Hey guys, I'm new to this whole theme building idea, and i know themes are a big thing that aren't present for the Torch.

Now, i may be running around in the dark blindfolded, and its not yet possible to make a theme for the Torch, but regardless, im sure i can figure it out somehow

Having said this, i want EVERYONE's input, mass input, on what makes up a GOOD theme.

Tell me things you guys are looking for and i will do my best to integrate them into this theme.

Examples of things:
    1) Color scheme
    2) Icon style
    3) Wallpapers
    4) Character type (Bold, Italics)
    5) Text type, size of text
    6) Borders, outlines

ANYTHING that comes to your minds, lay it down here. Who knows, i might be able to figure it out, or i may not be able to.

Thanks all.
    Im super excited to get cracking on this theme building stuff, hope i can get something amazing to you guys in a short time !

-Sawm
    11-09-10 06:03 PM
    Just curious if you've seen this category on CB? There are plenty of Torch themes here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f220/

But don't be afraid to "throw your hat into the ring"!
    11-09-10 06:18 PM
    ROFL! I swear i searched day in and day out and i didnt find any Torch themes.

Having said that, ill keep this here, if you feel like you want something specific, just shout!
    11-09-10 06:19 PM
    I like the stock theme. I would like if somebody can just make a tweaked version. Call it Stock+. Take away the categories and put the icons all on 1 page. Prevent swipe down from minimizing the tray. This gets annoying everytime I try to scroll to the top.

Little things like that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-10 07:30 PM
    I like the stock theme. I would like if somebody can just make a tweaked version. Call it Stock+. Take away the categories and put the icons all on 1 page. Prevent swipe down from minimizing the tray. This gets annoying everytime I try to scroll to the top.

Little things like that.

You all need to check out the Torch theme thread as there are plenty of choices.
    Here's one that sounds like what you are looking for:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f220/th...fected-543659/
    (FYI, you cannot use landscape mode for this theme)
    11-09-10 08:40 PM
    I really like all the functionality of the stock theme as is. I've lost count of the number of themes I've tried; either some functionality is missing, or the colors aren't quite right, or something in 'em just puts me off, but I always come back to the stocker.

What I'd like to see is something like this Black Light theme, but with more of a gray-blue tint, some color to the icons, and a deeper royal blue menu highlight than stock. If I had half a clue of how to build a theme, that's what I'd build.

Have at it!!
    11-09-10 09:52 PM
    You all need to check out the Torch theme thread as there are plenty of choices.
    Here's one that sounds like what you are looking for:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f220/th...fected-543659/
    (FYI, you cannot use landscape mode for this theme)
    Awesome.. thanks for the link. I learned a lot from this thread.
    11-09-10 09:55 PM
    I'm game for anything, however the best thing in my opinion is to keep the colour scheme similar to the basic theme because you can match a lot of wallpapers, and make the theme wallpaper friendly. As long as the theme isn't colour coded like blue or green or red or something I'll give it a run.

11-09-10 10:50 PM
    I have been using OS6 perfected for a few weeks and will keep it forever. Its perfect. Gets rid of all the stupid extra pages and works like the old BBs. Hit the bb button and see all you programs. I tried many others and they are just too busy for me with all the hidden hotspots and popup trays.

11-09-10 11:24 PM
    I'm a fan of the stock theme as well, but if I could change anything it would be the menu highlight color. Blue is okay, but maybe something different that would pop and look great even if I changed the wallpaper. Not a fan of the frilly italic fonts on some themes, but that's just me.

11-10-10 03:22 AM
    I think I've used nearly every theme in the theme zone(god i wonder how much $$ I've spent on themes and apps in the last couple months :s). BBT's metro and slate are the best themes around at the moment. Nothing even comes close to how intuitive his themes are. Used the HTC theme for a while but that got old quick(to many hidden hot spots, some not working as they should, blah, blah, blah, you get the idea, just wasn't right for me). Cant wait for the newest BBT theme.
    11-10-10 03:28 AM
    Something that irked me about a lot of themes I tried was that they tend to overried my choice of display font size and style, and there is nothing I can do about it. Granted, that mostly happens with free themes, I haven't tried any paid themes. I find that 6pt is great for me and allows for proper use of the screen size, but many themes default to larger fonts.
    11-10-10 03:50 AM
    I think I've used nearly every theme in the theme zone(god i wonder how much $$ I've spent on themes and apps in the last couple months :s). BBT's metro and slate are the best themes around at the moment. Nothing even comes close to how intuitive his themes are. Used the HTC theme for a while but that got old quick(to many hidden hot spots, some not working as they should, blah, blah, blah, you get the idea, just wasn't right for me). Cant wait for the newest BBT theme.
    I completely agree with everything you said.
    Metro and Slate are the best themes due to all of their options but still keep your homescreen simple.
    HTC theme is an excellent theme except way too busy for me.
    11-10-10 06:33 AM
    Something that irked me about a lot of themes I tried was that they tend to overried my choice of display font size and style, and there is nothing I can do about it. Granted, that mostly happens with free themes, I haven't tried any paid themes. I find that 6pt is great for me and allows for proper use of the screen size, but many themes default to larger fonts.
    I totally agree with this, as I uninstall a theme immediately if it overrides my font settings.

11-10-10 09:43 AM
    I'm liking this all. What i have so far from your input:

-Keep the colors close to original
    -No font override
    -Take away the categories and put the icons all on 1 page. Prevent swipe down from minimizing the tray.
    -Keep it like metro
    -Change of highlight color
    -Keep it simple and clean

Keep it comin'
    -Sawm
    11-10-10 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD