no i completely understand where you're coming from. but really, there is no downside to having the today area be hideable, if you never press the hide function, it will act as if it is not hideable. I do understand about the combined today area. I will try to incorporate something different in my third theme (coming soon!) as I have been getting a lot of feedback from touchscreen users about that
    LOL! It never occurred to me that I could keep a hidden today area un-hidden. Thwack = sound of hand hitting head. I look forward to seeing your future theme with a cleaner today area

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-10 05:56 AM
    hey grafix, the reason the calendar icon is stock is because it updates, and didn't fit within the icons i had created. so i had to keep it stock. I don't have any control over what shows in the today area. I just set it as messages and theme builder/the device does the rest. I wish i could support the dropdown menu but full custom torch themes don't support it unfortunately. nothing i can really do about that. same with the landscape wallpaper, it doesnt allow it, really nothing i can do.

hope i got to all the questions, look out for a sale within the next week. I will be putting slate and metro on sale for the holidays along with the release of my third theme!

Thanks everyone! Happy Holidays

Best,

Bbt
    well - hopefully these issues can be worked out in the updates...
    12-10-10 07:14 AM
    I love the Slate theme. I'm puzzled, though. After activating and doing a battery pull, some of my applications are not there, such as ToDoMatrix and the Gmail stand alone app. If I switch back to my previous theme, all the apps are there. I've done a "show all" -- still no luck. What am I missing here?
    12-10-10 09:26 PM
    this theme is sweet!
    thanks swdoro!

LOL! It never occurred to me that I could keep a hidden today area un-hidden. Thwack = sound of hand hitting head. I look forward to seeing your future theme with a cleaner today area
    I'm thinking for tint of making the today hide by touching the upper right corner of the today area, and will separate calendar from messages/smsmms (smsmms and messages will be combined). should look good!

well - hopefully these issues can be worked out in the updates...
    hopefully, really just depends on whether RIM includes these fixes in the official release of theme builder 6

I love the Slate theme. I'm puzzled, though. After activating and doing a battery pull, some of my applications are not there, such as ToDoMatrix and the Gmail stand alone app. If I switch back to my previous theme, all the apps are there. I've done a "show all" -- still no luck. What am I missing here?
    hey nora, i believe we got this settled via email, but i will answer here as well for others just in case.

try checking in folders if you cant find some of your icons, as sometimes custom themes move icons to folders the oem theme did not

hope this helps!

Happy Holidays, and speaking of, Metro and Slate are on SALE! till the end of the year, and TINT has been released, soon to come for the torch

Best,

Bbt
    12-11-10 11:14 AM
    Always admired your themes bbt.

TINT looks amazing by the way. Really looking forward to the Torch version
    12-11-10 12:37 PM
    Hey BBT

Any eta when we can expect tint ?

12-11-10 08:10 PM
    This is only a touch screen theme (on the home screen?)

I just downloaded this and think thats the case?
    12-11-10 11:44 PM
    Yes this is a touchscreen only!

12-12-10 12:45 AM
    Always admired your themes bbt.

TINT looks amazing by the way. Really looking forward to the Torch version
    really appreciate that Dr! i'm hoping to have the touch versions out by the end of next week

yup that's right!

Hey BBT
    Any eta when we can expect tint ?
    see above, i'm hoping to get it to my testers early next week for a release by the end of next week! It's coming along well, and is translating well to touchscreen, just need time to get working versions for the testers

i will let you all know via twitter and on here when it is released!

best

bbt
    12-12-10 01:46 AM
    what do i need to make the weather work? and is the today area a bit more customizable? i.e. i.e. change txt for missed calls or something?
    Last edited by xillentz; 12-19-10 at 11:35 PM.
    12-19-10 11:24 PM
    I agree the TINT is gonna look really slick on the Torch, can't wait to see it. BBT is always on point with the themes for sure.....LOVIN IT!!!!
    12-20-10 07:32 AM
    what do i need to make the weather work? and is the today area a bit more customizable? i.e. i.e. change txt for missed calls or something?
    to get the weather to show, press where the weather icon should be, and to hide it, press above it. it reflects the first icon on your appscreen

the today area isnt able to be customized like that in terms of layout. RIM doesnt allow that with custom themes. I have been offering to do custom themes for a fee, you can email me at [email protected] if you would like to discuss in more details

I agree the TINT is gonna look really slick on the Torch, can't wait to see it. BBT is always on point with the themes for sure.....LOVIN IT!!!!
    thanks DJ!

TINT is coming along really nicely! got a dock on the right with icons and a dock on the top with text (had to make it a 4 icon dock on top instead of a 6 icon because of the space in portrait). But it is coming along, just need some more time to get it out to my testers. A little delayed than I was expecting because of the holidays. Hoping to get it out by the end of the year though.

Happy holidays!
    Hope you're all enjoying Slate

Best,

Bbt
    12-20-10 06:08 PM
    hi bbt, this theme is probably the best one i've ever used.

however there are some issues that i wanted to bring up to see if you have a resolution or if other's can help.

1. social feeds

- found out there are problems viewing this within the "black" theme, is there a way to manually change the color, if not, can i swap for the lighter colored theme, or do i have to actually make another purchase?

2. landscape view -> back to portrait view

- title/header for "today" items disappear when switching views
    - the only way to get them back is to tap the home screen, so i'm constantly doing this

3. feature request: left icon dock, option to place to the right?

- i tend to do one hand navigation with my right hand, and this would just make this theme perfect for me. just a suggestion

other than these, this is an awesome theme... great job, keep up the good work!!
    12-21-10 01:14 PM
    Yes this is a touchscreen only!
    The current beta Theme Builder 6 unfortunately forces themers to decide between the Home Screen being touch-only or giving up a ton of different options. Most Torch themes you'll find are touch-only, unless they are just a skin of the stock BB6 theme with that same layout.
    Last edited by elite1; 12-22-10 at 07:34 PM.
    blackberrytourer likes this.
    12-21-10 02:10 PM
    I like this theme and am quite inclined to buy it, I only have one question. It might go without saying, but does this theme override any system fonts? Especially in the mail/options/calendar etc., I have my overall font set to 6pt and I loathe it when themes change that (usually to a bigger font).

Tell me it will leave my fonts alone and you may just have another sale before Christmas
    12-22-10 02:40 AM
    hi bbt, this theme is probably the best one i've ever used.

however there are some issues that i wanted to bring up to see if you have a resolution or if other's can help.

other than these, this is an awesome theme... great job, keep up the good work!!
    I think we worked this out via email, but just thought I'd respond here as well to thank you

and look for tint soon to address your feature request

I like this theme and am quite inclined to buy it, I only have one question.
    Tell me it will leave my fonts alone and you may just have another sale before Christmas
    I think we also worked this out via email, but just wanted to thank you on here as well!

Hope you all enjoyed Christmas!

Best,
    Bbt
    12-26-10 12:45 PM
    to get the weather to show, press where the weather icon should be, and to hide it, press above it. it reflects the first icon on your appscreen

the today area isnt able to be customized like that in terms of layout. RIM doesnt allow that with custom themes. I have been offering to do custom themes for a fee, you can email me at [email protected] if you would like to discuss in more details

thanks DJ!

TINT is coming along really nicely! got a dock on the right with icons and a dock on the top with text (had to make it a 4 icon dock on top instead of a 6 icon because of the space in portrait). But it is coming along, just need some more time to get it out to my testers. A little delayed than I was expecting because of the holidays. Hoping to get it out by the end of the year though.

Happy holidays!
    Hope you're all enjoying Slate

Best,

Bbt
    I can't wait to see the TINT theme, i'm anxiously waiting for it, when are ya thinkin it will be released? In future i would ove to be a beta tester if you ever need one, i've never done it before so it would be cool to do it some time.

DJ
    12-26-10 02:35 PM
    bbt... you have done a great job on this theme and also on metro. I have tried a few free themes but stayed away from pay themes simply because theme builder is still beta. But looking at what you have accomplished, I went ahead and bought both slate and metro.

Both are VERY impressive with one exception for me on both themes... I cannot seem to access the top screen shortcuts with any kind of success.

It seems no matter where/how I touch the upper icons I can't get them to activate.
    One time I did touch the speaker icon and it highlighted blue but never opened the profiles. Repeated touching of the signal bar does nothing more than slide the side icon row open and closed.

I've done multiple battery pulls after each load to no avail. Both themes give me the same trouble. Am I missing something?

Thanks again for your hard work. You have done a great job with what TB beta gave you to work with.
    12-26-10 04:29 PM
    bbt... you have done a great job on this theme and also on metro. I have tried a few free themes but stayed away from pay themes simply because theme builder is still beta. But looking at what you have accomplished, I went ahead and bought both slate and metro.

Both are VERY impressive with one exception for me on both themes... I cannot seem to access the top screen shortcuts with any kind of success.

It seems no matter where/how I touch the upper icons I can't get them to activate.
    One time I did touch the speaker icon and it highlighted blue but never opened the profiles. Repeated touching of the signal bar does nothing more than slide the side icon row open and closed.

I've done multiple battery pulls after each load to no avail. Both themes give me the same trouble. Am I missing something?

Thanks again for your hard work. You have done a great job with what TB beta gave you to work with.
    Do you have a screen protector? If so, some of them cause some problems on the outer edges. However, these outer icons do require an exact touch for them to work; but they do all work.
    12-26-10 04:49 PM
    Thanks tellsells. I know you did a bunch of testing on these so your opinion weighs heavy.

I do have a screen protector. (Original non-privacy ATT brand) that has given me zero problems since I put it on at launch day. Just to be sure though I peeled the top back and tried to tap the icons. Still no success.

At times (not always) I can get the profiles icon to highlight but it only opens maybe once out of every 25 tries. I am never able to get the signal bar to open the connections tab. I guess I have too fat of fingers. Its a shame as I really like these two but not being able to quickly access the connections tab on either of these themes is a deal breaker for me.

12-26-10 08:45 PM
    Thanks tellsells. I know you did a bunch of testing on these so your opinion weighs heavy.

I do have a screen protector. (Original non-privacy ATT brand) that has given me zero problems since I put it on at launch day. Just to be sure though I peeled the top back and tried to tap the icons. Still no success.

At times (not always) I can get the profiles icon to highlight but it only opens maybe once out of every 25 tries. I am never able to get the signal bar to open the connections tab. I guess I have too fat of fingers. Its a shame as I really like these two but not being able to quickly access the connections tab on either of these themes is a deal breaker for me.

The screen protector was just a thought, as those icons all work for me on Slate and Metro.
    I am currently testing his new theme-TINT and those icons seem to open up easier. The theme still needs some fixes before it's released though. But so far, it's pretty cool!
    12-26-10 08:58 PM
    Well thanks fot the screen protecctor suggestion anyway. I hadn't given it much thought as like I said I've had zero sensitivity problems with it and even on all the other fields of these themes it works just fine. But being its a touch theme and the trackpad is out of the equasion (dang beta) if I can't touch to access, its pretty much inop for me. Unless bbt could enlarge these fields. I guess I'll have to wait and see what Tint brings.

12-26-10 09:15 PM
    This is a nice looking theme and I was excited to use it, but I didn't realize it was touchscreen only (on the home screen) until I got frustrated with it and read through this thread. If it ever becomes possible to change that, I'd buy it again. The touchscreen just doesn't work well enough for me.

Also, just to add some more feedback, I always use a picture of my kids as my wallpaper, so I appreciate what you've done with the options and being able to control what appears on the screen.

Thanks
    12-28-10 05:10 PM
    This is a nice looking theme and I was excited to use it, but I didn't realize it was touchscreen only (on the home screen) until I got frustrated with it and read through this thread. If it ever becomes possible to change that, I'd buy it again. The touchscreen just doesn't work well enough for me.

Also, just to add some more feedback, I always use a picture of my kids as my wallpaper, so I appreciate what you've done with the options and being able to control what appears on the screen.

Thanks
    FYI, all custom Torch themes (themebuilder limitation) that are not using the standard OS6 set-up are touchscreen only on the homescreen. Give it a try, as it takes a little getting used to. I was the same way but after a day of using it I did not care that it was touchscreen only!
    Last edited by tellsells; 12-28-10 at 05:42 PM.
    12-28-10 05:33 PM
    I must have been sleeping on this theme...finally downloaded it and I LOVE IT! Nice work, it's perfect in every way. Loving the many options to change it. Keep up the excellent work!
    12-29-10 11:48 PM
149 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD