Hi,

My wife has a Torch and I'm the resident "IT Guy" in the house. Soo...here I am.

Her Torch was working fine.

She installed the Sparkle Rose theme.

Her favorites disappeared. Worse, touching & holding an icon no longer brings up the menu to add to favorites, etc.

Uninstalled the theme and went back to the stock BB theme, but still no menu on long press.

I've read that the favorites can disappear...but have come up empty on this no menu on long press situation. Have tried a reboot, no joy there.

Help....

Thanks!
    03-12-11 08:45 PM
    Have you tried a full battery pull?
    03-12-11 09:11 PM
    Have you tried a full battery pull?
    Yay, that worked! I had not. When you power down a bb does it go into a standby mode? I ask because it shuts down so fast, and the startup after the battery pull was much more intensive.

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-11 09:44 PM
    Yes, A BB never really shuts down. The only way to turn it off is to pull out the battery or smash it to pieces

PS
    Please don't smash it to pieces
    03-12-11 09:55 PM
    My take on themes... Whichever theme I load, ultimately I keep going back to the default one. I think it's the neatest.
    Just my 2c.
    03-13-11 05:46 AM
    Thanks. This was her first attempt at playing with a theme and will probably be her last after this experience!

It was nice that after the battery pull it restored the favorites; that was actually another thing that made me think the usual “shutdown” was more of a standby mode.

It’s a neat phone. I’m slowly learning more about it (I’ve got an android phone). Battery life rocks on it; beats mine to pieces. I use mine in a more battery intensive way than she does, but even so I charge mine every night (30-40% left) and she charges every other day and has not once complained about battery levels.

We didn’t smash our previous phones (we both had LG Neons) to bits and they were garbage (mine worse than hers for some reason) so the bb is safe I think…
    03-14-11 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD