Finally! I kept seeing the testers (elite1 and tellsells) posting screenshots and couldn't wait for this. Now I don't have to anymore.

I'm going to go get it and take it for a spin!
    Yep, the waiting is over!
    Which version did you opt for Shoshi?

PS I love in your profile "Pinky: what are we doing tonight, Brain." That cartoon was a classic!
    01-04-11 09:33 PM
    Gotta say great job once again. Very good dev to deal with too. They exchanged my black background to the white no problem. Says a lot. Thanks again.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

blackberrytourer likes this.
    01-04-11 11:19 PM
    Yep, the waiting is over!
    Which version did you opt for Shoshi?

PS I love in your profile "Pinky: what are we doing tonight, Brain." That cartoon was a classic!
    I decided to go for the white with purple detail and the custom icons. I absolutely love it! It was worth the wait....but I'm still glad the wait is over.

Thanks, I loved that cartoon! So good and goofy. Gotta love that Pinky.
    01-05-11 12:48 AM
    BBT - Thank you for another wonderful theme! It's always worth it to buy your work. I know that it must take so much time and effort to do this, but this is a job well done!
    01-05-11 12:57 AM
    Gotta say great job once again. Very good dev to deal with too. They exchanged my black background to the white no problem. Says a lot. Thanks again.
    Did the same for me. Very nice.
    01-05-11 07:54 AM
    Very Nice Theme. Had to play with it a bit to appreciate it.
    01-05-11 09:26 AM
    great job bbt...thanks for fixing the icons cutting off on the side dock-it drives me insane.
    01-05-11 02:03 PM
    OP, how hard would it be to create a flipped alternative? I use my thumb to control the touch screen a lot and, when the slide is open, it's hard to get to the top 1 handed. If the 4 top links were at the bottom it would be great. Again, awesome theme, just thought I would throw it out there.
    01-05-11 02:16 PM
    when using the black version the text screens are extremely hard to see. Also, when placing BerryWeather in slot 1, it cuts the icon off.
    the grey font in text screens is a limitation in the os, nothing i can do about that. for some reason the text screen background will not customize, but the font will. because certain parts of the os stay at white backgrounds, i had to make the font grey so text will be visible on both white and black backgrounds. which is why i also offer white versions, in case the grey is not optimal. you can always email me at [email protected] if you would like a version swap

as for the weather, if i increased the slot any more it would start running into the text icons (the hitbox would overlap). i believe the default icon set fits, and elite1 mentioned some more that do as well. it's just too bad os6 doesnt shrink the icons to fit into the box like os5 and below does, perhaps in the official tb6 this will be fixed

by far the best theme ever for the torch.
    highly recommended you get this. there is nothing out there that will come even close to this....
    thanks a again BBT. you rock.....
    thanks man! glad we could get that worked out for you and that you're enjoying the theme

Awesome work again BBT, this is so much better then slate or metro. Absolutely love the blue on black, wish you had done a metro version in that color scheme. I think I just found my new favorite theme even over my custom metro you did for me.
    Would also like you to do me a couple customizations on this theme, nothing difficult(remove the battery icon, and remove the today). Will look forward to hearing from you BBT. If you ever need another 9800 tester for your themes, you know me, just contact me.
    metro black has a blue version, but really glad to hear you love tint! it came out really well for touchscreen, i love how it looks/works on my tour as well

for the weather icon, see above, as for the bbm star, not sure why that would be happening (i didnt change any of those images) is it only with this theme?

as for the custom version, no problem, send me an email to [email protected] and we can work one out for you again

OP, how hard would it be to create a flipped alternative? I use my thumb to control the touch screen a lot and, when the slide is open, it's hard to get to the top 1 handed. If the 4 top links were at the bottom it would be great. Again, awesome theme, just thought I would throw it out there.
    i could do a custom version like this for you, but won't be changing the overall theme that drastically (would change the look of the theme). you can always send me an email at [email protected] and we can work it out.

thanks for the feedback everyone! really glad to hear you're enjoying the theme
    remember you can always send me an email at [email protected] if you want a back and forth/version swap etc

best,

bbt
    Last edited by blackberrytourer; 01-05-11 at 11:46 PM.
    01-05-11 11:40 PM
    I've been using this theme for the past week and it is flawless and certainly BBT's best theme. If you've used BBT's Slate and/or Metro before then Tint is best described as the "love-child" of those two themes (it has the best elements of each)! If you've never tried one of BBT's themes before then you'll find this theme to be simply flawless and in my opinion, the best Torch theme available!
    Last edited by tellsells; 01-07-11 at 01:57 PM.
    01-07-11 01:55 PM
    Lovin this theme. Sooooooo slick n smooth to use. Well worth the wait and worth the money for sure. Very well done BBT. Can't wait to see what ya got next for us. Keep up the good work.

01-07-11 04:53 PM
    I totally agree with tellsells here. If you are familiar with BBT and his themes this is surely the best to date. Simply flawless and this is the first theme Ive seen that handles the landscape mode perfectly.
    01-08-11 07:28 AM
    Just a "bump" for Tint:

01-11-11 08:30 AM
    I have bought Metro, Slate, and now TINT and I love it and I love the fact that you've fixed that slightly cut off red "notification" icon on the side menu.. but I was wondering if you can update that part for Slate also? Personally I love Slate the most but that cut-off notification icon is really annoying for some reason.. Is there any way you can fix that and offer a free update for Slate version?

Thank you.
    01-11-11 11:43 AM
    In addition to Classic and Polished XL, Transparent XL and Gradient White XL iconsets also seem to fit the weather slot.
    Whenever I note some others that do, I'll post back.
    Update: BerryWeather iconsets that fit

Classic
    Polished XL
    Transparent XL
    Gradient White XL
    Davinci
    ▸Buena Vista
    ▸Black & White Vista (aka Black & Gold Vista)

Have an addition? Let me know! I'll update the list as I find more…
    Last edited by elite1; 01-15-11 at 06:46 AM.
    01-13-11 05:30 AM
    Awesome theme. Accidentally bought it and was going to just get a refund without even dling it, but decided to give it a shot and have to say WOW!!!! This is a premium theme, not like the others I've paid for, this is actually worth paying for! Well done!!!

1 question, how do I add the extra customizable icon on the left.

01-16-11 10:31 AM
    1 question, how do I add the extra customizable icon on the left.
    That "weather slot" is the 1st icon on your App Screen, which is also the first of the 4 apps shown in top all-text dock.

To show that slot, tap the screen just under where it would appear, but above where the Today box appears. Basically, right above top left corner of Today box, or about a quarter-inch below top left corner of you screen.
    Probably easiest to find the spot for the 1st time with the Today box open actually. You'll get it right away if you play around a bit!
    01-16-11 12:22 PM
    I used this theme for a while but ended up going back to Slate. As much as I love the concept of this one, it just didn't cut it for me. I love the way all the information is compacted into a single info bar on the home screen, but I don't like the split docks. And as much as I tried to ignore the font overrides, it bugged me too much, especially when Slate doesn't have them. I am also finding the touch points to trigger the different dock elements a bit fiddly.

A combo of Slate and Tint, with a single info bar and a single dock, and no font overrides, would be the absolutely ideal theme for me.
    01-19-11 12:35 AM
    Can't wait until tomorrow!! I'm finally going to get this theme! I've wanted it since I first seen it and I've bought Slate too. Both are amazing themes, but this one just looks way better then Slate. Keep up the amazing work!

Edit: Finally got it yesterday! I absolutely love it! I don't think I'm ever going to switch from it, unless of course, you make a better theme.

Last edited by McStoner; 01-25-11 at 07:27 AM.
    01-23-11 08:00 PM
    I have bought Metro, Slate, and now TINT and I love it and I love the fact that you've fixed that slightly cut off red "notification" icon on the side menu.. but I was wondering if you can update that part for Slate also? Personally I love Slate the most but that cut-off notification icon is really annoying for some reason.. Is there any way you can fix that and offer a free update for Slate version?
    Thank you.
    hey chewblock, i'll think about it! i have to see if it will work, it may be that the cutoff is just off the screen on tint, but i'll check it out and see if it's possible

Awesome theme. Accidentally bought it and was going to just get a refund without even dling it, but decided to give it a shot and have to say WOW!!!! This is a premium theme, not like the others I've paid for, this is actually worth paying for! Well done!!!
    thanks dfairlite! i'm glad you gave it a shot and really glad to hear you're enjoying it so much!!

font overrides
    hey rainynight, out of curiosity, where are you experiencing the font overrides on tint that you aren't on slate? be great to know so i can avoid that in the future

Finally got it yesterday! I absolutely love it! I don't think I'm ever going to switch from it, unless of course, you make a better theme.
    hey mcstoner! that's great, really happy to hear you're loving the theme

thanks everyone for the feedback!

best,

bbt
    01-26-11 01:41 PM
    i can't see a "notifications bar" in the previews,

is this feature still available?
    01-26-11 03:30 PM
    hey rainynight, out of curiosity, where are you experiencing the font overrides on tint that you aren't on slate? be great to know so i can avoid that in the future
    I did send you an e-mail about the issue and you told me that it had to do with the customization of the highlight colour, you said apparently that breaks font customization in TB6. Basically it overrides fonts in message and option lists. My fonts are set to BBCasual Size 6, so it's quite a difference. I can send you the screenshots again if you like.
    01-26-11 11:16 PM
    i can't see a "notifications bar" in the previews,

is this feature still available?
    i'm not sure what you're asking, if you mean the one that drops down on the default os6 theme, that's not supported (custom os6 themes do not support that). but you will still get notifications for new messages on the bottom right of your screen!

I did send you an e-mail about the issue and you told me that it had to do with the customization of the highlight colour, you said apparently that breaks font customization in TB6. Basically it overrides fonts in message and option lists. My fonts are set to BBCasual Size 6, so it's quite a difference. I can send you the screenshots again if you like.
    ohh that's right. yeah the only way to allow customizable font would be to keep all of the highlights stock as i did with slate i believe. so as soon as you change highlight color etc that breaks font customization

thanks for the feedback! hope you're still enjoying the theme!

best

bbt
    01-30-11 09:12 PM
    ohh that's right. yeah the only way to allow customizable font would be to keep all of the highlights stock as i did with slate i believe. so as soon as you change highlight color etc that breaks font customization
    By this comment, it seems like you're saying that Tint doesn't have customizable fonts. I'm I interpreting this right or..?

Also, I was just wondering when an update is estimated? Sometimes when I exit to the homescreen the options will pop up, and sometimes the icons on the homescreen are un-"touch"able. To fix it, I hit the BB button and go into the app screen then exit it and it fixes the issue, but it gets quite annoying having to do that.
    Last edited by McStoner; 02-03-11 at 09:03 PM.
    02-03-11 09:01 PM
    Also, I was just wondering when an update is estimated? Sometimes when I exit to the homescreen the options will pop up, and sometimes the icons on the homescreen are un-"touch"able. To fix it, I hit the BB button and go into the app screen then exit it and it fixes the issue, but it gets quite annoying having to do that.
    I know that bbt is working on it. He's issuing OS 6 versions of his themes for other devices first before he comes back around to update this with the newest TB beta. But that's not going to take too long!

What you're describing is a TB6 bug. You can click a different Home Screen feature (like hide or un-hide the top dock or hidden today) and then back to the one you wanted again.
    02-03-11 09:15 PM
78 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD