08-11-11 10:36 AM
152 ... 23456 ...
tools
    What feature enhancements will be in the torch update??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-11 09:15 PM
    The version 1.2 update for the 9800 Torch has been uploaded to Mobihand. If you do not receive the upgrade notification email, please log into your Mobihand account page to download it.

Updates in this release:

- Theme customization menus now have checkmarks to show selections.
    - Focus color on the homepage and within the configuration menus is now configurable from a choice of nine colors.
    - User customizable fonts now work correctly on OS6.
    - Focus bars in BlackBerry applications and menu are now dark blue as the gray was reported as hard to see.
    - Island underlay color tint now works properly.

The next upcoming v1.3 release will include the following:

- Icons will be individually moveable and configurable.
    - OCD's will have a choice of icons / text / icons AND text.
    06-29-11 09:16 PM
    What feature enhancements will be in the torch update??

Looks like my previous post was perfect timing!
    06-29-11 09:17 PM
    Great update. The best Torch theme just got better. Thank you.

(And resetting all of the icons/widgets/underlays has gotten a lot easier and faster, as I get used to this theme.)

Last edited by tellsells; 06-29-11 at 11:17 PM.
    jules966 likes this.
    06-29-11 10:37 PM

Love it!!!!!!!!!

eliirodz likes this.
    06-29-11 10:48 PM
    I wanted to make everyone aware that an issue has come to light with the torch version of the Morph v1.2 update which can cause the BlackBerry to freeze if the trackpad is used to navigate on either the focus or clock settings screens. The cause of this problem has been isolated and a v1.2.1 release will be available in the morning to address the issue.

For the moment, the freezing issue can be avoided by using the touchscreen to navigate on the focus and clock settings screens until the update is available.

Russ.

06-30-11 12:12 AM
    06-30-11 10:28 AM
    I have just uploaded version 1.2.1 for the Torch to mobihand, this is an emergency bug fix release that fixes the issue with using the trackpad to navigate on the clock and focus menu's causing the Torch to freeze requiring a battery pull.

The fix has been implemented by removing the custom focus navigation model for the trackpad from the theme and allowing the BlackBerry to build its own. The consequence of this is that the navigation with trackpad is not quite as fluid as it was before, for example, instead of being able to scroll directly down on the widgets screen it will now navigate across each row on its way down the display.

I will implement a better fix for this issue when one can be found.

If you do not receive the upgrade notification email, please login to your mobihand account page to download the update.

Russ.
    jules966 likes this.
    06-30-11 11:29 AM
    So many different ways of customizing it!! I absolutely love this theme. Today, my battery drained so fast because of how many times I've changed my homescreen.

russnash likes this.
    06-30-11 07:30 PM
    Loving this theme !

jules966 likes this.
    06-30-11 09:44 PM
    I'm Lovin it! I'm especially enjoying the update since it made it a lot easier to customize, and I'm really looking forward to the next release.

morph1 by GDLISTNS30, on Flickr
    07-01-11 03:44 AM
    Is there anyway to make a dedicated weather slot ?

07-05-11 02:06 PM
    Is there anyway to make a dedicated weather slot ?

Dedicated weather slot? You can move the 2 OCD Icons to wherever you want, put your weather in slot 1 and move it to the desired location. If he implemented an icon that was unmovable, I would hate this theme.
    jules966 likes this.
    07-05-11 03:53 PM
    OMGoodness!! I am soooo spoiled w/ this theme that I can't even use any of my other themes! This is so advanced w/ the customization features. I can't wait to see what you come up w/ next!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this theme!!!!!
    Thank you!!
    Technerd.McLeod and russnash like this.
    07-06-11 12:24 PM
    When will 1.3 be out for the torch?

07-08-11 03:20 PM
    When will 1.3 be out for the torch?

I'm still working on 1.3 but am hoping to be able to release it in about a week.
    jules966 likes this.
    07-08-11 06:12 PM
    Thanks for the reply russnash, much appreciated!! Keep up all the great work. If there is a way to add a hidden today and an app screen hotspot, I just might loose my mind over that one!!

07-08-11 10:07 PM
    after all the morphing its a shame you cant save settings, needs to have a save command and this would be the ultimate.
    I also just verified with the author that the settings are also lost when doing a sync or backup with BlackBerry Desktop Software. I was very sad to hear this. I sync my BB with my laptop several times a day.
    07-12-11 12:59 PM
    With this theme allowing so much customization I would consider the config file to be a necessity. That would make the theme a total winner IMO.
    jules966 likes this.
    07-12-11 01:17 PM
    I also just verified with the author that the settings are also lost when doing a sync or backup with BlackBerry Desktop Software. I was very sad to hear this. I sync my BB with my laptop several times a day.
    I backup and sync everyday and have never lost settings.
    07-12-11 01:26 PM

07-12-11 02:13 PM
    You are incorrect about losing settings when syncing your device. I just synced my phone to my computer and I definitely DID NOT lose any theme settings.
    The only time you lose the settings is when you re-boot your phone. That's a small price to pay for this theme, as it only takes an extra 3-4 minutes to re-set everything up (and the only time I re-boot my phone is when I have an app that gets updated, which is not too often).
    07-12-11 02:55 PM
    I backup and sync everyday and have never lost settings.
    You are incorrect about losing settings when syncing your device. I just synced my phone to my computer and I definitely DID NOT lose any theme settings.
    The only time you lose the settings is when you re-boot your phone. That's a small price to pay for this theme, as it only takes an extra 3-4 minutes to re-set everything up (and the only time I re-boot my phone is when I have an app that gets updated, which is not too often).
    I'm wondering if this is perhaps an OS bug related issue?
    07-12-11 02:58 PM
    I guess that is possible Russ. I assumed from our email exchanges you verified it with OS 6.0.0.431 and you said it was expected behaviour of Morph when syncing due to the theme being reset.
    07-12-11 04:56 PM
    I am very curiously wondering, when will 1.3 be released? I'm using CustomBerry until this theme is updated because I love the update log for 1.3 and don't want to use this theme again until it updates.

07-12-11 06:10 PM
152 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD