Hi guys,

So I went back and tried to make a theme for my new 9800 using the latest Theme Builder OS 6.0 (beta 2 or 3 I believe).

Problem is, when I install the theme, it freezes my device or locks me out a few times a day and I need to do a battery pull. Same happens on my wife's 9780. Is it a theme builder issue? If so, does anyone know of a work around?

Thanks
    03-25-11 11:37 PM
    Does it only happen on the themes you make or any theme you install and try to use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-11 11:58 PM
    No just that one. This new theme builder or latest ver of it I mean makes the phone freeze everytime I build a theme using it.
    03-26-11 01:12 AM
    How long after the theme is loaded that it locks up your phone.

03-26-11 01:58 AM
    depends. sometimes right after i open media n other times (after a batt pull) it'll work for a couple of hours and then lock up again.
    03-26-11 03:47 AM
    I have no experience with this, but here are some things that I think of for this issue:
    - are any graphics you're using the right size (68x68?) or are they larger?
    - can we see what the theme is? Because some themes are much more processor intense then others
    - if all else fails, have you tried deleting the theme and re-installing?

03-27-11 11:29 AM
    I'd try wrapping phone in an electric blanket. (Sorry, couldn't refuse!)

03-27-11 12:43 PM
    I have seen this before when I tested some themes for a couple of developers. It mostly happened when in landscape or right after switching from landscape to portrait. They had a hard time figuring out why it would freeze so they just turned landscape mode into a "today screen" or an "app screen".
    You might want to re-do the theme and eliminate landscape support by changing it to one of these options.
    03-27-11 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD