Love love LOVE the update!!!thank you soo much for a great theme!! I've just one quick question. What's with the question mark at the tope of the screen?? Sometimes its there, and then its gone? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Tap the top of the screen. the ? is there to indicate that it's clickable for homescreen options and calender and messages today screen.
    02-15-11 05:23 AM
    Awesome update but I would really like to see you fix the notifications tab. Its seems like it needs to be expanded a little more to allow all the icons to show fully. If you could correct this some how it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for a great update.
    02-15-11 10:03 AM
    And is there not a hotspot for managing connections or am I just missing something?
    02-15-11 10:09 AM
    also, i keep getting an email summary on my home screen ever since I switched to this theme. How do I turn it off, get over a 100 emails a day and its getting to be annoying ?
    02-15-11 01:26 PM
    also, i keep getting an email summary on my home screen ever since I switched to this theme. How do I turn it off, get over a 100 emails a day and its getting to be annoying ?
    Nevermind.. found the culprit.. its the Leave it on app, disabled alerts for email and its back to normal
    02-15-11 02:40 PM
    All I gotta say is, AWESOME job on the update for this theme!

I've been using this theme on and off since it's initial release and I think I'll be definitely using it some more now because instead of 2 themes in 1, it's now 4 themes in 1! I love the screen transitions when you switch UI skins and the new drop down today screen is sick!

My only question is this, when in landscape mode, where are the first 3 icons? It shows app icon slots 4-9, but no app icon slots 1-3. Honestly, i'm not complaining. I just didn't know if you realized it did that or not.

Anyway, sick theme man! I look forward to more of your work!

02-15-11 05:25 PM
    Hey, I just purchased the old version of this theme a few days ago. Is there a way to upgrade to the new one or do I have to pay for it again??

Thanks!

JoeB
    02-15-11 05:37 PM
    Hey, I just purchased the old version of this theme a few days ago. Is there a way to upgrade to the new one or do I have to pay for it again??

Thanks!

JoeB
    If you purchased the theme from the MobiHand Superstore than you should have received an email letting you know there is an update for this product. I received the email last night I believe. You may wanna check your Spam folder in whatever email you used to register with MobiHand.

I didn't have to pay an upgrade fee so I would assume you won't have to either.

02-15-11 05:42 PM
    Cool, I just got it, thanks!

JoeB
    02-15-11 06:29 PM
    Thanks for the great feedback everyone, we really wanted to bring an update that was worth the long wait. So I'm glad to see it's so well-received. To answer some questions...

@Gdlistns30: the notifications had to be shrunk slightly to fit the bluetooth and GPS indicators. Also, there is no hotspot for managing connections considering it would be difficult to discern a click between the notification bar and the signal bar.

@batrad: glad to see you figured it out.

@Jleeblanch: this is intentional, so that it stays consistent with what the first app is on your dock in portrait mode, so landscape mode starts with that app. And thanks for helping MaxPower022 with his question
    02-15-11 08:43 PM
    I help out a fellow user if I can

And thank you for the long awaited update! DEFINITELY worth the wait!

In my opinion, this update was so good that I almost felt like I was stealing the theme

02-15-11 09:12 PM

In my opinion, this update was so good that I almost felt like I was stealing the theme

LOL, it's funny cause my partner saw how much work and attention to detail I put into the update, she joked around about how I could probably charge an upgrade fee. Then I told her I owed these people an update for like 2 months and that they would pull out the torches and pitch forks if I ever dared to do that hahaha...
    02-15-11 09:18 PM
    LOL, it's funny cause my partner saw how much work and attention to detail I put into the update, she joked around about how I could probably charge an upgrade fee. Then I told her I owed these people an update for like 2 months and that they would pull out the torches and pitch forks if I ever dared to do that hahaha...
    LMAO...I dunno about torches & pitch forks, but maybe some wod take it that seriously haha.

One thing about life I've learned is this, you're never going to make everyone happy. There is always going to be that group of people who have to go against the grain...always!

Personally, if you had charged for the update, I would immediately assumed you must have really put some time and effort into the theme update and I would've just looked into it to see the advancements. I've made some free themes for older devices and spent some time using TB, Composer and GIMP and I understand the amount of time that can go into developing/creating an awesome theme...so personally, I don't hate, I appreciate

But of course, it's garuanteed that others will not feel the same. I would assume tho a lot of people would see it from my perspective and would still appreciate and repsect an upgrade fee if there was one. I think that's why you're getting such a welcomed response that it's not because you really did do an awesome job on this recent update!

Bottom line is, made props to the time and effort put into this and i/we, appreciate it man

02-15-11 10:09 PM
    I have to say, I apologize. This was well worth the wait! Thank you sooo much! I love this, and have been using all day

02-15-11 10:54 PM
    I have to say, I apologize. This was well worth the wait! Thank you sooo much! I love this, and have been using all day

Apology not accepted, considering you don't have to. I'm the one that took forever to update it! But good to know the theme is well enjoyed =)
    02-15-11 11:09 PM
    LMAO...I dunno about torches & pitch forks, but maybe some wod take it that seriously haha.

One thing about life I've learned is this, you're never going to make everyone happy. There is always going to be that group of people who have to go against the grain...always!

Personally, if you had charged for the update, I would immediately assumed you must have really put some time and effort into the theme update and I would've just looked into it to see the advancements. I've made some free themes for older devices and spent some time using TB, Composer and GIMP and I understand the amount of time that can go into developing/creating an awesome theme...so personally, I don't hate, I appreciate

But of course, it's garuanteed that others will not feel the same. I would assume tho a lot of people would see it from my perspective and would still appreciate and repsect an upgrade fee if there was one. I think that's why you're getting such a welcomed response that it's not because you really did do an awesome job on this recent update!

Bottom line is, made props to the time and effort put into this and i/we, appreciate it man

Dude believe me, I'm a premium theme developer, no one understands "can't please everyone" better than we do hahah!
    02-15-11 11:17 PM

I think that's why you're getting such a welcomed response that it's not because you really did do an awesome job on this recent update!

Amazing theme. Love it
    I think it's amazing. I love being able to set 8 icons on my homescreen. I love the huge customization given by the 4 different themes. The customization at the top - perfect! If there was a flaw, and there isn't it would be the fact that when I get my today calendar on the top drop down and leave it it defaults back to messages. But this is insignificant. Brilliant theme - worth the wait
    Love love LOVE the update!!!thank you soo much for a great theme!! I've just one quick question. What's with the question mark at the tope of the screen?? Sometimes its there, and then its gone? Thanks!

All I gotta say is, AWESOME job on the update for this theme!

I've been using this theme on and off since it's initial release and I think I'll be definitely using it some more now because instead of 2 themes in 1, it's now 4 themes in 1! I love the screen transitions when you switch UI skins and the new drop down today screen is sick!

My only question is this, when in landscape mode, where are the first 3 icons? It shows app icon slots 4-9, but no app icon slots 1-3. Honestly, i'm not complaining. I just didn't know if you realized it did that or not.

Anyway, sick theme man! I look forward to more of your work!
    I agree with everyone here, and All this is almost exactly what I told you they would say and think of it. :P Thanks so much for a chance to test it, and the finished product is a masterpiece. As for the 2nd last bolded part, that might have been my bad unless you had someone else test at all. I never use landscape mode so I forget to see if anything was wrong with it.
    02-16-11 07:29 AM
    Apology not accepted, considering you don't have to. I'm the one that took forever to update it! But good to know the theme is well enjoyed =)
    Good buddy, I hope everyone understands that everybody goes through hard times, I know I have! Times where u have NO intrest in anything, and its hard to just get outta bed, but, when that switch finally turns back on, most of us come back bigger and even better, which it surely appears u have done!

Congrats on turning evrything around, and we are glad to see u themin hard and better than ever!!
    02-16-11 09:26 AM
    Any chance of getting the trackball activated? Think that would make this perfect!
    02-16-11 12:50 PM
    Any chance of getting the trackball activated? Think that would make this perfect!
    It's not impossible, but it won't be practical to do it. This theme is touch optimized, so if I did trackball navigation, I would have to change how certain things worked to treat it like a keyboard device. Such as, instead of being able to click the same spot 3 times to toggle "1 row, 2 rows, or zero rows" option, you would have to click that open, a popup would come up with the 3 options, and then you would have to select one of the 3. This is how it works on keyboard devices, but I figure it's better to take advantage of the touchscreen and be able to click the same spot to toggle something on/off.
    dayoungdc likes this.
    02-16-11 03:44 PM
    First off, I have to say this is an amazing job on a theme. I've had it on my BB for two days now and really like it. That in its self is rare.
    Couple of things to criticize, only constructive stuff :

1. When I'm on wifi, I get a ? on the top bar, not sure what that is all about.
    2. I'm not crazy about the landscape part of the theme, seems a little lacking. I would almost prefer just the application screen.
    3. I would like some access to Manage Connections on the home screen
    4. I think that's it, I'm having a really hard time finding anything else wrong with this thing
    02-16-11 05:07 PM
    First off, I have to say this is an amazing job on a theme. I've had it on my BB for two days now and really like it. That in its self is rare.
    Couple of things to criticize, only constructive stuff :

1. When I'm on wifi, I get a ? on the top bar, not sure what that is all about.
    2. I'm not crazy about the landscape part of the theme, seems a little lacking. I would almost prefer just the application screen.
    3. I would like some access to Manage Connections on the home screen
    4. I think that's it, I'm having a really hard time finding anything else wrong with this thing
    Thanks, I've been getting nothing but compliments on the update, and you've added to it =)

1. No idea why it does that, I'm gonna have to take a look at the code TB exports.
    2. It has to be a minimal because I didn't want to risk slowing the theme down by adding, let's say, another 4 sets of images for a whole UI. It was risky enough adding the Today on the landscape too.
    3. How do you suggest I implement that? It's a good suggestion =)
    4. Thanks again, I really wanted this one to stand out as one of the best Torch themes ever!
    02-16-11 05:16 PM
    I love the theme but had a question:

As the previous poster says, the landscape look is truly cheap and cack compared to it's upright look - please can that this be changed or as suggested made to default (landscape mode) to the standard BB appication screen?

This is the only thing that is stopping your theme from reaching a parfait 10.

Cheers!
    Last edited by The_Zizzler; 02-18-11 at 05:49 AM.
    02-18-11 05:42 AM
    just one minor annoyance, the default walpaper always comes back after every reboot
    02-19-11 01:09 PM
    @ Zizzler - I already explained about the landscape home screen.
    @ batrad - You're right, a minor annoyance =P
    Dim-Ize likes this.
    02-19-11 01:10 PM
198 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD