I have tested three themes now that have been posted for the Torch. They all seem to have the same problem. The themes aren't recognizing the "Media" tab. What's happening is the media screen is empty (or has slacker in it), while the media folder on the "all" screen contains the proper elements. when you go to move elements into a folder is lists what should be a hidden folder which corresponds to the media screen. once mover to that "hidden" folder, they appear on the screen.

very annoying, but, as i said, consistent with all three that i tested. seems to be a universal problem (someone just posted about it in the Torange thread).
    09-29-10 11:33 AM
    There is a Halloween Theme from DLThemes on Mobihand. They seem to have figured it out because that is the only theme so far that I have seen the media tab work as well as everything else.
    09-29-10 04:16 PM
    I take back my original comment. Not everything works. Just tried the browser and can't even get to the internet. Does nothing when you click or tap the icon.
    09-29-10 04:23 PM
    I too had the same problem! Had a great theme and all but deleted it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-10 04:51 PM
    After the first reboot...none of my Media icons would show in "Favorites". They were marked as favorites...but if I clicked on unmark as favorite, they would still be marked. I also noticed that there were generic icons under "All" called like "Music" and "Pictures" etc. that were identical to the Music and Pictures launchers except they had generic icons instead of the proper ones...

Then I did another battery pull and all the Media icons were finally in favorites...but they were gone from the Media tab and the Media folder...

At that point I resorted to disaster recovery - removed the themes I had installed and used a backup to restore only my "theme" settings which fixed all the icons.
    09-29-10 05:15 PM
    I'm not using any of the new ones either. Gave up for now. I'll wait for one that looks really good before trying again.

09-29-10 06:46 PM
    I was wondering if someone could download one of my themes and see if there is a problem with the Media Tab. On the Simulator and my Torch (running .264 on Virgin Mobile Canada) everthing seems to work fine. You can find me themes in this forum here, or at my website FREE 9800 THEMES
    Thanks for the helps everyone.
    10-03-10 08:24 AM
    I was wondering if someone could download one of my themes and see if there is a problem with the Media Tab. On the Simulator and my Torch (running .264 on Virgin Mobile Canada) everthing seems to work fine. You can find me themes in this forum here, or at my website FREE 9800 THEMES
    Thanks for the helps everyone.
    I just tried your WIN7 theme and it seems to be the only theme that I've tried that does NOT have the media "glitch" as it certainly does show the icons in the Media tab.
    Last edited by tellsells; 10-03-10 at 08:55 AM.
    10-03-10 08:52 AM
    I just tried your WIN7 theme and it seems to be the only theme that I've tried that does NOT have the media "glitch" as it certainly does show the icons in the Media tab.
    Thanks for the quick response, glad that the media tab is working for people. As for the battery meter you are the second person to say that, but on my Torch it seems to work fine. I can't wait till they release a bug free version of TB6
    Thanks again!!
    10-03-10 09:00 AM
    Thanks for the quick response, glad that the media tab is working for people. As for the battery meter you are the second person to say that, but on my Torch it seems to work fine. I can't wait till they release a bug free version of TB6
    Thanks again!!
    The battery meter showed charging and after swiching screens it showed properly. I am not sure how it corrected itself but it's fine now.
    Again, you're the only one that's been able to get the Media tab working properly!

10-03-10 09:06 AM
    Have you done a battery pull? On the last theme I tried, my Media tab worked and my media favorites did not - then I pulled the battery and the opposite happen. Media tab empty and media favorites back in place.
    10-03-10 09:23 AM
    Have you done a battery pull? On the last theme I tried, my Media tab worked and my media favorites did not - then I pulled the battery and the opposite happen. Media tab empty and media favorites back in place.
    You have to do a Battery Pull after installing a new theme and after switching to an already installed theme to get the new icons to show properly and to get your favorites tab back. But the Media tab seems only to work properly on this theme and on the default theme.

10-03-10 09:36 AM
    You have to do a Battery Pull after installing a new theme and after switching to an already installed theme to get the new icons to show properly and to get your favorites tab back. But the Media tab seems only to work properly on this theme and on the default theme.
    I know - I meant the second battery pull caused the media tab to empty.

I did a second one because all the media items that were in my favorites tab were gone - and I could not get them back.
    10-03-10 10:04 AM
    Bring on a new version of ThemeBuilder!

10-03-10 10:08 AM
    was having the same problems with a free theme i had gotten in the forums the icons in the media tab were disappearing but where fine in the all screen so im back to the default theme
    10-03-10 05:45 PM
    ya i have same problem too, have an awesome theme that i like but the media icons are missing. I also noticed when i scroll down the wallpaper in the background behind the tab gets messed up. I have azure theme, gonna wait it out on the default till the fix it up.
    11-21-10 01:23 PM
    I bought a beautiful theme, but there was no way that the icons appear on the Media tab. I did not demand my money back because the seller sent me a screenshot of your torch that had the icons on the Media tab
    11-21-10 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD