not sure if this is a torch thing or just the way the new OS works.

i had a older curve and just got a torch,

i used a "today" theme on the curve, when i selected an email from the home screen i would read it and if i hit the back key or deleted it i would return to the home screen and still have a list of emails.

on the torch if i read an email and hit the back key or delete the email it doesnt return to the home screen, instead it puts me into the messages applications,

am i missing some simple setting somewhere or am i stuck with it working like this?
    04-04-11 09:12 AM
    not sure if this is a torch thing or just the way the new OS works.

i had a older curve and just got a torch,

i used a "today" theme on the curve, when i selected an email from the home screen i would read it and if i hit the back key or deleted it i would return to the home screen and still have a list of emails.

on the torch if i read an email and hit the back key or delete the email it doesnt return to the home screen, instead it puts me into the messages applications,

am i missing some simple setting somewhere or am i stuck with it working like this?
    pressing the back key will take you back a step. if you press the red "end" key, it will leave the message app running in the background, but return you to your home screen...

i think the notification area goes through the "messages" app. If you go to your emails straight through the email account, and not "messages" app, perhaps you will get the same results as your curve?

Try it with a different theme, and see what happens as well...
    04-04-11 03:40 PM
    pressing the back key will take you back a step. if you press the red "end" key, it will leave the message app running in the background, but return you to your home screen...

i think the notification area goes through the "messages" app. If you go to your emails straight through the email account, and not "messages" app, perhaps you will get the same results as your curve?

Try it with a different theme, and see what happens as well...

from home click on a message in the list it opens the message
    click back button -> goes back to messages application
    click back button -> goes back to home screen

so where i expect home screen to be back on level its really 2. i will try another theme to see what happens
    04-04-11 03:58 PM
    i tried "Basic Today Purple"
    BlackBerry App World - Basic Today Purple
    and it does the same thing as the theme i am building using theme builder 6.0 beta
    04-04-11 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD