How do u bring up the today screen?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-11 04:49 PM
    If you're on the original version, the today screen should always be there. If you're on one of the other 3 versions, the today will appear when you highlight a today item (mail/text/calendar...) The mail/texts only appear when new items arrive. The calender will always appear (this is BB programming, can't be changed). The easiest way to test it is to highlight (not select) your calendar app.
    07-30-11 05:07 PM
    The 2 top icons now are perfect and very useful. Nice Job.

But I have the following comments ( after a battery pull):
    1- Both the Dark and light have the same BG color as you can see from the following pics. I have both names in the screen display option.
    2- In the dark BG, you can see that the apps name goes to very bluer, after 1 sec of being sharp. But for the light NG it is perfect.
    3- If the today screen for messages will only appear if I put the messages icon on the home screen and highlight it, why do I need the today screen then ? The idea I guess is to go to messages without wasting an icon place.
    Just a thought .

Light BG

================================================== =
    Dark BG

07-30-11 05:55 PM
    The 2 top icons now are perfect and very useful. Nice Job.

But I have the following comments ( after a battery pull):
    1- Both the Dark and light have the same BG color as you can see from the following pics. I have both names in the screen display option.
    You are correct. I have fixed the BG on DarkBG.

2- In the dark BG, you can see that the apps name goes to very bluer, after 1 sec of being sharp. But for the light NG it is perfect.
    I'm not sure about the blur. The only thing I change between the two is the text color. I made the theme in the light version (my preference), then I simply change the text from (facebook blue) to white and then re-save the theme as DarkBG.

3- If the today screen for messages will only appear if I put the messages icon on the home screen and highlight it, why do I need the today screen then ? The idea I guess is to go to messages without wasting an icon place.
    Just a thought .
    I guess I'm confused by #3. I made a "static" today above which is constant on, so you do not need to use the icons. Then, based on several requests above, I made the today area hidden. Are you asking for a static today version based on my newest updates? If so, which today items are most important, or are the 3 original items the best to use? Or, are you wanting a hidden today on a hidden "layer" that appears with a click of a button? I have not even tried do anything of that nature yet. I'm sure it's possible, it's just not in my skill set yet, so I stick with the built in hidden today feature.

As always, I want to be sure everyone knows, I truly do appreciate any and all feedback provided, it is the only way I know to make a theme better. I even had someone tell me a past was "just plain ugly", and I'm OK with that, if that's how they truly felt
    Last edited by KahneFan; 07-30-11 at 06:22 PM.
    07-30-11 06:16 PM
    Have you tried restarting your phone?
    Your update to the version with the dark background fixed my issue. Thanks.
    07-30-11 07:06 PM
    Could you make the darkbg version with the static today that can be hidden if we wanted it to be? Thanks for a great theme!

KahneFan likes this.
    07-30-11 10:01 PM
    Could you make the darkbg version with the static today that can be hidden if we wanted it to be? Thanks for a great theme!

I have not mastered layers like that yet. At this point I can only do either a static, or a hidden. I will see if I can figure out how to put the today items on a hidden today layer.
    m.seif likes this.
    07-30-11 10:26 PM
    Oh ok I see. Thank you very much for your consideration.

I have not mastered layers like that yet. At this point I can only do either a static, or a hidden. I will see if I can figure out how to put the today items on a hidden today layer.
    07-30-11 11:05 PM
    I would like to thank you very much for your concern of almost every request, this is very nice of you.

What I meant by a hidden today, is similar to "Reflections " or "Greenluck" for example. I guess that is what you say " a hidden today on a hidden layer that appears with a push of a button".
    For my taste, the only thing that I want to have in my today, is messages, but then you will find many others like events. Thank you again for the offer.
    Last edited by m.seif; 07-31-11 at 06:59 AM.
    KahneFan likes this.
    07-31-11 06:44 AM
    The left booton should be "Options"

07-31-11 12:04 PM
    The left and right buttons are custom on the last 3 versions. You can place your option app in the appropriate spot to accomplish this.
    07-31-11 01:00 PM
    KahneFan, 1 small issue, when plugged in the theme doesn't show the phone charging. The battery stays plain solid. But when you open the phone you see it charging with the lighting bolt. Might want to check it out. That's all. This theme is solid and very unique. And loving it.

07-31-11 01:37 PM
    KahneFan, 1 small issue, when plugged in the theme doesn't show the phone charging. The battery stays plain solid. But when you open the phone you see it charging with the lighting bolt. Might want to check it out. That's all. This theme is solid and very unique. And loving it.

Have you tried a reset? I did not mess with the icons at all, just moved them.
    07-31-11 02:35 PM
    Yep. Sure did, I have done it a few times and even reinstalled the OS. It does however show the plug in the battery when the battery is 100.

07-31-11 04:28 PM
    In the top left should be the options icon
    Rc

08-07-11 08:34 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD