Browsing through this great site & fancied trying a few different themes on my Torch. I'm loving the business type themes but when I review them on each one I like the look of there is a footnote to say whilst the touchscreen aspect works the trackpad doesn't. So does anyone know of any cool business type themes for the Torch which are fully operational? If so screens would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
    01-11-11 11:45 AM
    You will not find any third party themes that go to a "custom" style(not os6 design and all its stupid tabs). The simple reason is theme builder is in beta, themers either have the option for a super buggy landscape mode and having trackpad navigation, or a working landscape mode and no trackpad navigation.
    RickOShey likes this.
    01-11-11 11:51 AM
    I've been using the bDroidX Torch theme. Yeah, it makes it look like android, but the trackpad DOES work.
    01-11-11 02:55 PM
    Meridian. Functional trackpad, clean and I believe its free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-11 03:05 PM
    I believe a few parts of Meridian don't work with trackpad. I can't remember what as it's been a couple weeks since I used it.

It is a nice theme, and free.

I'm currently testing the Torch version of an upcoming theme by Ninja Themes called iShelved. The trackpad works 100% as far as I can tell in both Portrait and Landscape, but you have to be into an iPhone-style theme.

But for the most part, Homer1475 is right. The current buggy TB6 beta prevents most themes from having proper trackpad navigation. Patience, and it will hopefully be worled out by future TB6 versions.
    01-12-11 12:29 AM
    I love the default theme (change wallpaper, of course). I think most of the 3rd party themes are ugly, especially the Android based themes. I, like you, prefer business professional themes and out of all the ones I've seen I haven't liked any. I don't use the touchscreen either, so the theme has to work with the trackpad also.

01-12-11 05:53 AM
    i know that no one knows but how much longer will this theme builder be in beta i have yet to find a theme i like i am currently using pooter,s sheath which is ok but still miles better than all other stuff oot there !!!!
    01-12-11 06:04 AM
    My (free) Basic Today 9800 theme may suit your needs as a business-type theme with trackpad navigation. There are a few versions of it in different colors at Karens BlackBerry Themes

01-12-11 06:45 AM
    i know that no one knows but how much longer will this theme builder be in beta i have yet to find a theme i like i am currently using pooter,s sheath which is ok but still miles better than all other stuff oot there !!!!
    Yeah nobody knows
    There was even a PC screenshot floating around on Twitter a couple weeks ago showing the next version with support for 9780, 9670, and a couple others added but still we wait.

I think my 2 favourites I've found for the Torch that combine form with function (ie wallpaper friendly & minimalist, yet quick access to apps) are Mini PB by RJ Designs and the brand new TINT by bbt Designs. They are both premium themes though. But Mini PB is almost always on sale for $0.99-$1.99 (reg $3.99). TINT is $4.99.
    01-12-11 07:17 AM
    Thanks so much for all of your replies. Going to try a few of the suggestions although maybe not the android type ones as I've just come from an HTC and found them a bit too gimmicky. Hmutt I agree with you the stock/default theme is great but sometimes just fancy a change. Thanks again.
    01-12-11 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD