Rubus - Scientific Name For BlackBerry

With the operating system BlackBerry 6 now available for more devices besides the Torch came new themes for those devices running BlackBerry 6. With the new OS came new and welcome features. One of them being Universal Search. With Rubus you can easily open universal search by simply clicking the search icon on the top right corner just as you would with the default BlackBerry 6 theme. Not many, if any at all, themes have this function on the homescreen. Another innovative design in Rubus is the addition of "widgets" where you can add and remove the calendar, weather slot, and icons on the homescreen. Rubus feels more like an extension of the default theme and very much appealing to the eye.

• Customizable icons on homescreen - (5 for keyboard devices, 8 for touchscreen devices
    • Weather widget 1st position in the applications screen - (you need to download a free or paid weather application in order for the weather to appear on the homescreen)
    • Widgets Options Page - click the options icon on the bottom left banner
    • Universal search on homescreen - (only for devices running BlackBerry 6)
    • Wallpaper friendly
    • No carrier
    • Transitions throughout

Updates in version 1.5:

Homescreen landscape mode now available
    Widgets not available in landscape mode

Trackpad on the homescreen has been disabled because of a conflict in the Widgets page. I chose touchscreen functionality because the Torch is primarily a touchscreen device.

Grab Rubus at the Crackberry store HERE
    Last edited by Pootermobile; 08-23-11 at 06:51 PM.
    02-04-11 11:20 AM
    Hey bro, awesome theme! I just purchased Rubus today and have been using it simce this morning!

Very clean and crisp! I don't even know how to describe it but this theme is perfect in the sense that I've yet to find even the tiniest flaw/bug!

Great job on the theme man

To everyone else, you want a legit theme that's functional yet simple, Rubus is where it's at!

Here are some screen shot's of it on my device. And I'm still using the original wallpaper because I like it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-11 05:43 PM
    Hey bro, awesome theme! I just purchased Rubus today and have been using it simce this morning!

Very clean and crisp! I don't even know how to describe it but this theme is perfect in the sense that I've yet to find even the tiniest flaw/bug!

Great job on the theme man

To everyone else, you want a legit theme that's functional yet simple, Rubus is where it's at!

Here are some screen shot's of it on my device. And I'm still using the original wallpaper because I like it!

Wow man thanks! thanks for the comment and pics! I'm glad you are enjoyng the theme. That's just what I want, for people to love their BlackBerry even more

02-08-11 12:44 PM
    Loving this theme! Very simple,crisp,does everything I want! Is there any chance you could post the wallpaper you use or point me to where it is? I use berryweather and a couple of others that require me to choose the wallpaper and I want to use this one! Thanks and keep up the great work!
    02-15-11 07:42 AM
    Hi, I just got this theme and love it, but have a question. my trackpad does not work on this theme and wondering if it is due to me running .45 leaked OS6? My trackpad works when I have all icons displaying but when displaying the 8 icons through the theme, I am unable to use the trackpad. Of course because of the touchscreen, I am able to select any of the icons without a problem. Anyways thanks in advance and keep up the great work.
    02-25-11 11:44 PM
    Theme looks really awesome! I think this may be on my list to buy when I can.
    Pootermobile likes this.
    02-26-11 12:01 AM
    Hi, I just got this theme and love it, but have a question. my trackpad does not work on this theme and wondering if it is due to me running .45 leaked OS6? My trackpad works when I have all icons displaying but when displaying the 8 icons through the theme, I am unable to use the trackpad. Of course because of the touchscreen, I am able to select any of the icons without a problem. Anyways thanks in advance and keep up the great work.

Thanks for grabbing the theme I disabled the use of the trackpad on the homescreen because of a problem with the widgets page. I explained that in the original post and at the CB store also. So it has nothing to do with a leaked OS or anything like that.

02-28-11 12:53 AM
    Thanks, yes I read it after the fact. Works awesome, got use to it and is what i will be using for a long time hopefully.

Thanks for grabbing the theme I disabled the use of the trackpad on the homescreen because of a problem with the widgets page. I explained that in the original post and at the CB store also. So it has nothing to do with a leaked OS or anything like that.

02-28-11 01:10 AM
    Loving this theme! Very simple,crisp,does everything I want! Is there any chance you could post the wallpaper you use or point me to where it is? I use berryweather and a couple of others that require me to choose the wallpaper and I want to use this one! Thanks and keep up the great work!
    Hey thanks glad you love the theme! Sorry for getting back to you this late but I have provided the wallpaper and others I've used in my themes at my website. http://theworldofpootermobile.com/wallpapers the wallpaper is in the "Theme Wallpapers" section.

02-28-11 01:17 PM
    Theme has been updated! Check original post for details.
    08-23-11 06:52 PM
    Super nice looking theme, I love it on my Torch. Go get it!
    Pootermobile likes this.
    08-23-11 07:44 PM
    Super nice looking theme, I love it on my Torch. Go get it!
    Thanks! I like rockin it on my Torch too thanks for the support!
    08-30-11 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD