I'm new to the torch but started with Blackberry at the pearl 8100. The problem I'm having is with the Black Modern Theme. When I first got it the wallpaper that came with would look good in portrait and lanscape. After messing with berry weather I have this weird bar in lanscape. I have tried removing the app then unistalling the theme and nothing helps. What am I doing wrong?

11-15-10 09:33 AM
    This is an issue with the theme builder software since it's only beta right now. What's showing at the top is the default wallpaper for the theme. If you change the wallpaper from the default, the default will still show through along the top. There's nothing you can do to fix this with a custom theme. This is one of the reasons I stick with the stock theme, all custom themes are going to have bugs like this because of the current limitations of the theme builder software.
    11-15-10 09:57 AM
    Simple solution until TB comes out of beta and it gets fixed. Download an app that will orientation lock your home screen to portrait view. I was very reluctant to do this, telling one themer that his theme was buggy and I had to put another app n my phone to fix his buggy theme. Now i realize it's not their fault but limitation in TB. I actually find I like being able to lock certain screen to certain views.
    11-15-10 10:01 AM
    What you see in portrait is the default wallpaper. When I first used the theme it worked fine. I got that wallpaper in both modes or so I thought. I have made so many changes I might be mistaken. I just like the icons with that theme. Thank you for the quick response.
    11-15-10 11:01 AM
    If it worked to begin with, you might want to try posting something in the themes original thread. Maybe the builder can answer your question better.
    11-15-10 11:06 AM
    What I meant by default wallpaper is the default wallpaper in the theme builder software. When you open up the standard theme to build off of there is a default wallpaper included. My guess is that it was always like that for you but you didn't notice it at first because unless the person creating the theme specifically appoints a separate wallpaper for both portrait and landscape, you will see that default wallpaper showing through the top bar.

Additionally, if the theme does have separate wallpapers for each orientation and you change the wallpaper to something different, you will see the theme's specified wallpaper along the top. Again, this is a bug with theme builder. If you really like the theme that much, suggest to the author to go in and assign a separate 480x360 version of the wallpaper to the landscape mode, not the same 360x480 one.
    11-16-10 12:56 PM
    This is an issue with the theme builder software since it's only beta right now. What's showing at the top is the default wallpaper for the theme. If you change the wallpaper from the default, the default will still show through along the top. There's nothing you can do to fix this with a custom theme. This is one of the reasons I stick with the stock theme, all custom themes are going to have bugs like this because of the current limitations of the theme builder software.
    That's not exactly true. There are some theme builders who have figured out a way to use landscape properly.
    Check out Metro, Slate, and the new HTC Revolution theme (just to name a few). They all work with no problem in landscape, as you can use your own wallpaper only in portrait.
    It would be nice if every Torch custom theme lists whether it supports "landscape" or not.
    Last edited by tellsells; 11-16-10 at 01:16 PM.
    11-16-10 01:13 PM
    Right, some themes are designed totally different and don't utilize the original top bar/connections shortcut. Those themes won't have this issue because it's an issue with that specific bar.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-10 05:05 PM
    I am having a different problem with the wallpaper. When I take a picture and decide to use it as my wallpaper, for some reason it gets blown up to the point I can only see the top left of the picture. This is a new problem, it hasn't always been like this. Any thoughts ?
    11-16-10 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD