Congrats on this theme being featured in it's own frontpage article!
    Vintage by Cocky Culture - Yesterday's swagger on today's BlackBerry! | CrackBerry.com

God I love Crackberry! Where else can you find people so generous that they're still looking for a way to give me a theme
    05-27-11 08:14 AM
    Congrats on this theme being featured in it's own frontpage article!
    Vintage by Cocky Culture - Yesterday's swagger on today's BlackBerry! | CrackBerry.com

God I love Crackberry! Where else can you find people so generous that they're still looking for a way to give me a theme
    Whoa, just saw the convo on this post, Manoman, shoot me you're email in a PM and I'll get you a free download link.
    05-27-11 08:22 AM
    This is a slick theme. I guess a paypal account is required to download anything from these sites huh? I wish I could find this on App world and just get charged directly.
    05-27-11 08:48 AM
    Whoa, just saw the convo on this post, Manoman, shoot me you're email in a PM and I'll get you a free download link.
    Whoa is right! Are you kidding me? Thank you so much, you're far too generous!
    See? This is what I'm talking about, this is why (not the only reason) I LOVE Crackberry! The members have a sense of community and actually ENJOY sharing!
    You're awesome, thank you!
    05-27-11 09:03 AM
    This...theme...is...GORGEOUS!
    So smooth and easy to navigate.
    Thank you so much for sharing it with me, you didn't have to and yet you did.
    Thanks a ton!
    05-27-11 12:00 PM
    So everything worked out well! Awesome

Since I've been using this for a week, I figured I'd come back and give everyone a report now that I've had time with the theme.

Oh, before I begin, I'm possibly the most restless person in the world when it comes to themes. I change them every second if I can. I've stuck with this for a week - that means it's mind-blowing!

Anyway, on to the after-usage review:

- everything I originally said still applies. The theme is fast, functional, attractive and intuitive; my friends have used it and figured out what to do in seconds.

- the trackpad support works remarkably well - you can scroll in every direction. The only thing you can't select with the trackpad is the Manage Connections hotspot at the bottom of the screen. Also, if you scroll too far left, you will unhide the floating clock dock - you can re-hide it with the trackpad, but you can't lose focus of it and move on to another icon without having to tap the screen. Hardly an issue, though - just something I thought I'd bring up for those who are inclined to use trackpads.

- if you're a person who doesn't have OCD about keeping their notifications bar clean, you might get a lot of icon cutoff - anything more than four notifications starts to overflow/disappear into the theme. I've only run into this problem once - I keep that area clean otherwise.

- don't even try using the virtual keyboard on the homescreen. That should be a given, though - it won't be pretty.

- the 'loud' profile icon gets cut-off on the home screen, as does the alarm icon on the left-hand side.

- if your font size is anything under 8 (at least with default fonts), timestamps on the main message overviews will be hidden after the first digit/first two digits.

- the Options and Tasks icons are the same - keep in mind that both have an icon on the home screen, so this is not a horrible thing.

That's pretty much it! Again, the theme is still amazing, and definitely a steal for anything under $5. Do not miss out on this theme!
    05-27-11 01:02 PM
    Thanks for the follow up on your usage! I've been working on updates this week and here is a report in regards to your findings -

- the trackpad support works remarkably well - you can scroll in every direction. The only thing you can't select with the trackpad is the Manage Connections hotspot at the bottom of the screen. Also, if you scroll too far left, you will unhide the floating clock dock - you can re-hide it with the trackpad, but you can't lose focus of it and move on to another icon without having to tap the screen. Hardly an issue, though - just something I thought I'd bring up for those who are inclined to use trackpads.

fixed in upcoming update

- if you're a person who doesn't have OCD about keeping their notifications bar clean, you might get a lot of icon cutoff - anything more than four notifications starts to overflow/disappear into the theme. I've only run into this problem once - I keep that area clean otherwise.

fixed in upcoming update

- don't even try using the virtual keyboard on the homescreen. That should be a given, though - it won't be pretty.

no clue how I could fix this

- the 'loud' profile icon gets cut-off on the home screen, as does the alarm icon on the left-hand side.

fixed in upcoming update

- if your font size is anything under 8 (at least with default fonts), timestamps on the main message overviews will be hidden after the first digit/first two digits.

not sure why this is happening, but I'll see what I can do

- the Options and Tasks icons are the same - keep in mind that both have an icon on the home screen, so this is not a horrible thing.

fixed in upcoming update

Its also much more wallpaper friendly in the update as well.

I was hoping to have it done by now but am having issues adding the landscape mode to the Torch so it may take a bit longer but I'll do my best.
    05-27-11 03:19 PM
    I, for one, think you're doing a fantastic job! The fact that you're updating your product to fix what few flaws it has is pretty awesome.

Oh, and for the virtual keyboard issue - that's out of your hands. It's an RIM glitch that prohibits third-party themes from using the virtual keyboard.

As for the font issue - that might be the result of my OS shrinking leaving me with non-default fonts. I'll put up screenshots when I get home.
    05-27-11 06:04 PM
    I agree! You're doing awesome! Looking forward to the update! Any chance calendar can get squeezed in there on the homescreen somewhere? If not no big deal, but thought I'd ask!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-11 01:02 PM
    I assume the calendar wasn't in there due to the TB 6 beta bug?

05-29-11 04:31 PM
    just bought from App World

Great team

congratz!!!

Can u make custom icons for Twitter and Msn?
    Last edited by JeRdrgz; 05-29-11 at 09:01 PM.
    05-29-11 08:31 PM
    For those of you using Berryweather, I have modified a set of custom weather icons (Simplified w/ Color XL icons originally done by BlastTyrant) so that they perfectly mesh with the "vintage" look of the vintage theme. check it out.

you can get the set here
    05-30-11 10:09 PM
    Great job... A++
    05-30-11 11:05 PM
    How can i install it?

Thanks

05-31-11 06:32 AM
    How can i install it?

Thanks

You have to have a Torch 9800 or other compatible device.
    05-31-11 01:05 PM
    Hi guys, sorry for the late responses.

dfairlite - I'm not planning on putting the calender as a fixed icon on the homescreen just because it won't auto-update unless its the actual icon which would then have to be the standard icon size and look out of place.

Manoman - Yep, this should be corrected by using the latest Theme Studio

JTekt - WOW! Thats awesome!

Im running into some issues with the 9800 update but am hoping to work through them soon
    05-31-11 04:07 PM
    Btw, been running this non stop and loving it!
    Smooth, easy to navigate and the only issues I've found were those brought up by CuddlyCombine earlier.
    A+ theme on the first go-round, thanks again!
    I simply love themes that are over stylized like this one is, I can't get enough of them
    05-31-11 04:33 PM
    I was looking for a new theme and i guess I found the one to use for a while.
    Your theme is awesome, the only thing is the notification bar but you said it will be fixed with the update, so everything is perfect

@Jtekt Thanks for the icon set

06-01-11 01:27 AM
    You have to have a Torch 9800 or other compatible device.
    I bought the theme. I mean where should I put the icon set. Thanks

06-01-11 06:34 AM
    Just download it on your memory card and switch while in BerryWeather :
    Settings>display>icon set
    06-01-11 06:46 AM
    You'll need the full BeWeather to be able to change icon sets though.
    Icon sets are not interchangeable for the free version of BeWeather.

Jerdrgz likes this.
    06-01-11 06:53 AM
    How's the update coming? No rush, just curious.

06-06-11 04:02 PM
    Update is up if you purchased online. (App World will be a few days for approval)

All Devices
    - more Wallpaper Friendly
    - New Home Screen focus for custom icon order
    - Notifications no longer overlapped by buttons
    - Calender should be fixed (needs reboot)
    - LANDSCAPE MODE

Let me know if there are any problems with the profiles focus on the homescreen. It doesn't show up in the simulator but I haven't heard of it as a Theme Studio bug so hopefully its not a problem. If so I'll work up a fix ASAP
    06-07-11 01:38 PM
    Just installed! Looks great! Will report back in a few days with props and gripes

GOOD WORK!!!

06-07-11 02:50 PM
    After reboot I got this.

Update is up if you purchased online. (App World will be a few days for approval)

All Devices
    - more Wallpaper Friendly
    - New Home Screen focus for custom icon order
    - Notifications no longer overlapped by buttons
    - Calender should be fixed (needs reboot)
    - LANDSCAPE MODE

Let me know if there are any problems with the profiles focus on the homescreen. It doesn't show up in the simulator but I haven't heard of it as a Theme Studio bug so hopefully its not a problem. If so I'll work up a fix ASAP
    06-07-11 03:17 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD