Greetings all.

I would like to request a masonic theme for the 9800. Simple, clean, elegant. Ideally, I would like to see the working tools of the various degrees as the basic icons, and an interchangable wallpaper with the emblems of the appendant bodies (square and compasses, triple tau, cross and crown, etc). For the call screen, have the widow/broken colums/father time as the backdrop, and any other imagery that you may find appropriate.

I know that there are a number of freemasons like myself here on the board, so I hope this won't be too tall of an order.

For further information, feel free to email me at brikkhaus@hotmail.com. Thank you in advance.

Sincerely and fraternally,
    -Dan
    Winchester Hiram #21 A.F. & A.M.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-10 07:29 AM
    So after 145 views and no replies, I've decided to try to tackle this theme design myself. Unfortunately, I'm one of the poor schmuks in the world who are running Vista, and the theme builder crashes on me.

Is there any other software that I can run that will build a compatible theme for my 9800, or is there a patch that allows the builder to run on Vista?

Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

~Dan
    12-22-10 09:52 AM
    Theme Builder and composer crash on me ALL day long using W7 aswell.

They are both screwed imo.
    12-22-10 10:32 AM
    Please let me know if u can get this theme together I to have been wanting this but ammo way inclined to do. Sincerely and Fraternally
    Bro Wright D.C.J Military Lodge #27 Aurora,Co F&AM SMIB

12-22-10 09:13 PM
    I'd be willing to try this theme, but I'm not very experienced and I'm not a mason of any sort, so I'd need some elaboration and it may not be perfect, but if nobody else would like to help...
    Brikkhaus likes this.
    12-23-10 07:58 AM
    Bro. Wright -

I will do what I can, but presently I'm a fish out of water. Until there is some kind of patch to allow the Theme Builder to work on a Vista machine, there isn't much I can do (aside from plopping down the money to upgrade my OS to Win7).

JLP -

Feel free to email me at the address I listed above, and I'll help you out with the imagery and some basic background information. Anything that you could provide would be better than anything I've been able to come up with. I understand that it would be a work in progress, and believe me, I will be patient.

Sincerely and Fraternally,
    ~Dan
    12-23-10 08:22 AM
    Hello all...

A quick update: JLP has sent me the original version of the masonic theme for the 9800, and we are working on some basic tweaks as we speak. Stay tuned...we may want some other beta testers.

Lastly, can someone email me with how to set up an OTA download please? (My email is in the first thread). Thanks in advance!

Sincerely and fraternally,
    -Dan

12-28-10 05:37 PM
    (clip)... we may want some other beta testers.
    Count me in.

Brother Tim
    Somerset, PA Lodge 358

12-28-10 05:50 PM
    hi from Italy. i'm here for beta test with my 9800

Sincerely and fraternally

Fr. Gio
    01-16-11 07:45 AM
    Update on the Masonic Theme for the 9800...

JLP has been hard at work sending me version after version, and it is coming along great. At this point, I'm ecstatic with what he's produced, how it looks, feels and works.

Unfortunately, we haven't gotten any help with how to post or create an OTA download, so if you would like to get in on whats happening, please email me at brikkhaus@hotmail.com, and I will forward you what I have.

Please make any suggestions, comments or bug reports in this thread, and we will see where it goes from there.

At present, the theme has the following:
    * No annoying tabs or sliding application windows.
    * 10 User-defined icons, which activate by touch. The applications are delineated through the first ten icons on the applications screen, with the first six opened through the "working tools", and the last 4 running as icons across the bottom of the screen.
    * User-defined wallpaper. The image appears behind the pillars and the working tools, so it is kind of a "behind the scenes" wallpaper. Personally, I'm working on laying out an image that isn't obscured by the tools.
    * The "selection" back-lighting for an application is replaced by a square and compass.
    * Custom phone call wallpaper: a statue of Father Time, the Widow, broken column, etc. Those that are familiar will understand what I'm talking about.

My only bummer is that the theme isn't supported in "landscape" mode, so the layout doesn't transfer, but I'm not sure that can be changed or properly fixed without downloading the "don't use the landscape view" app.

If you are going to leave comments, please remember to be constructive...
    1) This is JLP's first attempt at anything like this, and he has come a long way up the learning curve.
    2) As it is a Masonic theme, he had no idea what he was getting into, and I had to do a lot of constructive "explaining".
    3) He did all of this for FREE, so he's alright in my book.

Thanks a bunch guys, and a special thanks to JLP for his diligence and putting up with my silly requests along the way.

All the best!
    S&F

~Dan
    dokus likes this.
    01-17-11 07:58 PM
    To elaborate on what Brikkhaus said, here's an OTA link that I just figured out how to make an hour or so ago (hosted by bbthemelab):
    Masonic Torch Theme OTA

Now you can see for yourselves what the theme looks like. I would post pictures, but my computer doesn't seem to want to do that at all...

update: Here are some pictures!
    The first picture is of the homescreen, where all of the application links are highlighted in yellow.

And then the homescreen without obstructions.

The incoming call screen

and the in-call screen

another update:
    I have improved the images in the application menu. Here is the OTA for the theme with (I left the other one for in case people don't like the compass icon)
    Updated theme here

and here's a picture of the application screen (don't worry, it looks better at phone-size)
    Last edited by Jean-luc_Picard; 01-24-11 at 02:50 PM. Reason: to add an updated OTA
    01-18-11 10:34 AM
    OTA links were down. Not anymore!
    Last edited by Jean-luc_Picard; 01-24-11 at 10:48 AM.
    01-21-11 10:05 AM
    Brother Dan,

I am hopeful that its gonna work out and am really interested on getting the Masonic Theme on BB Torch 9800.....Please update me.

IWUW
    03-09-12 05:40 AM
    Brother Dan,

I am hopeful that its gonna work out and am really interested on getting the Masonic Theme on BB Torch 9800.....Please update me.

IWUW
    03-09-12 05:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD