If iOS 4 and BlackBerry 6 had a baby... you'd get OS 10. This theme maintains the look of BlackBerry 6 while accurately replicating iOS 4 home screen functionality, complete with iOS folders and a replica "multi-tasking" UI that doubles as a Today screen.

- FAST!
    - 4 user-defined bottom dock icons, 7 user-defined homescreen icons, and 8 additional user-defined icons within the iOS folder. A total of 19 icons!
    - Keyboard shortcuts: spacebar to open QuickLaunch (sold separately) and dollar sign ($) to open Text Messages
    - Triple-screen, including a screen for full wallpaper view

- I recommend you watch it!

DOWNLOAD NOW *On sale for 40% off until the end of October*

Known Bugs

- Glitchy graphics when going landscape. All Torch themes suffer from this bug, it will be alleviated once RIM updates their Theme Builder suite

FAQs

- None yet

Updates

v1.0 - Oct 16/2010
    - Initial release

v1.1 - Oct 20/2010
    - Added date to the top banner
    Last edited by VinceThePrince; 10-20-10 at 01:12 PM.
    10-16-10 04:06 AM
    wow looks great. Going to get it now.
    10-16-10 04:11 AM
    wow looks great. Going to get it now.
    Thanks, let me know what you think =)
    10-16-10 04:16 AM
    Hi Vince - thanks for the great work on themes - I too hope they update the Theme Builder so themes like yours can be even more solid.

I have a few suggestions/complaints with this one:

1) Clock is TINY on today screen.

2) Looks like you have to go to the today view in order to see notifications? I think you should be able to see those from the home screen.

3) I can't really tell -even with the video- how you get to the today screen? I was kind of hoping you could swipe left or right to get to it. I know you design with "touch" in mind but swiping for universal search wouldn't be something I'd use because I just open the keyboard and start typing. Also, swiping to get to a blank homescreen seems kind of silly though I suppose you could keep it there and swipe left to get your icons.

Thanks again and I hope my constructive criticism helps.
    10-16-10 08:07 AM
    Just picked this up and its awesome. I can't wait for theme builder to be updated so landscape mode can be configured correctly. That's the only gripe I have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-10 01:38 PM
    Looks great but would like a bigger clock and the date in the top banner.

10-16-10 04:04 PM
    Looks great but would like a bigger clock and the date in the top banner.
    Yeah I just realized no date. That's a deal breaker for me for sure.
    10-16-10 04:10 PM
    Hey I bought the theme and I got a bug ... I did a battery pull and all my icons rearranged in an strange way... And also an extra music,video,pics icon appeared...
    10-16-10 08:36 PM
    Love this theme.
    I wish I could see the notification icons though
    I use batteryex and I can't see my skins

10-16-10 09:22 PM
    Hey guys, I guess I was so focused on mimicing iOS 4 that I lost sight of usability. I'll see what I can do.
    10-17-10 08:48 AM
    Hey guys, I guess I was so focused on mimicing iOS 4 that I lost sight of usability. I'll see what I can do.
    Thanks!

This is a beta theme builder - and themes for the 9800 are pretty much all betas too - so naturally it will take some time to learn what can be done, how it should be done, and the best way to display everything in an efficient AND aesthetically pleasing manner.

The best thing any theme builder can do is make their best effort and then listen to the feedback of users to keep improving until you've made something everyone loves.

I'm glad you're willing to keep learning and experimenting with us!
    10-17-10 09:45 AM
    Thanks!

This is a beta theme builder - and themes for the 9800 are pretty much all betas too - so naturally it will take some time to learn what can be done, how it should be done, and the best way to display everything in an efficient AND aesthetically pleasing manner.

The best thing any theme builder can do is make their best effort and then listen to the feedback of users to keep improving until you've made something everyone loves.

I'm glad you're willing to keep learning and experimenting with us!
    Well I haven't forgotten that themes are made for YOU guys, so I always take feedback into consideration if I feel it benefits the majority of users =)
    10-17-10 11:21 PM
    im lovin the look of this theme u guys r going to make me broke buying thiese themes but it worth it

10-18-10 07:50 AM
    im lovin the look of this theme u guys r going to make me broke buying thiese themes but it worth it

Haha thanks, I understand this is the case for many so I try not to price my themes too expensive!
    10-19-10 12:08 AM
    Are you planning to update this theme with some of our suggestions included? Thanks again.
    10-20-10 12:28 PM
    Are you planning to update this theme with some of our suggestions included? Thanks again.
    Yup, just had a chance away from midterm exams to update some themes. I just finished updating Stock Plus, I have the theme file open for OS 10 right now. Hold on a second
    10-20-10 12:37 PM
    All right, best I can do with the notification bar is to add the date. Notification icons themselves will have to stay in the Today dock, simply because the entire code will have to be re-worked to accommodate another line at the top. And that's almost 1000 lines of code, I kid you not.
    10-20-10 12:54 PM
    Thanks for looking into it - I'm sorry it's such a difficult task to fix. Unfortunately, having my notifications on the home screen whenever I turn on the phone is essential from an efficiency and functionality standpoint so there's no way I can purchase this theme with that problem.

It's a shame since this was the closest thing I've seen to my needs with a theme.

Thanks for your hard work and I hope one of your future themes works for me.
    10-20-10 09:08 PM
    I'm sure I can come up with something down the road that will suit your needs. Appreciate your interest in this project =D
    10-22-10 10:44 PM
    kool theme, just a little suggestion ,

could you move the "pop-up today" to the blank screen which is the one on the right with wallpaper? so it's gonna be like a screen just for today n notifications.

will definitely buy off if this could be done.
    10-27-10 07:30 AM
    I'm sure I can come up with something down the road that will suit your needs. Appreciate your interest in this project =D
    It was this OS10 theme that gave me the idea for my requested theme:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f220/re...-icons-542448/

D Mac from The Theme Zone has already commented that it would be very difficult to make - I'd love to hear your thoughts on it as you've already created something quite similar.
    10-27-10 08:53 AM
    It was this OS10 theme that gave me the idea for my requested theme:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f220/re...-icons-542448/

D Mac from The Theme Zone has already commented that it would be very difficult to make - I'd love to hear your thoughts on it as you've already created something quite similar.
    Lol yeah I had a look at that yesterday, actually. It would be pretty do-able, I might pursue it
    10-27-10 10:25 AM
    Lol yeah I had a look at that yesterday, actually. It would be pretty do-able, I might pursue it
    That's great to hear - I'd be glad to donate or pay whatever for it! Thanks for taking it into consideration.
    10-27-10 10:54 AM
    That's great to hear - I'd be glad to donate or pay whatever for it! Thanks for taking it into consideration.
    No problem. I've already started on something like this. It won't be exactly as what you were asking for but I'm throwing in elements so that it would appeal to the masses. Hopefully you'll give it a shot =P
    10-29-10 09:24 AM
    Hi Vince,

Great theme, Just purchased but noticed a few things,

1 Theme is a bit sluggish/laggy in between swipes, showing today area.
    2. Notifiation is not on home screen.

Do you think we could get a update regarding these issues? Loving this theme otherwise!

Regards,
    12-04-10 07:57 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD