I just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this.

I just got an offer from a fellow Crackberry member who wanted to trade one of his premium themes for the Torch for one I had just purchased.

I have never experienced this, and to be honest, don't even know how a theme could be traded.

I refused the trade as I believe premium themes are premium for a reason. Theme makers work hard to create premium themes and I believe in purchasing them if they are something that I like.

Again, I just wanted to let you all know this is going on and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Thank you
    02-12-11 01:32 PM
    I just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this.

I just got an offer from a fellow Crackberry member who wanted to trade one of his premium themes for the Torch for one I had just purchased.

I have never experienced this, and to be honest, don't even know how a theme could be traded.

I refused the trade as I believe premium themes are premium for a reason. Theme makers work hard to create premium themes and I believe in purchasing them if they are something that I like.

Again, I just wanted to let you all know this is going on and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Thank you
    This has happened to me twice, i think by the same member. I refused also and asked if that was even possible (no reply yet).

I agree with u about premiums being paid for. I don't mind a bit paying for the services that I don't have the time or patients to do myself.

I thank and appreciate all u themers for what u do!
    02-12-11 01:44 PM
    This has happened to me twice, i think by the same member. I refused also and asked if that was even possible (no reply yet).

I agree with u about premiums being paid for. I don't mind a bit paying for the services that I don't have the time or patients to do myself.

I thank and appreciate all u themers for what u do!
    Just got a pm today asking for a trade myself.
    02-12-11 04:22 PM
    Funny. Maybe it was the same one that wanted to trade with me. It must go on quite a bit then. Can't believe people would actually do that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-11 04:24 PM
    Funny. Maybe it was the same one that wanted to trade with me. It must go on quite a bit then. Can't believe people would actually do that.

Possible it is the same one. I would not even know how to trade a premium theme.
    02-12-11 04:30 PM
    Possible it is the same one. I would not even know how to trade a premium theme.
    Neither do I.

02-12-11 04:32 PM
    Ive been asked also.
    Seems pretty shady to me.
    02-13-11 12:17 PM
    I suggest you all post the name of this user as he may ask for your log in info to "trade" the theme.
    02-13-11 12:23 PM
    He told me that he just wanted me to give him the download link to the theme he wanted and he would send me the zip files of the theme I wanted. That way we'd both have it.....I ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but that sounds a lil like stealin to me.
    02-13-11 01:07 PM
    He (edit: or she I suppose ) doesn't want to "trade" with you, they want you to give them a free copy of a premium theme you bought.
    And yes, that most certainly is software piracy. You almost certainly won't get in any trouble for stealing a $2 theme, so whether or not you do it depends on your own personal set of ethics and whether or not you have any self respect.
    02-13-11 01:28 PM
    He (edit: or she I suppose ) doesn't want to "trade" with you, they want you to give them a free copy of a premium theme you bought.
    And yes, that most certainly is software piracy. You almost certainly won't get in any trouble for stealing a $2 theme, so whether or not you do it depends on your own personal set of ethics and whether or not you have any self respect.
    It does not appear that the person who wanted me to trade even has a Torch after a little research.
    02-13-11 02:06 PM
    He told me that he just wanted me to give him the download link to the theme he wanted and he would send me the zip files of the theme I wanted. That way we'd both have it.....I ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but that sounds a lil like stealin to me.
    I ain't the brightest bulb in the pack, but I think you are correct...LOL
    02-13-11 02:08 PM
    I definitly will not!! I told him/her I didn't think it was right what they were tryin to do.

I also told them the one they wanted was ONLY 99 cents and if they had any bank account, all they had to do was get a FREE Paypal account and contact a developer and, to be sure, they would email the file to them once he sent the whomping 99 cent to them.

My wife says that we will never be rich because I'm too flippin honest! Also, I shoulda come up back in the 1800's, when a man gave his word, it really meant something. Now, it only means "turn around so I can sink this blade in ya spine!"

I feel for my kids and anybody else's that is comin up this day and time!

Ok, I'm depressed now!!!!

diego.roscetti likes this.
    02-13-11 07:44 PM
    I definitly will not!! I told him/her I didn't think it was right what they were tryin to do.

I also told them the one they wanted was ONLY 99 cents and if they had any bank account, all they had to do was get a FREE Paypal account and contact a developer and, to be sure, they would email the file to them once he sent the whomping 99 cent to them.

My wife says that we will never be rich because I'm too flippin honest! Also, I shoulda come up back in the 1800's, when a man gave his word, it really meant something. Now, it only means "turn around so I can sink this blade in ya spine!"

I feel for my kids and anybody else's that is comin up this day and time!

Ok, I'm depressed now!!!!

I agree 100%. Sad that our society is like this nowadays. What is even more sad, is how some people have no remorse or guilt when doing it.
    02-14-11 09:05 AM
    Thank you to everyone for saying no. That is just no cool in my book. Yes, thats stealing, not just from the developer, but also sites like mobihand and crackberry.

Anyone who has gotten a request for this...Please click the "report private message" button in the upper right corner of the pm. Talking about piracy on CB is against the rules.

Thanks again!!!!
    Elite1 likes this.
    02-14-11 09:19 AM
    I agree 100%. Sad that our society is like this nowadays. What is even more sad, is how some people have no remorse or guilt when doing it.
    Ain't it! I can't even take a pen or a piece of peppermint from the little "TAKE ONE" bucket at the bank without askin!
    02-14-11 04:41 PM
    Anyone who has gotten a request for this...Please click the "report private message" button in the upper right corner of the pm. Talking about piracy on CB is against the rules.
    I do know at least a couple ways to do this, just because I have a knack at spotting holes in systems. (Good thing I'm honest...)
    Unfortunately there are some ways to accomplish this in some cases.
    When I was testing themes for one developer, I spotted a pattern in their download links. I tested it, saw I was correct, and told the themer right away to add a random number in there so everything wasn't in a predictable sequential order.

I didn't even think about that "report private message" option when this happened to me. I was just so shocked when a member I had never heard of (let alone interacted with) PMed me to ask for the files from a premium theme.

I'm ballsy, but I couldn't believe the pair on that one. I told him this wasn't that kind of site and deleted the message. I can't even remember their username.

Calling it "trading" is just silly. You're asking someone to steal with you.
    02-14-11 09:43 PM
    Ain't it! I can't even take a pen or a piece of peppermint from the little "TAKE ONE" bucket at the bank without askin!
    Haha I know what you mean. The one time I needed to snag a penny from a "Leave a Penny, Take a Penny" tray in a store, I was embarrassed as all heck...
    This is despite the fact that I've left countless in that tray and others just like it.
    02-14-11 09:46 PM
    Lol, I've gotten so many PMs and BBMs asking for pirated apps (usually in very bad english, often clearly by choice (I wuz wonderin if u cud get me sum free apps)) haven't gotten any recently tho...

02-14-11 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD