Last night i saw some Theme Creators vs other ones attacking each other here in Crackberry. Honestly me as a Customer i think that is way out of line and how some comments where disrespectul to another. I saw some Theme CreAtors where attacking Sunny in a hard way. I think there should be a forum apart for you guys isaues can be discussed as it is. For me WITH the experience i have had with Sunny i don't have anything to complain from his themes and i am sure some other customers as well. BUT that is my point of view as a Customer and a member of this page.
    Hope you all have a great weekend.
    10-14-11 07:46 AM
    When a Theme Creator steals from other Theme CreatorS its an issue beyond a customer. Enjoy your themes as a customer no matter which Theme Creator you "purchased" from.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-11 07:54 AM
    With all the respect that is my Business, i just wrote what i think that's it.
    10-14-11 07:57 AM
    Nothing I typed was of any disrespect to you or your opinion.

gam1970 likes this.
    10-14-11 07:59 AM
    Kolonji i see ur point and i respect that, i am just saying is not nice to see those attacks in this page, that' s all especialy from people who make themes for us
    10-14-11 08:03 AM
    Sorry Kolonji i know u did not my apologies i was writing an email and what i was thinking came to my mind here, when i realized that it was already posted. And NO u did not disrespect me in any way, was my bad. My apologies again
    10-14-11 08:05 AM
    what did I miss?!!!??
    10-14-11 08:41 AM
    Didn' t u see the Battle of the Titans here last night?
    10-14-11 08:53 AM
    no!???? where? here in the theme section? did it get deleted?
    10-14-11 09:10 AM
    That threat got deleted ! Sunny was being attacked for his themes and all kind of accusations came by etc.....One thing is true and that is that Sunny has a lot of Fans for his themes and THAT NO ONE CAN DENY IT.
    10-14-11 09:13 AM
    Last night i saw some Theme Creators vs other ones attacking each other here in Crackberry. Honestly me as a Customer i think that is way out of line and how some comments where disrespectul to another. I saw some Theme CreAtors where attacking Sunny in a hard way. I think there should be a forum apart for you guys isaues can be discussed as it is. For me WITH the experience i have had with Sunny i don't have anything to complain from his themes and i am sure some other customers as well. BUT that is my point of view as a Customer and a member of this page.
    Hope you all have a great weekend.
    Gam1970, I understand your concerns and everyone elses that read it. But there is more behind the story that you or others may not know about. It has been brought up many times before of sunnys pirating of other Devs themes and giving then away for free.

So yes the attacks may have been harsh and I apologize to those customers that saw it and left a bad taste in there mouth, but if you are a theme Dev you would know that we work hard on our themes and do not appreciate when another Dev hijacks themes and gives them away for free.

And yes there is proof but for some reason the mods or mod keeps deleting it.

Yes your point of view is welcome, as I would HOPE that my point of view is welcome in the forums as long as I do not break any forum rules, which I believe I did not.

Thank you for your input and concern.
    9of13, gam1970 and midwestheat like this.
    10-14-11 10:07 AM
    since i was at the forefront of everything that happened yesterday and probably the main reason it happened i feel i should say a few words.

first, i am not a theme dev. am i part of certain theme groups? yes.

because of my actions yesterday i did receive an "official" warning from a CB mod which i have no problem with, i broke some rules i have to deal with the consequences.

but the thing you are referring to as to what happened last night was people presenting proof of certain things and the majority of it were people arguing with a CB mod and not the dev in question. did it get out of hand? yes but we all know our emotions can get the better of us and last night was one of those times.

i do not support theme hackers and neither should anyone else and i will call them out without hesitation.

gam1970 likes this.
    10-14-11 11:48 AM
    edit: while i obviously dont condone people stealing themes etc, what does annoy me just as much is when other devs (no, im not gonna mention any names, you know who you are) make `offical site themes` for these sites that steal our work, to me your supporting them and therefore you what they do.
    Last edited by BBThemes; 10-15-11 at 11:31 PM.
    9of13, gam1970 and jalaw like this.
    10-14-11 12:32 PM
    Amen !!!!!

10-14-11 03:58 PM
    All I can say is I am glad I missed it all because I was watching NLCS last night in which my beloved Cardinals got beat. However, that being said, I have played with theme development and know that it is not easy. The developers deserve whatever they want to charge for their themes.

Now, RIM, how about a theme developer for OS7. I'll be upgrading this weekend to the 9810 and I want slgta to make SuperTilt and StaticFX to make LECARS for it.
    10-14-11 03:58 PM
    Well not really suprised that Sunny had been banned from CB community, as he already had been banned from Symbian community (copyrights claims from devs), before coming to Blackberry. His name is a saddly well known for this kind of act.

Anyway, have a nice week-end!!!

Chesternoos

10-14-11 05:30 PM
    Take home message (quintessence): I wont purchase themes anymore offered by designated person cause I didnt support backstabber and pirates... :-)
    10-15-11 06:31 AM
    see all that drama? its not the first time. It wont be the last. And Its not just here! Join a theme dev bbm group! Worse!! The drama and beef is 75 percent of why i retired.
    jalaw likes this.
    10-15-11 08:24 PM
    see all that drama? its not the first time. It wont be the last. And Its not just here! Join a theme dev bbm group! Worse!! The drama and beef is 75 percent of why i retired.
    bbm groups kill your battery at least thats my experience tbh.

personally i dont mind people talking about me, i have very thick skin, plus i jus wanna say now for those that do, thanks for the free publicity
    Last edited by BBThemes; 10-15-11 at 11:31 PM.
    jalaw and 9of13 like this.
    10-15-11 09:19 PM
    Theme community needs to be cleaned up anyway, too much garbage, too many people that actually purchase the garbage and overtake the forums.

Its 2011.
    You have a fancy phone.

10-16-11 07:39 AM
    Theme community needs to be cleaned up anyway, too much garbage, too many people that actually purchase the garbage and overtake the forums.

Its 2011.

You have a fancy phone.

Yep...I have a fancy phone whose platform is the only one that can be customized to such depth, like no other.

Thanks for your input and enjoy your weekend

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    10-16-11 08:32 AM
    Ha, That took a total of 8 hours for IP4S to end up in a ZIP file on some middle eastern/asian site.

My next theme will NOT be for sale in India.

I will be posting a demo version, & sending out the real one individually with watermarks.

Now whats what ?!?

This will be the last time it happens.
    10-16-11 09:20 AM
    Ha, That took a total of 8 hours for IP4S to end up in a ZIP file on some middle eastern/asian site.

My next theme will NOT be for sale in India.

I will be posting a demo version, & sending out the real one individually with watermarks.

Now whats what ?!?

This will be the last time it happens.

Serial number maybe?

10-16-11 10:08 AM
    Serial number maybe?

nope, jus dont put it on mobihand, thats the simplest way to stop that from happening.

sad but true.
    10-16-11 11:34 AM
    At least they like it :-

It would suck if people downloaded it for free & badmouthed it anyway :-D
    10-16-11 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD