I don't know if anyone experienced this before, but I hve downloaded some themes like IP4, star, etc. when I tried to switch to these themes, I only can get a blank screen on the main screen, and nothing else. no sliding main menu, no others etc. does anyone experienced this before, o knows the solution for this. any help would be appreciated
    12-03-10 03:56 AM
    you are not the only one experiencing this.and i have exhausted all means so this doesn't happen to my torch but in vain.i think they need to fix this with a new software.anyone knows about new software for torch?
    12-03-10 04:59 AM
    How are you downloading themes? The easiest way is OTA. If you are trying to download a file that is listed as OTA you must do so from your device (not your computer). Once you download it from your device you then go to options>display>screen display>scroll down to the theme that you want and activate it.
    After you properly download a new theme you sometimes need to do a "battery pull" to get all of the icons to show correctly.
    You will not get a blank screen if you follow these instructions and you are downloading the proper Torch version of a theme.
    Last edited by tellsells; 12-03-10 at 06:27 AM.
    12-03-10 06:25 AM
    i definetely did the same, downloaded via OTA link, installed, activated, and the pulled the battery.
    surprise...my bberry is dead, with error 602, no connection no nothing. now, I am downloading system software once again, but everything is gone, and I have a brand new virgin 9800 in my hand
    so guys, don't do this
    i am completely open to any suggestions since I have experienced a dying bberry
    12-03-10 06:34 AM
    The instruction tellsells posted are the exact instructions people should follow to install a theme.

If the OP did this and got a 602 error, Then the theme they installed is more then likely faulty not the torch. I suppoose it could be something in the OS that caused it but unlikely.

I have been beta testing and using themes on the 9800 since the beta theme builder came out, and I haven't had any of the problems the OP or anyone else posting in here is experiencing. Doesn't mean no one else can have a problem, just that it is an uncommon problem and most likely due to a buggy theme and not the device or OS.
    12-03-10 06:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD