Although this is a theme, it is not meant to look like a theme. Instead, it is one man's vision of how RIM SHOULD have created OS6. It's everything you love about the default theme, plus tweaks and enhancements to really bring out the full potential of your device.

Features:

- Highly intuitive, hideable tab-style navigation bar
    - 2 user-defined icons at the top corners
    - 2 pages of 12 icons each, for a total of 24 user-defined apps
    - Up to 10 full-screen Today entries for Calendar, Email, and Text Messages
    - Clickable top banner - left: Options, middle: Clock, right: Manage Connections
    - Spacebar launches QuickLaunch (sold separately), dollar sign launches Text Messages (Torch ONLY)
    - Takes up relatively very little memory, will not slow down your device or drain your battery

YouTube Video Demo

>> Purchase <<

Click HERE to purchase Stock on Steroids

Change Log

v1.0 (Oct 30/2010)
    - initial release

v1.1 (Oct 31/2010)
    - increased the size of the two user-defined icons at the top
    Last edited by VinceThePrince; 10-30-10 at 11:53 PM.
    10-30-10 03:52 AM
    I take it this is touch only? No trackpad support?
    10-30-10 04:23 AM
    I take it this is touch only? No trackpad support?
    Yup, the theme was designed with a graphical user interface in mind to power the navigation, no need for trackpads here.
    10-30-10 04:26 AM
    Yup, the theme was designed with a graphical user interface in mind to power the navigation, no need for trackpads here.
    Need is one thing, desire and functionality are something else entirely.

But still, it looks nice.
    10-30-10 04:36 AM
    Need is one thing, desire and functionality are something else entirely.

But still, it looks nice.
    I agree, functionality is important and is something I always consider in my designs. For example, that is why I've chosen to place the tabs at the bottom of the screen, so they are easily accessible with the thumb even when the keyboard is open
    10-30-10 04:44 AM
    I agree, functionality is important and is something I always consider in my designs. For example, that is why I've chosen to place the tabs at the bottom of the screen, so they are easily accessible with the thumb even when the keyboard is open
    How about all the icons in those tabs? Options? Search? Today items? Profiles? Clock? Connections?

Anyways not trying to give you are a hard time, just saying a theme you have to use two hands to use is not for everyone...
    10-30-10 04:48 AM
    How about all the icons in those tabs? Options? Search? Today items? Profiles? Clock? Connections?

Anyways not trying to give you are a hard time, just saying a theme you have to use two hands to use is not for everyone...
    Please enlighten me as to how multiple thumb flicks from scrolling through rows and columns with the trackpad is faster than simply tapping on the desired icon? Just because the Torch has a trackpad doesn't mean it makes more sense to use in all situations. And two hands to operate a theme? You've got to be kidding me. We're not handling a 4.3-inch Evo 4G here, the Torch has one of the smallest screens around by today's standards at only 3.2 inches. All I'm saying is, trackpad support has its uses, but it would be counter-intuitive in terms of productivity speed to use as themes get more complicated due to excessive scrolling gestures.
    10-30-10 05:03 AM
    Please enlighten me as to how multiple thumb flicks from scrolling through rows and columns with the trackpad is faster than simply tapping on the desired icon? Just because the Torch has a trackpad doesn't mean it makes more sense to use in all situations. And two hands to operate a theme? You've got to be kidding me. We're not handling a 4.3-inch Evo 4G here, the Torch has one of the smallest screens around by today's standards at only 3.2 inches. All I'm saying is, trackpad support has its uses, but it would be counter-intuitive in terms of productivity speed to use as themes get more complicated due to excessive scrolling gestures.
    3.2 inch screen. 5.8 inches open. ...much bigger than the Evo you mentioned.

It is not counter intuitive to have use of all parts of the phone. The Torch has a trackpad and a touchscreen, not allowing use of both is very counter intuitive.

And yes depending on your hand position and what you are doing at the time it will frequently be Much less akward to use this theme with 2 hands rather than one simply because of the lack of trackpad support.

I am not claiming all themes Need trackpad support, I'm, just saying all themes are better if they have the full functionality that RIM intended when they designed the torch.

You said: "Just because the Torch has a trackpad doesn't mean it makes more sense to use in all situations" Yes you are absolutely correct and the exact same thing can be said about the touch screen. Just because the Torch has a touchscreen doesn't mean it makes more sense to use in all situations.
    10-30-10 05:17 AM
    I feel like we can further discuss our opinions via PM. It is unnecessary to keep going back and forth and continue to hijack the thread more so than it already has been.
    10-30-10 05:26 AM
    I feel like we can further discuss our opinions via PM. It is unnecessary to keep going back and forth and continue to hijack the thread more so than it already has been.
    Agreed. I wasn't trying to crap all over your thread. Just asking a question and stating an opinion, but it seems like we have kinda ruined your thread.

You want to delete the thread and repost it? You want to delete our posts?
    10-30-10 05:31 AM
    Nah it's okay, it will make for an interesting read if anything.
    10-30-10 05:36 AM
    Nah it's okay, it will make for an interesting read if anything.
    lol, ok. Sorry.
    10-30-10 05:38 AM
    D mac would have you believe that its better to have a buggy landscape mode then not be able to use the trackpad on your home screen, or use a third party application to lock your home screen to portrait mode.(least this is the way it was explained to me. Either you have trackpad navigation or you have a buggy landscape mode. Limitation in the TB)

Not trying to enrage you here Dmac(you have made a lot of great theme so far, just have to disagree with you on this one). I would have to say by the sheer amount of people viewing threads that have 0 trackpad navigation and no bugs in landscape mode. That the masses seem to disagree with you.
    But as I've said before... To each their own. Everyone likes something different. Its what makes the world go around and why there's so many choices when purchasing something.
    Last edited by homer1475; 10-30-10 at 07:19 AM.
    10-30-10 07:17 AM
    After using this for a bit I love it so far. Just one question if it's at all possible. Change the 3 main icons to user definable(or just the messages one). I personally don't use the messages folder but rather my own email folder, being able to use my own instead of the messages folder( I think you'll find a lot of people don't use it)Would make this perfect. Other then touch and trackpad navigation, although as we all know by now its a limitation in the TB. I prefer touch navigation on the home screen, much more productive to just touch something then to have to move around with the trackpad then click it to open.

I feel a lot of people that have a torch are old BB faithfuls that are so used to using a trackball/trackpad that getting them to change is way tough. I still find a need for the trackpad, and its usefulness is what makes this the best touch device to date.
    Last edited by homer1475; 10-30-10 at 07:28 AM.
    10-30-10 07:26 AM
    Nice looking theme VinceThePrince. Now we're talking.

Are the tabs swipe-able or do you have to use the dock at the bottom to access the different pages?

This is getting much much closer to what I've been wanting in a theme. I do find the blank screen, text and email screens to be sort of space wasters - I don't know why anyone wants a blank screen - though it does seem popular. What's the point? It just forces at least one extra action in order to access icons.

Again, this is a huge step in the right direction. I'd really like to see the bottom dock gone in order to make room for 4 full rows (16 icons) instead of 3 (12 icons).

I don't really see the need for messages/email etc. pages as most people use the combined messages inbox which shows everything all together anyways. I'm still wishing for three pages: Calendar <-> Main 16 icons <-> Extra 16 icons

...similar to an iPhone homescreen except left of your main page is the calendar page.

I can't decide if I'm going to hold out and wait for something closer to what I need or buy this theme ($4)...but I'm guessing the 5 home screens are not swipe-able to move between them which is a big problem. It's so much easier to swipe left/right than to have to select individual icons.

Thanks again for your great themes - this is really the closest I've seen to perfection in my mind's eye! Keep up the good work!
    10-30-10 09:05 AM
    Hey Jeff, this is probably the closest I will get to those specs. Also, swiping simply isn't possible on the BlackBerry with the current development tools. I was able to code a work-around for this but you need to do it on blank home screen space, so it would not be possible with your idea of 16 icons because that would fill up the whole screen.
    10-30-10 11:05 AM
    That's a shame - I sure hope when the Theme Builder comes out of beta it will be a lot more powerful. You'd think you'd be able to do things with themes that already exist on the standard theme such as swiping through icons...I guess I'll have to wait and hope.
    10-30-10 12:23 PM
    D mac would have you believe that its better to have a buggy landscape mode then not be able to use the trackpad on your home screen, or use a third party application to lock your home screen to portrait mode.(least this is the way it was explained to me. Either you have trackpad navigation or you have a buggy landscape mode. Limitation in the TB)

Not trying to enrage you here Dmac(you have made a lot of great theme so far, just have to disagree with you on this one). I would have to say by the sheer amount of people viewing threads that have 0 trackpad navigation and no bugs in landscape mode. That the masses seem to disagree with you.
    But as I've said before... To each their own. Everyone likes something different. Its what makes the world go around and why there's so many choices when purchasing something.
    No no, you missunderstand. What I would rather is a theme that works 100% is RIM intended it.

For me personally I use my phone, while on the homescreen, only in portrait mode. So I never see any lansdscape issues.

But let's look at the big picture: when TB comes out of beta what when? Themes with the landscape issue will then work 100% perfectly. Themes with the trackpad issue will Still have the trackpad issue.

So it is a choice between a temporary issue that many people won't even notice or a permanent issue that everyone will notice that effects the usability of the theme.

If you think most people would prefer the permanent issue then I have to tell you "the masses disagree with you".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-10 01:20 PM
    Great theme. I was wondering, can you make the 2 icons at the top bigger? Reason being, I use one of theme for my weather app and it is kinda small and hard to see. Thanks.
    10-30-10 08:46 PM
    Great theme. I was wondering, can you make the 2 icons at the top bigger? Reason being, I use one of theme for my weather app and it is kinda small and hard to see. Thanks.
    A reasonable request

Change has been made and update has been pushed. Please update the theme to version 1.1, thanks!
    10-30-10 11:48 PM
    A reasonable request

Change has been made and update has been pushed. Please update the theme to version 1.1, thanks!
    Thank you for the great work.
    10-31-10 05:43 AM
    No no, you missunderstand. What I would rather is a theme that works 100% is RIM intended it.

For me personally I use my phone, while on the homescreen, only in portrait mode. So I never see any lansdscape issues.

But let's look at the big picture: when TB comes out of beta what when? Themes with the landscape issue will then work 100% perfectly. Themes with the trackpad issue will Still have the trackpad issue.

So it is a choice between a temporary issue that many people won't even notice or a permanent issue that everyone will notice that effects the usability of the theme.

If you think most people would prefer the permanent issue then I have to tell you "the masses disagree with you".

I don't think anyone wants a permanent fix to a temporary problem. IE. a workable landscape mode instead of trackpad navigation. Unfortunately i know its a limitation in the TB right now and would hope RIM will fix this in the final release of TB. I would think that most people would prefer a workable landscape mode as opposed to having trackpad navigation.
    I'm not a themer and dont take request daily for themes, but just from reading these theme threads I do notice a lot of people want trackpad navigation but if it comes at a cost of a totally screwed landscape mode.. They would prefer a workable landscape mode.
    10-31-10 07:38 AM
    I don't think anyone wants a permanent fix to a temporary problem. IE. a workable landscape mode instead of trackpad navigation. Unfortunately i know its a limitation in the TB right now and would hope RIM will fix this in the final release of TB. I would think that most people would prefer a workable landscape mode as opposed to having trackpad navigation.
    I'm not a themer and dont take request daily for themes, but just from reading these theme threads I do notice a lot of people want trackpad navigation but if it comes at a cost of a totally screwed landscape mode.. They would prefer a workable landscape mode.
    Not really sure what you are saying, especially that first sentence, but I think I got the gist of it...

You seem to think people want landscape mode at all. I'm not talking about whether it effects navigation or anything, just whether people want it At All.

And I think you would be surprised how many people would prefer Not to have landscape mode on the homescreen.

There is a reason there are so many programs to lock out landscape mode (ei, QuickLaunch, Lock Tilt, Six Tools, etc). And if you look at the Storm themes most are portrait only. Once TB properly allows it that is the way most Torch themes will be as well.

Also there is a reason almost all other manufacturers disable landscape homescreen (ie, iPhone, Android, WebOS, WM, Windows Phone 7, etc).

The Only reason most themes right now are being made with landscape mode at all is because TB Beta forces it. Once TB comes out of beta say goodbye to landscape mode for most themes. (goodbye, and good riddance).
    10-31-10 02:36 PM
    Mr. Vince,

Very nice looking theme - I intend to purchase, but willl wait until after my company migrates to BES in the next couple of days in case this changes anything related to themes.

I have a question: is this theme wallpaper friendly?

Thanks,

DonH
    11-21-10 01:13 PM
    Just bought this theme, and I have to say I am Super disappointed. This is the first theme I've ever bought, probably the last too. All the transiitions (I.e. Clearing the screen and bringing up the icons with the plus sign) are horribly choppy. I tried a reboot and no change.

11-24-10 03:49 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD