OS6 - Perfected is what I feel the default Torch OS6 theme should have been.

Overview:
    I started with the oversized banner. First I thinned it down to a more reasonable size, next I rearranged the items and added a percentage meter to the battery. Next I added 3 separate links for Options, Clock and Connnections instead of having them lumped all together like it was. I kept profiles the same, but made hitting the notification area go straight to messages rather than opening a dropdown that you need to click a second time to open your messages. I kept the usefull Universal Search icon. Note: This a true OS6 Universal Search icon, not the old legacy search icon that all other themes are using (Torch only, Storm has a user selectable icon instead).

Next I did away with the annoying tabs and replaced them with one dock showing your top 5 applications. I then added the ability to easily hide and unhide that dock to keep your homescreen uncluttered and your wallpaper visible (Simply click or touch the down arrow above the icons to hide the dock, and click or touch the up arrow at the bottom of the screen to unhide it).

Features:

�Click on the battery meter to open Options
    �Click on the signal meter to open Manage Connections
    �Click on the time to open Clock/Alarm
    �Dedicated Profiles icon
    �Universal Search icon (Torch only - Storm has a user selectable icon instead)
    �Click on the notification area to open Messages
    �5 user selectable icons at the bottom
    �Click the area right above the bottom icons to hide them
    �Click the bottom area of the screen to reshow the icons
    �All icons and theme elements are in custom created official OS6 style
    �Press Spacebar to open Messages (Torch only)
    �Press 0 to open Calculator (Torch only)
    �Press $ to open Text Messages (Torch only)

Download Link: OS6 - Perfected (Torch & Storm)
    Or access it and all my other themes on my site: OS6 - Perfected

Note for Torch users: Because landscape mode is not currently supported by RIM in the Beta theme builder it is recommended that you use an app to disable landscape mode. Some apps that do this are: QuickLaunch, TiltLock, and my favourite and the one I recommend Six Tools
    Last edited by D Mac; 11-01-10 at 03:47 AM.
    10-28-10 05:44 AM
    Just a quick thought,
    any way to bring up the normal today screen when you click that section, or perhaps a today with calendar, messages, and/or text messages. I personally don't use the messages folder but rather use my own email folder and separate text messages from email, so when I click that section I don't get my text messages.

Other then that I love this theme and great work man, Loving this theme so far.

Edit:
    Just a small bug i noticed. When installing or a fresh reboot all the bottom icons are highlighted. You have to scroll across to make the blue highlight box go away. Not a huge deal for me but just thought i would mention it. Also in landscape mode the image is cut off(as we all know a known issue with TB) and the app box is all scrunched up and unclickable as well as the top banner part.
    Last edited by homer1475; 10-28-10 at 06:38 AM.
    10-28-10 06:33 AM
    just download and there is a lot of problems.
    The battery always says 100% even when the phone only has 80%
    when you turn the phone sideways it all goes bad. u cannot use the phone.

needs a lot of work but it would be good once all is working
    10-28-10 09:50 AM
    Looks awesome! Another hit, D Mac.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-10 10:49 AM
    @Homer & Heyeys,

None of those are problems, glitchs or bugs with this theme, so no it doesn't "need a lot of work".

The lanscape issue is a known issue with ALL themes. The fix for it is to remove trackpad support. So would you rather have trackpad support or landscape support? I chose trackpad support, but the point is RIM only allows us ti have either right now, not both. Hopefully RIM will fix that soon, but I expect it will be a while.

The battery meter is perfect. Reboot your phone and your problem will go away.

10-28-10 12:37 PM
    Oh ya, and I forgot to mention in my original post: there is also 3 hotkeys:

-Press Spacebar to launch Messages
    -Press 0 to launch Calculator
    -Press $ to launch Text Messages

10-28-10 12:40 PM
    -press spacebar to launch messages
    noooooo!!!!!

10-28-10 12:52 PM
    The lanscape issue is a known issue with ALL themes. The fix for it is to remove trackpad support. So would you rather have trackpad support or landscape support? I chose trackpad support, but the point is RIM only allows us ti have either right now, not both.
    Yes, it's horrid with default BB6 theme. Your wallpaper becomes enlarged and pixelated in landscape.

For this reason I prefer a theme-defined wallpaper on Landscape Home Screen, as many themes have added. (Including yours!)

10-28-10 12:55 PM
    Oh so it only locks Home Screen? That's perfect. I didn't want to give up landscape globally, just on the Home Screen� Thanks!

10-28-10 02:04 PM
    Oh so it only locks Home Screen? That's perfect. I didn't want to give up landscape globally, just on the Home Screen� Thanks!

Yes. In any app you want locked (or unlocked) you need to hit Menu>Lock Tilt (or Menu>Unlock Tilt), so if you only enable it on the app screen then only your app screen and homescreen will be locked (that is the way I have it).
    10-28-10 02:19 PM
    Ah-hah! Just realized QuickLaunch for 9800 already includes this function too!

Added as a global menu item, and locked my Home & App Screens!

(Me = happy camper)

10-28-10 02:32 PM
    Can you make this with a color aside from the default blue? Say, purple .. In my case. Otherwise: this is perfect.

I make my themes to what I feel will be prefered by the largest number of people. I will happily do personalizations, but only by donation
    10-28-10 04:37 PM
    I have made a few minor tweaks and changes (moved things slightly, added lockscreen support, etc) so if you have previously downloaded this theme please download it again to upgrade to the newest version.
    10-28-10 04:39 PM
    Application to stop Blackberry Storm from rotating.
    *Does not work pass reset and does not work with most applications.

From lock tilts own website

So I am led to believe I have to install a buggy app to fix an issue with a buggy TB. Now that's hilarious.
    All I was trying to get at is use a set landscape wallpaper instead of allowing to use our own and having it all screwed up. You have done it in some of your own themes already just not sure why you didn't in this one. To be honest I don't understand the issue with trackpad support on the home screen, it's a touchscreen device. Having one screen without trackpad navigation isn't the end of the world. But to each their own and since you made this theme then it's ultimately your decision what to do and what not to do.

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass on this one. Looks good just doesn't really work for me.
    Last edited by homer1475; 10-28-10 at 06:53 PM.
    10-28-10 06:47 PM
    Application to stop Blackberry Storm from rotating.
    *Does not work pass reset and does not work with most applications.

From lock tilts own website

So I am led to believe I have to install a buggy app to fix an issue with a buggy TB. Now that's hilarious.
    All I was trying to get at is use a set landscape wallpaper instead of allowing to use our own and having it all screwed up. You have done it in some of your own themes already just not sure why you didn't in this one. To be honest I don't understand the issue with trackpad support on the home screen, it's a touchscreen device. Having one screen without trackpad navigation isn't the end of the world. But to each their own and since you made this theme then it's ultimately your decision what to do and what not to do.

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass on this one. Looks good just doesn't really work for me.
    First of all let me make this clear we are not talking about this theme we are talking about ALL torch themes. And actually it is the themes that allow landscape mode that have the bigger bug than the ones that don't.

When we allow landscape mode then there is a bug that removes all trackpad support.

When we do not allow landscape mode there is a bug that still allows the screen to rotate.

So I gave you an app that 100% fixes the issue and makes the theme work perfectly like it was designed and you are only required to press 2 buttons (Menu>Lock Tilt) once every time you pull your battery and that's not good enough? How often do you pull your battery? How hard is it to press 2 buttons?

You should really get used to themes working this way because once Theme Builder comes out of beta a lot of themes are going to be portrait only.

And you prefer touchscreen only, not touchscreen and trackpad? That's strange. For people that prefer to use their phone one handed and with the keyboard open trackpad support is a must.

Also I Guarantee if I chose the trackpad bug instead of the landscape bug more people would complain (and of course if you use the Free, Simple solution I gave you then there is no bug at all).
    10-28-10 07:37 PM
    This is not a good theme; IT'S A GREAT THEME!
    I applaud you for this one, as there is now a theme that has TOUCH and TRACKPAD use on the homescreen. I already have LockTilt (built into my Quicklaunch app) and it's a perfect solution for the beta themebuilder landscape problems. Landscape does not work as efficiently as portrait does on most themes, so this one is an excellent wallpaper friendly theme.
    Nice work!
    Last edited by tellsells; 10-28-10 at 08:57 PM.
    10-28-10 08:29 PM
    I'm with "tellsells"... I'm loving this theme!! And I really appreciate the "Locktilt" tip. I didn't even know it was built into my Quicklaunch! I've enabled it, and now I'm super happy as I didn't like the home screen landscape mode in the first place.

Kudos on a great theme! I think it's perfect as it is.

10-28-10 08:37 PM
    Thank you so much for this theme, I got the torch yesterday and absolutely hate it. One thing was the annoying theme and touchscreen setting off everything by accident. Your theme resolves 99% of the problems.

Request, if you can add code to the theme to DISABLE the touchscreen, I would be happy to donate to that version and I suspect many others would from what I have been reading on the web.

Thank you.
    10-29-10 09:49 AM
    Hey D Mac,

Thanks for all your work on these wonderful themes. I really like parts of all of them but can't seem to settle on the one that works best for me.

Any chance of getting a version of this one with full today screen for messages, sms and calendar? I'm not crazy about the tilt to get today as many of the OS6 themes are using. Would it be possible to have a scroll from main screen (either left or right) capability to do this? Cheers!
    10-29-10 12:26 PM
    Hey D Mac,

Thanks for all your work on these wonderful themes. I really like parts of all of them but can't seem to settle on the one that works best for me.

Any chance of getting a version of this one with full today screen for messages, sms and calendar? I'm not crazy about the tilt to get today as many of the OS6 themes are using. Would it be possible to have a scroll from main screen (either left or right) capability to do this? Cheers!
    Yes, I am the same as you, I prefer a today screen and don't like landscape mode at all.

I have actually already made 2 versions of this theme with different modes of doing the hidden today (slide out from the left, and popup in the centre) but neither of them were quite what I was hoping, so I am now working on a 3rd. Should be ready in a couple days...
    10-29-10 02:52 PM
    Request, if you can add code to the theme to DISABLE the touchscreen, I would be happy to donate to that version and I suspect many others would from what I have been reading on the web.

Thank you.
    Most ridiculous request of a theme I have heard yet.
    Why on earth did you buy a touch screen device, if you didn't want touchscreen? If you just wanted OS6 should have waited for the 9780.
    10-29-10 04:43 PM
    Most ridiculous request of a theme I have heard yet.
    Why on earth did you buy a touch screen device, if you didn't want touchscreen? If you just wanted OS6 should have waited for the 9780.
    To be fair to him, the larger screen of the 9800 still makes it better than the 9780. Also I doubt he wants the touchscreen disabled completely, just on the homescreen.

And I suspect that is because of the unreliable lock button. Unless you use password lock it's not uncommon to pull your Torch out of your pocket and find it on a completely different screen than when you put it in there. But unfortunately disabling the touchscreen on the homescreen wouldn't really help this issue as it is both the touchscreen and the trackpad that would have to be disabled to stop this from happening.
    10-29-10 11:34 PM
    I would I do that?

Did you mean: 'how' would I do that?

If so: donations can be made by clicking on the donate button on the top right of my site ( http://thethemezone.blogspot.com/ )

10-30-10 01:35 AM
    Yes, I am the same as you, I prefer a today screen and don't like landscape mode at all.

I have actually already made 2 versions of this theme with different modes of doing the hidden today (slide out from the left, and popup in the centre) but neither of them were quite what I was hoping, so I am now working on a 3rd. Should be ready in a couple days...
    Thanks man. You rock!
    10-30-10 12:57 PM
    This is the best theme I've seen to date. Simple yet functional. My only issue is the portait, landscape issue. I use an amazing little progam called "six tools" which includes a feature to lock in portrait mode while on the homescreen. It also give you 2 extra convenience buttons which is why I like it over other choices. For some reason the lock works with every theme I have tried except this one. A shame because this is the only theme I've found that I would use.

10-30-10 03:21 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD