Hello, I have got the new blackberry bold 9780. I have downloaded 2 themes from blackberry apps but i cannot use them, they download fine and payment has been made for both but they cannot be run . I have been into my themes but neither of them are there. Also there are hardly any themes to choose from on the new os 6, is this because it is so new?
    Any feedback much appreciated.
    Thanks
    11-10-10 05:48 AM
    You'll have to request a refund for those themes

There are currently NO themes available for, or compatible with OS6 devices... except for the Torch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-10 06:15 AM
    Thank you, i assumed that as the themes were showing on the latest version off blackberry apps that they would be compatible with my phone. Do you know when themes will be available?
    11-10-10 06:25 AM
    ...Do you know when themes will be available?
    Only RIM knows that... and until they release a version of Theme Builder that is compatible with the 9780 screen size, we'll just have to make do with the stock theme.
    11-10-10 12:58 PM
    Ok Thanks for all your help..........will just have to sit tight.
    11-10-10 04:43 PM
    Any news on this? I really want a new theme for my 9780
    11-14-10 05:47 AM
    Me too .... I have recently updated to a 9780 and need to girlyfy my bb!!!!! x x
    11-14-10 06:45 AM
    I have the Bold 9700 and persuaded OH to get a Blackberry, and they have sent him the 9780.
    I have been setting it up this afternoon and have had slight niggles with things, one of which was not being able to get new themes! I mean, what is the point in it allowing you to download themes when you can't use them? I'm REALLY glad I didn't pay for any!
    11-15-10 09:05 AM
    I have the Bold 9700 and persuaded OH to get a Blackberry, and they have sent him the 9780.
    I have been setting it up this afternoon and have had slight niggles with things, one of which was not being able to get new themes! I mean, what is the point in it allowing you to download themes when you can't use them? I'm REALLY glad I didn't pay for any!
    sadly thats people uploading themes incorrectly, in both appworld and mobihand you have to select the compatible devices, so possibly someone got it wrong? either way hopefully TB6 for all other OS6 devices will come out soon
    11-15-10 09:24 AM
    Seems like there could be better coordination up front to have themes and apps ready and waiting for a new phone or OS to drop.
    11-17-10 10:32 AM
    Stuff like themes and apps ALWAYS lab behind the hardware. OS6 will make it a little longer wait but it will come.
    11-17-10 10:44 AM
    Seems like there could be better coordination up front to have themes and apps ready and waiting for a new phone or OS to drop.
    Stuff like themes and apps ALWAYS lab behind the hardware. OS6 will make it a little longer wait but it will come.
    Gregg's on the money re the themes. For every new device and/or OS series, themes come weeks later.

RIM is a little better with apps, or at least that's my perception. They seem to have many of the most popular apps with compatible versions when a new device drops. They must send simulators to established app developers. No idea here... just guessing!
    12-06-10 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD