09-28-11 05:17 PM
263 ... 7891011
tools
    Hey mrskittens and bermie2000...
    If all you want is your berryweather icon to show in the top right banner area then this is what I do.

This is my homescreen with the dock showing with my berryweather up in the right-hand corner:

And this is my app screen showing my placement of my icons :

As you can see my berryweather is in the 1st slot which places it up
    in the right-hand corner and then the 2nd-6th slots are the icons on my dock.
    You can also select the berryweather icon to show or hide by going to the control panel and where you see OCD and turn it on or off.
    Hope this helps
    mrskittens and Azensun like this.
    07-26-11 08:52 PM
    mrskittens likes this.
    07-26-11 08:55 PM
    What a gal. Helped my phone and my brain feel better at the same time.

(and she makes such pretty pictures. )
    wendybeee likes this.
    07-26-11 09:09 PM
    Just downloaded this theme, won it from CB-Love it!! Amazing theme, truly excellent work-im a customization freak and this absolutely fills my need to fiddle with my homescreen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-11 09:32 PM
    It's a 'kawaii' wallpaper Pattye...so here's some rice balls for you
    Thanks Wendy-h*o for the cute wall and your explanation. I never heard of them.

wendybeee likes this.
    07-26-11 09:54 PM
    07-27-11 07:43 AM
    I coulda swore she said she wanted her weather icon on her wallpaper but DIDNT want to have it in slot 1.. oh well, as long as shes all good.
    07-27-11 09:01 AM
    LOL. Close...I didn't want it in the first slot in what many call their "app screen." I was calling that screen the "home screen" because that's what I'm used to seeing. When I choose, "Switch Application" "Home Screen" (the house icon) it takes me to the screen with all my apps and folders, the one people first learn "how to move icons/folders around the home screen" etc.

It would sure be helpful if the terminology was consistent. I like that you guys consider your "home screen" the one with wallpaper and other pretty stuff you've been posting, and the one with all the apps, the "app screen." But I'm not gonna ask RIM to change their tutorial.

I was just relieved to have part of my sanity restored when I saw that Wendy's "app screen" does indeed have BeWeather in the first position. I was looking for a way around that, but again, small matter, despite this ridiculously long post. Honestly, my effort (and everyone's, I'm sure) was to diminish confusion.

Thanks, all.
    07-27-11 04:06 PM

Cool, well for future, this is what i was referring too.
    AxKxB likes this.
    07-27-11 06:19 PM
    yup, that still matches up with what i meant. thanks. very dramatic screen btw.
    07-27-11 07:36 PM
    Azensun likes this.
    07-27-11 08:24 PM
    very dramatic screen btw.

Thx .. they tend to be like that more times.
    07-27-11 08:35 PM
    dollface likes this.
    07-28-11 07:45 AM
    hi, wondered if anyone else was having this problem? I just updated to the new version and it won't open the control panel on the home screen!! i have tapped all over screen and nothing, frustrating as i want to be able to hide the dock, so is it opened another way now?? TIA!!

ok found it!! you have to tap at the top now!
    Last edited by judy77; 07-28-11 at 02:30 PM.
    07-28-11 02:27 PM
    How can I customize the incoming call wallpaper on a Torch...or can I? My home screen wallpaper is BerryWeather/forecasts and that is a little busy for an incoming call. Thanks!

Edit: Let me see if I can be more specific. When I get an incoming call, the incoming call indicator screen works fine. It is just transparent. The underlying wallpaper has it's own text, so it makes the incoming call text difficult to read. While in a call, the in call screen overlies the wallpaper and looks great. Is there a way to make the incoming call screen more opaque/less transparent...to make the text easier to read and not obscured by the home wallpaper text? Thanks again!

Edit 2: I purchased PictureID app and now have a customizable full screen incoming call notification.

BTW: This theme is great. I have downloaded and tried many themes, only to change back to a stock theme. Doubt that is going to happen with this one!
    Last edited by jlbfoot; 07-29-11 at 01:55 PM.
    07-28-11 07:31 PM
    07-28-11 08:40 PM
    Is it just me, or do all the settings for this theme revert to the default after a reboot?

For example, I turned off the bottom dock, but after rebooting, it comes back. Same with all the screen color settings re-setting back to all clear after a reboot.
    I also couldn't get to my wallpaper settings through the phones display options. I had to go through the media > pictures and set an image to "set as wallpaper" for it to work.

Even with some other glitches like the app screen not filling up consistantly in landscape mode, I do like the main screen overall look, so I may keep this for a while.

07-29-11 11:22 AM
    if you are running version .600 Torch OS I'd suggest a downgrade, I had the same issues.
    07-29-11 04:15 PM
    if you are running version .600 Torch OS I'd suggest a downgrade, I had the same issues.
    In fact, I am.

Don't want to downgrade, I like this build too much.

07-29-11 04:44 PM
    Just purchased this theme and love it. It is very difficult for me to find a theme that works for me like this one does. It took me a little bit to learn how to work it all, but this is awesome. Thanks!
    07-29-11 07:27 PM
    Apparently all my issues are OS related (recent builds at least) and not limited to this theme, but any theme that drastically changes from the default tray layout.

07-30-11 12:49 PM
    07-30-11 03:18 PM
    07-31-11 07:05 AM
    08-02-11 04:39 PM
    08-06-11 09:30 AM
263 ... 7891011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD