I got a wierd email this morning on my BB from someone that I didn't know advertising several free themes, all of which were from Themes in Motion. I have already deleted it off my phone, but I can look at it when I get home to give more details. But all the themes were Themes in Motion themes. You would think an email like this would come from Themes in Motion, but it didn't. Entwined, Mo7 and several other themes were advertised with links. Again, didn't click on any links and deleted the email, but I was wondering from the guys at Themes in Motion if this was from you, or if you even knew about it. If needed I can forward the email to one of the Themes in Motion members when I get home.
    roxxi23 likes this.
    10-07-11 12:00 PM
    10-07-11 12:21 PM
    I was forwarded the email, it wasn't from me or anyone in TIM. It was theft, pure and simple.
    10-07-11 12:22 PM
    I was forwarded the email, it wasn't from me or anyone in TIM. It was theft, pure and simple.
    That's what I was thinking. I didn't know if you guys knew about it or not, so thought I would give you a heads up. Sorry about the fact someone is taking all of your hard work and ripping you off.
    10-07-11 01:01 PM
    Yes it really is a shame, what I feel is worst about this whole theft issue is that it's forcing a lot of developers to stop using mobihand which costs us sales and is a loss to the Crackberry community.
    jalaw likes this.
    10-07-11 01:12 PM
    What's worse is that it probably was another "developer"....jokester even threatened to do as much right here in is this very forum...but such is life...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    jalaw likes this.
    10-07-11 06:46 PM
    Yes, we all know who that "jokester" is too. He got everyone to help him learn code in the Theme Development Forum then turns around and pirates themes to overseas websites.

He even slanders other Devs on his own blog site just too make himself feel big and bad.

A real Dev would not do that; heck a real man would not do that.
    midwestheat likes this.
    10-08-11 06:39 PM
    i got this email as well. looked very suspicious so i came here. thanks for the info, will not download any themes from the email.
    10-08-11 10:40 PM
    i got this email as well. looked very suspicious so i came here. thanks for the info, will not download any themes from the email.
    Thanks sushistew, we appreciate that. Also keep in mind many of those links may have Trojans and Spyware attached to them.
    10-08-11 10:46 PM
    Hi everyone,

I also received that email, looked very suspicious, as i have already most of the "Premium" themes it proposed, and also don't like those link, which might have trojans.

Is there a way we (Crackberry users community) can help devs with such situation?

Thanks for all your work!!!
    10-09-11 06:18 AM
    We (my gilrfriend and me) got also this email... I recognized the theme-names and I guess it could be only pirating or something similar immoral.... So I have deleted both emails... But I wonder in which way our email-adresses become public for this kind of dregs...
    10-09-11 06:27 AM
    We (my gilrfriend and me) got also this email... I recognized the theme-names and I guess it could be only pirating or something similar immoral.... So I have deleted both emails... But I wonder in which way our email-adresses become public for this kind of dregs...
    The reason your email was public is because when you buy a theme from a Dev we receive a receipt with all your info on it, example; name, address, email..ect

This is why I suspect another Dev did it who has a grudge against Themes In Motion.
    10-09-11 07:02 AM
    The reason your email was public is because when you buy a theme from a Dev we receive a receipt with all your info on it, example; name, address, email..ect

This is why I suspect another Dev did it who has a grudge against Themes In Motion.
    if that is the case, that another dev is doing this, 1) they should be booted from CB for life, and 2) be booted from Mobihand for life.

as for how to prove it? well if youve all purchased themes from mh, and thats how the email is found (which i must add is purely speculation) then there would be some correlation between the products youve all purchased.
    jalaw likes this.
    10-09-11 10:04 AM
    ya i already own greenluck. our emails are attached to our crackberry accounts as well and could be gathered here.
    10-09-11 05:14 PM
    if that is the case, that another dev is doing this, 1) they should be booted from CB for life, and 2) be booted from Mobihand for life.

as for how to prove it? well if youve all purchased themes from mh, and thats how the email is found (which i must add is purely speculation) then there would be some correlation between the products youve all purchased.
    I fully agree but to prove it, is another thing. I have my own opinions and so do others. I even have proof of a certain Dev in this forum being a pirate and was called out a few weeks ago, but a CB mod removed the threads that incriminated this certain Dev (I hate to even call him a Dev).
    10-09-11 05:35 PM
    I got this email as well I just deleted it.
    10-09-11 05:44 PM

Its not purely speculation. I know for a fact that the "dev" in question gathers the email address of their customers to send out "coming soon" and other types of promotional info.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    10-10-11 07:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD