I see every thread is rated basically one star. Can a mod find out who is rating all threads at one star and reverse the issue? This is very disrespectful to the theme community.
    anon(1308230) and andyahs like this.
    04-25-11 04:00 AM
    I see every thread is rated basically one star. Can a mod find out who is rating all threads at one star and reverse the issue? This is very disrespectful to the theme community.
    No disrespect intended here by this comment, but what give you the right to tell others what they can and can not vote.

If someone has just blatantly giving 1 star for the **** of it, then i agree it needs to be looked at.

leave a small reply is better than no reply.
    04-25-11 09:50 AM
    Did it ever occur to you that your themes suck?

Just to name a few: Cherry Blossom and BDroid X?

Heh
    04-25-11 10:39 AM
    Guys, LED means everyones threads, not just theirs, iv started noticing this too, i have a good idea who it is, but have no proof so would never say out loud.

note: isnt just the 9800 section, is all the themes sections
    Last edited by BBThemes; 04-25-11 at 10:50 AM.
    Lunars Edge Design likes this.
    04-25-11 10:47 AM
    I made a comment about this in one of my themes threads a week ago

/molson0 wonders aloud :

If everybody likes the theme WTF did the thread get a 1 star rating?

*sigh*

04-25-11 10:53 AM
    Guys, LED means everyones threads, not just theirs, iv started noticing this too, i have a good idea who it is, but have no proof so would never say out loud.

thats not nice, i have to say if i d/l a theme and it was not to my liking, then just don't reply. whats the point it flaming someone cause you did not like when d/l.
    If ya don't like the look of it then don't d/l it.
    04-25-11 11:24 AM
    Personally, I think you guys ALL are doing a great job and want to say thanks and keep up the good work. Forget about the idiots. They're just here to start troublef

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-11 11:25 AM
    Did it ever occur to you that your themes suck?

Just to name a few: Cherry Blossom and BDroid X?

Heh
    Wow...you guys are brutal! LOL
    04-25-11 11:52 AM
    Wow...you guys are brutal! LOL
    It's true, if I see a good theme, I give it a good rating, if it's bad, I give it a bad rating. At the end of the day, that's what the rating system is for. Noone has anything personal against any theme developer. Just my 2 cents

04-25-11 12:00 PM

Me too........
    04-25-11 12:02 PM
    I think it's more helpful to everyone (both themers and buyers) when detailed feedback is left (read: a comment vs. a thread star rating) This allows themers to not only be notified of bugs they may not have been aware of, but receive feedback on their style or functionality of theme- what the masses like, don't like, or would like to see in the future, so that they can evolve. For purchasers, it's helpful to see what bugs exist, and why exactly someone didn't like the theme- perhaps what one person can't stand about a today feature, another person doesn't mind at all, and can make their own decision whether or not to purchase/download.

In my opinion, there has been top-notch post-purchase support from the main themers on this site. The times I've had a bug or been unhappy, they've responded constructively, often releasing an update with the fix within 48 hrs.
    Last edited by bbstoof; 04-25-11 at 12:08 PM.
    04-25-11 12:06 PM
    99% of the time when I emailed the developers telling them about a certain concern, they email me back saying they have issued me a refund. While some of them are very helpful and usually assist, but the majority especially the big names of theme developers are useless and have no intention of spending time on a concern. I personally think this rating system is great, if the majoirty don't like ut, the theme will end up having 1 or 2 stars. If the majority like it, the theme wil end up getting 5 stars. If the opinions are mixed, the theme will get 3 stars or so.

The only reason why the OP is offended is most his thenes are rated 1 star and that is not the result of one troll rating it like that. That is a proof teling the developer that his theme needs work, in other words and to be blut, IT SUCKS :d

04-25-11 12:18 PM
    Under most circumstances, I would agree, but multiple people have noticed this as a recent trend, not pertaining to only LED's threads
    04-25-11 12:33 PM
    exactly, theres very little chance that so many people have purchased so many themes (from a multitude of different devs) and are unhappy with them.

plus iv seen threads of `coming soon` themes given 1star lately before the theme is even out, now call me old fashioned, but you cant `review` what you havent tried.

and im gonna put this out there for everyone, if a theme is as stated and as pics show, and ya dont like how it is, thats not a bad theme, surely thats good if it is how it is claiming to be, it just means its not to your taste, i.e purchasing an OS6 UI theme then saying `i dont like the os6 bars` isnt any reflection on the theme, simply of your preferences. themes should be rated on what they claim to be, not any other factor (same for anything really)

also, is it ironic that someone has given this theme a 1star too?
    04-25-11 01:04 PM
    LOL

Now THAT is funny.
    04-25-11 01:08 PM
    The only reason why the OP is offended is most his thenes are rated 1 star and that is not the result of one troll rating it like that. That is a proof teling the developer that his theme needs work, in other words and to be blut, IT SUCKS :d

Good decision on the mods to ban you from the site.

The reason I started the thread is on behalf of everyone. As others pointed out, some threads that are 'coming soon' are getting one star when the user hasn't had the chance to see the theme yet to form an opinion.

I see a flaw in the rating system. If you are going to have a rating system, then it needs to be able to be defended against trolls who rate all threads at one star just to spite other productive members. Is there a way to pinpoint who is doing the negative ratings? And then reverse the false ratings?

Can a mod answer this?
    04-25-11 04:14 PM

Have you reported this member to a mod? Perhaps they can look into it.

And yes, it seems to be happening fairly recently and getting worse.
    04-25-11 04:17 PM
    I don't know if this is any consolation to the developers out there, but I personally pay absolutely no attention to the star rating system for the threads. I don't have a high post count, but I have read this site for quite sometime. I have come to know whose opinion I trust, and the rest? Well, let's just say I have a built-in ignore button. Keep up the great work developers!
    04-25-11 05:51 PM
    I agree. I don't even look at the ratings either. What's more important to me is the developer and the concept. I've had my share of paid themes that I wasn't happy with but as stated earlier, what I don't like some one elses loves. I enjoy all the freebies and all the efforts put forth by developers.

04-25-11 05:59 PM
    I have been getting less views with my themes now because this person been putting down one star and i can tell from this thread that I'm not the only one of this problem. So far, no one has said anything bad about my themes. I'm not sure that people are not telling the truth or not but this is the first time where someone is saying this but it needs to stop. People might just think that they are just telling the truth but this person whoever it is can't hate every thread he or she sees. Wonder who is doing this? Can anyone find out because I'm very mad about this.
    04-25-11 06:08 PM
    Have you reported this member to a mod? Perhaps they can look into it.
    like i said, i only have a hunch, so with no proof i dont really have any position to say anything from.

while i guess the users that frequent the forums will know who is a good theme designer and whose not and will learn to look at the poster and not the star rating, its not really helpful for the `new adopter` as such, id hope the mods can see star ratings, much as like we can somethimes see poll voters, lets hope if they can then they sort it out.
    04-25-11 07:56 PM
    Personally it doesn't matter to me about the star rating because I buy themes that appeal to me, not by what others think because everyone's taste is different. If I buy it and don't like it, it's on me because I see the screenshots and I read the descriptions before I buy.

And now that those of us who actually appreciate the work that the developers are doing are aware of the star rating flaw, we won't be giving it much thought when chosing a theme.

Thanks to all of you developers who are taking the time to supply us with themes to make our phones more appealing!!! Keep up the great work.
    04-25-11 11:15 PM
    id hope the mods can see star ratings, much as like we can somethimes see poll voters, lets hope if they can then they sort it out.
    That's part of my main question. I'd like to know.

But even if they can see who is doing it, perhaps they can't reverse the false ratings.
    04-26-11 12:42 AM
    That's part of my main question. I'd like to know.

But even if they can see who is doing it, perhaps they can't reverse the false ratings.
    The troll seems to have taken this 'work' up seriously cos this person is doing it with multiple accounts, since it ignores the average and brings it down too!
    It would also be nice to know how a few themes still have 5 stars (randomly!).

04-26-11 02:12 AM
    In my opinion every anonymous rating-system has its hook... we have to realize, that the internet IS runaway and also a playground for all kinds of sociopaths. (Fortunalely most of them loiter at the main sides for apples iphuck and so on) But also this side isnt invulnerable... In the meantime I give a damn to the rating-system cause of another reason: my taste isnt mainstream (which is represented by the rating-system!) and a lot of people muddle up there own taste and moods with an usefull and objective functional critic/assessment!
    Its like everywhere in life: OWN experiences are indespensable... and a malinvestment of three or four € seems absorbing to me....
    BTW- the atomic-reactors in Fukushima have had nearly 5 stars in the savety-assessment... The people there give a now f***ing damn to this benchmark!
    04-26-11 02:56 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD