[ HTC Desire HD ] - by The Theme Box

[ Description ]

Introducing HTC Desire HD, a beautiful representation of the famed SenseUI experience, right on your BlackBerry.

What makes Desire HD so special is the way you can dynamically change the look of your homescreen within the theme itself. Choose between the original Sense, Slate, Metal, and Wood themes; all four are all included in ONE theme, making Desire HD a great value!

- Fully-skinned UI and icons
    - Fluid animations
    - Ridiculously tiny file size (at just over 1mb)
    - Landscape homescreen enabled (Torch 9800 and Storm)
    - Large HTC-like clock widget (left side launches Clock, right side launches Profiles)
    - 4 pre-installed themes
    - Top notification bar drops down to reveal Today Screen
    - Use the preset theme wallpaper or use your own
    - Many other built-in options to customize the theme to your liking
    - Keyboard shortcuts: Spacebar launches QuickLaunch (sold separately) and Dollar Sign launches SMS

[ Compatibility ]

OS 6 - Torch 9800, Bold 9780/9700/9650
    OS 5 - Bold 9700/9650, Tour 9630, Curve 8900
    OS 4.7 - Tour 9630, Curve 8900

[ Purchase ]

Purchase from: CrackBerry

[ Updates ]

2.2 - April 7, 2011

- HUGE theme overhaul / re-code!
    - Combined all 4 skins into 1 theme (previously 2 in 1)
    - Drastically increased theme performance, while substantially decreasing file size
    - Fixed all documented bugs
    - Added landscape support (for touch-enabled devices)
    - Bottom-left arrow is now user-defined
    - Left half of clock widget now launches Clock, right side launches Profiles
    - Top notification bar now click-able, slides down to access Today Screen and houses toggles for various Theme Options
    - Skinned previously untouched elements

2.2.1 - April 10, 2011

OS 6 bug fixes:
    - fixed top bar issue when upon click, cursor disappears (instead there is one extra scrollable invisible space to the right of your Weather slot, but it's a worthy compromise)
    - fixed cut off notification icon
    - decreased font size in message list

OS 5 / 4.7 bug fixes:
    - fixed call screen font issues

OS 5 / 4.7 and OS 6:
    - slightly increased Today fonts for Messages and Calendar in drop-down list

2.3 - April 18, 2011

- Updated all wallpapers to the new Sense 3.0 wallpapers!
    - Back button now dismisses Skin Chooser Screen

OS 6 Keyboard Devices:
    - Slightly increased message list, menu, and button fonts

OS 6 Touch Devices:
    - Removed random Question Mark that appears when turning on WiFi
    Last edited by TheThemeBox; 04-18-11 at 07:11 PM.
    11-10-10 09:20 PM
    I love the snappyness of it and the look. It looks great. My only gripes are I can't change the wallpaper and when I turn it into landscape it goers to the droid wallpaper and that's it. Nothing else is on screen. What's up with that?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

11-10-10 09:33 PM
    I love the snappyness of it and the look. It looks great. My only gripes are I can't change the wallpaper and when I turn it into landscape it goers to the droid wallpaper and that's it. Nothing else is on screen. What's up with that?

You can change the wallpaper, you can turn off the panoramic feature via the Options on the left-most screen. As for landscape, it's only enabled because of a bug in Theme Builder that messes up the screen if you don't enable landscape. Once RIM fixes it, there will be no landscape mode at all =)
    11-10-10 09:35 PM
    The wait is over and this Crackberry addict has his fix and loves it ! Left the review and dropped you a pm
    11-10-10 09:39 PM
    You can change the wallpaper, you can turn off the panoramic feature via the Options on the left-most screen. As for landscape, it's only enabled because of a bug in Theme Builder that messes up the screen if you don't enable landscape. Once RIM fixes it, there will be no landscape mode at all =)
    You're right about the wallpaper. I apologize for that. I didn't see that option until I dug for it. Again I love the theme. Good job!

11-10-10 09:43 PM
    Crackberry store does not have "sense" on the list and no matter which style I choose it will not add to my cart.

Edit: (DL'ed from MobiHand) I see "sense" comes with each theme. Cool!

So far this theme appears great, very snappy!

Edit#2: Review posted to MobiHand
    Last edited by KahneFan; 11-10-10 at 10:04 PM.
    11-10-10 09:56 PM
    This is awesome. I was contemplating getting the Desire over the Torch. Now I have both. It is working flawlessly so far. I love it.
    11-10-10 10:09 PM
    Whats up on the winners ? Any news ?
    11-10-10 10:09 PM
    Theme tested questions/thoughts;

- When I click the messages icon I see nothing. Unless it's tied to unread only? If that's the case (which I have figured out it is), I will probably go straight to a message as apposed to swiping my screen, then having to tap an icon... but that could just be me.

- It might be good to make the clock hotspot a little smaller. It appears very easy to accidentally launch the clock.

- The far left arrow button should be user definable. If I want to launch my apps I can simply click my BB button. Having that icon do the same is semi redundant and almost a waste of valuable real estate.

- Tapping just below the middle button brings up the skin changer screen. So, if I go to use my middle icon and hit it just off the mark I have to select a skin to get the screen to go away.

- You should really have something as the tilt screen. Even if it's just the clock with the top 4 icons. To tilt the phone and see blank (non-customizable) screen is not cool.
    Last edited by KahneFan; 11-10-10 at 10:45 PM.
    11-10-10 10:21 PM
    Great theme. The only bug I am having is when I tap on the brush icon I get the option to switch skins. The same thing happems when I tap on the up barrow button on the left side. I hope it will gwt resolved a after a battery pull, or two.

11-10-10 10:28 PM
    Theme tested questions/thoughts;

- It might be good to make the clock hotspot a little smaller. It appears very easy to accidentally launch the clock.

- The far left arrow button should be user definable. If I want to launch my apps I can simply click my BB button. Having that icon do the same is semi redundant and almost a waste of valuable real estate.

- Tapping just below the middle button brings up the skin changer screen. So, if I go to use my middle icon and hit it just off the mark I have to select a skin to get the screen to go away.
    +1 to all of these

Some quick observations:
    - Tapping just right below the left arrow can also bring up the skins screen.

- There is no AM\PM indicator for 12hour clock setting (non-issue really) just thought I throw it out there.

One suggestion, depending on what your design plan is, is to combine the skins and options together into one screen. And have that 'options' tab on the left screen be used for something else.

Great theme once again Vince, got the metal skin, very nicely done.
    11-10-10 11:04 PM
    I just purchased the theme. Nice job!
    11-10-10 11:08 PM
    Just purchased....liking so far, Ill give my full review soon.
    11-10-10 11:46 PM
    If I wasn't one of. The first 25 to PM you how do we get the other skins for .99 ?

11-11-10 12:39 AM
    If I wasn't one of. The first 25 to PM you how do we get the other skins for .99 ?

I'm gonna figure that out once the contest is over. But check the first post, I do believe your name is listed there
    11-11-10 01:02 AM
    Few questions:

-how do I change the wallpaper? When I go to a picture and "set as wallpaper"...my wallpaper doesn't change.

-can I fill the right side home screen with apps? Default is only 8 at the bottom?

In general, how do I customize all 3 home screens more?

11-11-10 01:04 AM
    Few questions:

-how do I change the wallpaper? When I go to a picture and "set as wallpaper"...my wallpaper doesn't change.

-can I fill the right side home screen with apps? Default is only 8 at the bottom?

In general, how do I customize all 3 home screens more?

You must disable the Panoramic Wallpaper option (it's on the left-most screen, in between Messages and Calendar tabs).

Also, 8 icons is the max for that right-most screen. If I add any more, you wouldn't be able to swipe comfortably between screens =(
    11-11-10 01:07 AM
    Vince you rock and this theme is one of the best I have used. Both me and my wife love it keep up the great work and we look forward to updates !

11-11-10 01:20 AM
    Hey guys thanks for the observations so far. I will try to get the ones I like in the next updates. For now I just need a break. I was literally on the computer chair for the last 10 hours with no food and one washroom break, trying frantically to get this theme out on time as promised lol... will be back to it again soon enough =)
    11-11-10 01:39 AM
    Take your time perfecting it bro ! Great work !

11-11-10 02:07 AM
    bought the metal version

review left on CB

thanks

EDIT: looks like I gave the theme 5 stars too early.. My device has become extremely slow
    I get a new email notification, but never see the messages in the Messages app or the individual icons for the mail accounts, unless I reboot and then I have to reboot yet again to see new messages

No issues like this with any other theme
    Last edited by batrad; 11-11-10 at 03:32 PM.
    11-11-10 08:15 AM
    Is it normal not to be able to use the trackpad on the homescreen?

11-11-10 08:29 AM

My (9) in the clock seems off centered...

11-11-10 09:40 AM
    just purchased the Wood version..I absolutely love it! I'm about to delete all other themes..lol
    11-11-10 11:02 AM
    Contest winners have been announced on the first post!
    11-11-10 04:48 PM
198 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD