03:14 PM
    bbthemelab.com is good for hosting themes as well.
    02-23-11 04:05 PM
    I'm having an issue with the download. Something is wrong with your COD files might not all be there maybe?

I get an error,
    "907 COD Error"
    02-23-11 05:10 PM
    No good, download failed

02-23-11 05:11 PM
    02-23-11 05:50 PM
    This one worked thanks will report back soon
    02-23-11 05:53 PM
    First impression icons are awesome, smooth.

Only thing is in the banners when highlighted, the green color is hard on the eyes.
    Like the font as well.

Screenshots:
    Sound Profile

BBM (Blacked out contact names and messages)

Main Screen
    13echo4 likes this.
    02-23-11 05:59 PM
    Thanks. Im trying to post screen shots. I cant get the syntax right. I built them buttons with ms paint using oem buttons for a pattern. Did the theme not already black out the contact list? It was suppose to. I didnt check that cause i dont use it. But ut does black out go to list in the browser. I did that so people close by cant see whats on the screen. Screen captures is a cool reason too.
    02-23-11 06:28 PM
    The browser is completely Black pretty much here is a screenshot of it:

The BBM and contact list is still white background only thing in those that are black is the virtual buttons at the bottom. The banner is light green when not highlighted
    02-23-11 06:39 PM
    The browser is completely Black pretty much here is a screenshot of it:

The BBM and contact list is still white background only thing in those that are black is the virtual buttons at the bottom. The banner is light green when not highlighted
    If you scroll down it will hightlight and you can see whats there. 1 line at a time.
    02-23-11 06:53 PM
    Yeah I figured that out its just kinda annoying having to scrool through everything to find the one link you want
    02-23-11 06:58 PM

Last edited by 13echo4; 02-23-11 at 07:19 PM.
    02-23-11 07:06 PM
    Yeah I figured that out its just kinda annoying having to scrool through everything to find the one link you want
    I know it would to some. As for me I'm around people more than i want to be. Dont get me wrong i have nothing to hide it just ercks me someone looks at my stuff and for example "oh you go to crackberry" "I never have time for that sort of stuff" then I say something like "well you have enough time holding the stool down at the bar". And too Im annoyed at looking at list. so by scrolling it keeps me focused.
    Have you noticed the focus on the icons. God I didnt think I was ever going to get through that. Right in the middle of that is when I found the edit screen w/ the box to change all the icons. I was doing it 1 by 1. Regular and focus.
    Last edited by 13echo4; 02-23-11 at 07:17 PM.
    02-23-11 07:12 PM
    Sorry guys I have some credit I have to give out. I had included it everywhere I tried to host just over looked it when I linked my dropbox link. I used tje chrome icon set, gold clock, android battery, and wifi meter by big papa from BBthemelab.com. Thanks guys for the cool icon and stuff.

02-23-11 08:24 PM
    Hmmm.....missed this one.
    02-25-11 06:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD