No one should be afraid to post a theme here. If you're new to creating themes, create one, find a site to host it (bbthemelab is a great source), then provide an OTA link. If you have questions, post your theme and ask for help. The only bad theme/themer is the one that remains just an idea. "Think it out", "Design it", "Make it happen"
    Okay. You've inspired me. I'm going to bbthemelab and see about hosting my theme. It's nothing dramatic, just a few changes to the stock theme. Who knows, this could be the start of something. I do know how to author websites.
    12-31-10 12:46 PM
    Here it is. Home, call, lock screens changed. Fonts and transparencys changed. Based on original BB/AT&T theme.

Blackberry Desktop Software install link:
    https://home.comcast.net/~k.boragine/Authorized.alx

OTA link:
    http://www.bbthemelab.com/s/X4i1TU
    Last edited by KEB64; 12-31-10 at 04:13 PM.
    Stojko likes this.
    12-31-10 03:14 PM
    Here it is. Home, call, lock screens changed. Fonts and transparencys changed. Based on original BB/AT&T theme.

Blackberry Desktop Software install link:
    https://home.comcast.net/~k.boragine/Authorized.alx

OTA link:
    http://www.bbthemelab.com/s/X4i1TU
    Thank you for your contribution to this post
    12-31-10 06:39 PM
    If criticism comes in the form of constructive suggestions, I don't think it matters whether the theme is free or paid-for. I don't use a lot of free themes because I usually run into issues with the small details (I HATE font overrides) and I don't buy a lot of themes because there rarely ever is a free trial that would allow you to check out all the details even for a day or two. I won a theme recently on CB and I wouldn't have paid for it because it simply isn't worth paying or. I would love to try out more premium themes but I am loath to pay $5 and then end up not using it because small details keep bothering me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-11 03:17 AM
    If criticism comes in the form of constructive suggestions, I don't think it matters whether the theme is free or paid-for. I don't use a lot of free themes because I usually run into issues with the small details (I HATE font overrides) and I don't buy a lot of themes because there rarely ever is a free trial that would allow you to check out all the details even for a day or two. I won a theme recently on CB and I wouldn't have paid for it because it simply isn't worth paying or. I would love to try out more premium themes but I am loath to pay $5 and then end up not using it because small details keep bothering me.

well said! As a pp has said Premium doesn't always mean better. It all depends on the creaters. Some are just much better than others. Free or not. This thread is a great idea. I just hope more theme makers are willing to share. I wish I was able to make them. I love doing stuff on the computer but have not had the time to sit and do things like I used to. My 4 yr old twins DO NOT allow me to sit for long at the computer. lol
    01-01-11 03:47 AM
    I'd like to see some of the Pro-Themers posting some here. Several use to offer "Free" themes in the forum, but have changed them to premium. There is a lot of talent out there and it should be shared. As I said before, give everyone a taste of your talent and users will trust to purchase from you.
    hunoosh likes this.
    01-01-11 07:28 PM
    I have some free themes over at my website. Only the first two on the list are available for the Torch I will be working to make more of my free themes compatible for ya'll

FREE THEMES HERE
    arjae_rj, Stojko and blkitr like this.
    01-02-11 02:12 PM
    I have some free themes over at my website. Only the first two on the list are available for the Torch I will be working to make more of my free themes compatible for ya'll

FREE THEMES HERE
    Your themes are wonderful! Free or paid.

01-02-11 02:46 PM

FREE THEMES HERE
    Thank you for your contribution. It's wonderful to see one of the "Pros" participating. Thank You!
    01-02-11 05:46 PM

FREE THEMES HERE
    Your themes are fabulous! My only problem with them is that they're not all available for Torch. Looking forward to it if/when it happens.
    01-03-11 07:07 PM
    i have a free theme coming out, and its not lookin too shabby if ya ask me

http://forums.crackberry.com/f220/co...s-free-572605/
    01-03-11 07:18 PM
    i have a free theme coming out, and its not lookin too shabby if ya ask me

http://forums.crackberry.com/f220/co...s-free-572605/
    Do you have an eta on when the OTA will be available?
    01-03-11 07:21 PM
    Love how android themes are free and have a **** ton involved with making them. But for BlackBerry's, everyone charges for them.

Check this guy out. I've never seen someone so involved and do it for free but leave the option for donations.

We need more like him.

[THEME] "Riptide9's ColorNClear" Update 12-27 3.70 [NEW slayer69 ADDONS] - xda-developers

01-03-11 08:09 PM
    Love how android themes are free and have a **** ton involved with making them. But for BlackBerry's, everyone charges for them.

Check this guy out. I've never seen someone so involved and do it for free but leave the option for donations.

We need more like him.

[THEME] "Riptide9's ColorNClear" Update 12-27 3.70 [NEW slayer69 ADDONS] - xda-developers

Too bad its only for Androids
    01-03-11 08:24 PM
    I know, right.

I spent lots of time there. My evo was crazy modded!

01-03-11 08:29 PM
    People have ridiculous expectations for free themes. One of the reasons I stopped bothering.

You make a paid theme, people buy it and either are happy or aren't (worst case scenario you do a couple refunds).

You make a free theme, you get 100 personal requests per theme for personal modifications, handing over your theme source files, handing over icon sets, etc etc. You get almost none of this on paid themes...

Spend time working for free and get harassed to do a lot more work for free. Or spend time working for some $ and get paid a bit and people are happy just buying it.

Self explanatory.
    01-03-11 08:36 PM
    Heh, this guy never handed out the source. This guy pretty much modded everyones rquest.

By being so generous he was sent donations. Personalizing for people took it that much further for this guy.

He obviously wasn't hungry for money.

01-03-11 08:42 PM
    Some people have patience, some don't.

01-03-11 08:43 PM
    No I do not usally do free themes but my themes are usally the lowest prices out there (when on sale). I believe in doing the best possible customer support I can and if there is a defect with one of my themes I always do an update or a refund. I agree with a lot of the posts in here and I disagree with a lot of the posts in here but I'm not here to dispute any of them. I am posting this because I have been known to give out free coupons to my themes in the past and today I realized I have not done it in quit some time, so here is a coupon code for my Touch 9800 theme Side Slide (only good for 9800 device). Code will only last 100 uses, so please only use once and let the others try it too.

Coupon code is... sideslidefree

Click here for link.

arjae_rj, ShoshiOne and hunoosh like this.
    01-04-11 07:23 AM
    Good timing on my part! Thanks for the free theme Jalaw. I believe you made mini pb as well and its awesome. I keep coming back to that theme. Lets see how this one works out.
    01-04-11 07:31 AM
    Thank you to the Pro-Themers for the free themes.
    01-04-11 09:24 AM
    No I do not usally do free themes but my themes are usally the lowest prices out there (when on sale). I believe in doing the best possible customer support I can and if there is a defect with one of my themes I always do an update or a refund. I agree with a lot of the posts in here and I disagree with a lot of the posts in here but I'm not here to dispute any of them. I am posting this because I have been known to give out free coupons to my themes in the past and today I realized I have not done it in quit some time, so here is a coupon code for my Touch 9800 theme Side Slide (only good for 9800 device). Code will only last 100 uses, so please only use once and let the others try it too.

Click here for link.

Thank you!
    swdoro and blkitr like this.
    01-04-11 02:00 PM

Click here for link.

Thank you to your contribution to this post
    Last edited by cgmorgan1; 01-04-11 at 06:28 PM.
    01-04-11 06:12 PM
    Thank you!
    Thanks for the great free theme.

01-04-11 07:09 PM
    Can someone Please post an OTA link for the side slide theme? I don't know how to download it from Mobihand it's asking for mode payment

01-04-11 08:22 PM
175 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD