Unfortunately, other themebuilders are having similar issues due to the software still being beta. I have over 15 Torch themes with most having the isssue with the pic changing in landscape.
    10-28-10 10:08 PM
    Yes, as per Blacklatino, it appears that bbt has accomplished quite a bit with this BETA Theme Builder. Patience! If you purchased this, you've purchased the updates that are sure to come as more solid TB builds emerge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-10 10:02 AM
    Just got an email about an update, downloading now. Any one elese?
    10-31-10 07:30 PM
    Yes i did get the update, i must say though i'm not a fan of the plain background in landscape, it makes it boring....the background that was there was good. Other than that it fixed some minor things for sure.
    10-31-10 07:44 PM
    I will be glad when we are able to coustomize the land scape wall paper. I hated when the landscape wallpaper reverted back to stock wallpaper, black is ok for now.
    10-31-10 07:53 PM
    I will be glad when we are able to coustomize the land scape wall paper. I hated when the landscape wallpaper reverted back to stock wallpaper, black is ok for now.
    Yep. Curious to see the changes.
    10-31-10 08:05 PM
    Hello, just purchased and trying out this theme. I have 2 questions.
    1. On the preview page, you show an image where you can "preview upcoming appointments" and only calendar items are shown (ie. no messages or texts). How do you do this ?
    2. Is there a way to permanently hide the Today items? I'm trying out a separate Today app and don't want to tap the screen and have overlapping today items.
    Thank you, and thanks for all the work you've put in. I don't mind paying for all the time and effort, although I do admit I wish there was a free trial...just in case it isn't a keeper However, $5 isn't a deal-breaker, for sure.
    1. this is a preview screenshot taken on a nontouch device. the today area is set up a little different because of the trackpad use, enables hiding/showing/more complicated navigation than is available on touchscreen. 2. pressing the escape key should hide the today area items

it was a lot of work but i'm quite proud of how it came out i hope you continue to enjoy the theme!

I just purchased this theme as I love the look of the black one but I have same question I bolded above
    Also, IF your able to create a default for black landscape (or make it customizable), might I suggest having the default be the black that is present when you go into where the rest of your icons are (brain isnt working this afternoon). That would be AWESOME. Simply because I love this black everything theme and if the landscape default would be black like the background where the rest of your app icons are and maybe even making that the default for horizontal would make it perfect!
    Look forward to any update or feedback.
    see above for the answer to the bolded i believe.
    also check the update! landscpe wallpaper is now the same as the appscreen

I bought this theme last night for my Torch, but I've found a couple of bugs and a couple of missing features that make it unusable for me..
    Firstly, the bugs:
    1) If you enable the Today theme, then rotate the phone to landscape and then back to portrait, the Today details do not refresh properly (parts of the screen disappear).
    2) Settings changes made to the landscape view do not seem to "stick".. If you rotate the phone to portrait and back, any changes you made seem to have disappeared.. So for instance, if I enable Today details on the Landscape view, then rotate the phone back to Portrait view and back, the Landscape view has defaulted back to having no details displayed..
    A wishlist of features I wish the theme had include:
    1) the ability to change the wallpaper in landscape mode
    2) the ability to change the wallpaper in the "locked" state
    3) the ability to make the Today data "permanent" (ie, hitting escape does not clear it)..
    bugs:
    1) not really a bug, this is just how theme builder does it, it reloads the svg every time you change orientation of your device. there's nothing i can do about that
    2) see 1 (same thing)
    wishlist:
    1) doesnt seem like this will be possible until RIM updates theme builder to support it
    2) i dont seem to have control over this, it should just reflect the wallpaper that you set for your homescreen
    3) i probably wont be including this, because there are already a lot of versions and I dont want it to get too confusing. so i went with the median which was allowing the today to be hideable

hope that all makes sense. it's not always possible to make a theme that will be perfect for everyone but i try my best to include as many options as possible to get as close as i can!

Yes i did get the update, i must say though i'm not a fan of the plain background in landscape, it makes it boring....the background that was there was good. Other than that it fixed some minor things for sure.
    yeah i realize some people will not like the neutral background, but it's hard to know what the majority will like. i got a lot of requests for making the landscape neutral (through email as well) so i went with that. that's also what ended up happening on my metro theme as well. i wish RIM would allow the user to define their own landscape wallpaper, i don't really understand why they dont.

anyway, i hope you all enjoy the update!
    let me know if you have any questions as always.

regards
    Bbt
    10-31-10 08:40 PM
    Hi blackberrytourer! I got the update, but I was wondering about what the changes are. I came to a list but now I can't find it back to check them out.

I must say that I like the neutral landscape screen better. I know that the theme builder puts limitations on what you can do, but you do such a wonderful job anyway. Thanks again!
    10-31-10 08:48 PM
    I've notice that you solved the issue when you were downloading something from the browser .. That you can not see the download progress as it was all black
    10-31-10 10:10 PM
    Not sure if it's been covered as I haven't read every post in this thread but ever since I purchased Slate I've had a problem with this theme in Landscape mode where there's a white bar on one side and only half the theme appears rendering it completely useless in Landscape.

Has this been fixed? If not, I really can't use this theme. I was looking forward to Metro but won't be purchasing that due to this problem. I don't want to be disappointed a 2nd time. No offense, stuff happens but I've tried pulls, installing it twice and I do see the update but it doesn't seem that the improvements mentioned this particular issue at all so I was just wondering.
    11-01-10 07:45 AM
    Not sure if it's been covered as I haven't read every post in this thread but ever since I purchased Slate I've had a problem with this theme in Landscape mode where there's a white bar on one side and only half the theme appears rendering it completely useless in Landscape.

Has this been fixed? If not, I really can't use this theme. I was looking forward to Metro but won't be purchasing that due to this problem. I don't want to be disappointed a 2nd time. No offense, stuff happens but I've tried pulls, installing it twice and I do see the update but it doesn't seem that the improvements mentioned this particular issue at all so I was just wondering.
    Have you read any posts about any theme? The landscape mode has always been an issue with every theme so far, it's a limitation in the theme builder. If you read BBT's post 3 posts above your own the answer to your question can be found there. Simply put landscape mode has been fixed with a custom blank wallpaper.

EDIT:
    Sorry for being so harsh, but have you tried a battery pull? Landscape mode is not buggy at all in this theme.
    Last edited by homer1475; 11-01-10 at 07:58 AM.
    11-01-10 07:54 AM
    not sure if it's been covered as i haven't read every post in this thread but ever since i purchased slate i've had a problem with this theme in landscape mode where there's a white bar on one side and only half the theme appears rendering it completely useless in landscape.

Has this been fixed? If not, i really can't use this theme. I was looking forward to metro but won't be purchasing that due to this problem. I don't want to be disappointed a 2nd time. No offense, stuff happens but i've tried pulls, installing it twice and i do see the update but it doesn't seem that the improvements mentioned this particular issue at all so i was just wondering.
    Landscape mode works perfectly in both Metro and Slate. Slate had the stock wallpaper in the original version and the new updated version has a shaded black background.
    Both versions have this black background in landscape with no white bars and no problems!!!!
    11-01-10 08:35 AM
    Hi blackberrytourer! I got the update, but I was wondering about what the changes are. I came to a list but now I can't find it back to check them out.
    I must say that I like the neutral landscape screen better. I know that the theme builder puts limitations on what you can do, but you do such a wonderful job anyway. Thanks again!
    hey Shoshi! Here are the changes if I remember correctly:
    *changed wallpaper for landscape to be more neutral
    *changed callscreen wallpapers to match appscreen/landscape
    *reduced cutoff of weather icon slot icon
    *fixed progress bar in black versions
    *fixed search bar in black versions
    *fixed settings icon text visibility on black versions

I think that's everything! If I remember anything else I changed I'll add it here
    Thanks so much

I've notice that you solved the issue when you were downloading something from the browser .. That you can not see the download progress as it was all black
    yup, progress bar is fixed in the update!

that shouldnt be happening, are you sure you've tried removing the battery while your device is still on? I can assure you neither Metro nor Slate have this issue in landscape, they run perfectly. I know because tellsells is a great tester, he thoroughly tested both themes in landscape on his torch and sent back screenshots, and all looks as it should!

thanks everyone for the feedback!
    hope you continue to enjoy the theme

Regards,
    Bbt
    11-01-10 11:37 PM
    I wish I could get back the Black Slate Before the Upgrade. It had the icons you created, and it had a PICTURE IN THE LANDSCAPE MODE. I can't stand the black wallpaper in the landscape mode. I loved having that picture there. I bought the Theme in White also, with your icons, not OS6 ones, and I upgraded that too. No picture in landscape mode. Please, how can I get originals back?
    hey crackedangel,

unfortunately its not possible to get the picture in landscape back. i got a lot of requests to make the landscape wallpaper the same as the appscreens which is why i changed it. i really wish i could allow the users to define their own wallpapers in landscape but RIM just does not allow it. there's really nothing i can do.

sorry about that, but i hope its understandable. the majority voiced against the wallpaper so i changed it

regards,
    Bbt
    11-07-10 01:22 AM
    I am so confused by the amount of choices I have... Could someone explain the difference between all the choices -
    Torch 9800 Black OS 6
    Torch 9800 Black Original
    Torch 9800 OS6
    Torch 9800 Original

Sorry if I missed this information some where.
    11-07-10 01:37 AM
    I am so confused by the amount of choices I have... Could someone explain the difference between all the choices -
    Torch 9800 Black OS 6
    Torch 9800 Black Original
    Torch 9800 OS6
    Torch 9800 Original

Sorry if I missed this information some where.
    Torch black OS 6 - mainly black theme with normal OS 6 icons.

Torch black original - mainly black theme with custom icons.

Torch OS6 - normal white theme with OS6 icons.

Torch original - normal white theme with custom icons.

Hope that helps. I personally like the custom icons and the black theme. They were both available as a combo in the app store for a lot cheaper then if you purchased them separately, not sure if they still are.
    11-07-10 05:46 AM
    Torch black OS 6 - mainly black theme with normal OS 6 icons.

Torch black original - mainly black theme with custom icons.

Torch OS6 - normal white theme with OS6 icons.

Torch original - normal white theme with custom icons.

Hope that helps. I personally like the custom icons and the black theme. They were both available as a combo in the app store for a lot cheaper then if you purchased them separately, not sure if they still are.
    thanks homer!
    im trying to get mobihand to offer in-app bundles (like get 1 version, get the next half off) but they have yet to implement it.. hopefully it does get added though, as i like to offer different versions of my themes!
    11-14-10 10:33 PM
    My ? is will the icons move up and down on the torch now? I know the that last time I got this one they didn't like they did on the 9700!
    11-14-10 10:36 PM
    My ? is will the icons move up and down on the torch now? I know the that last time I got this one they didn't like they did on the 9700!
    hey redraider,

the icons dont scroll like on the keyboard versions, because in portrait it shows all 8 icons without the need of scroll. however the 8th icon does scroll slightly into view. in landscape there are 6 icons with no scrolling. to have a scrolling dock wouldhave required too many icons (essentially two docks of 5 or 6, which is too many). i wanted to keep it simple to use and easy on the memory, so its as fast as possible
    11-23-10 03:17 PM
    Very slick-looking theme -as is your metro theme. Considered buying it, but like others I too am looking for a permanent (ie non-hideable) calendar listing (without any other so-called today items like messages). As a first-time BB user, frankly I am shocked that such a thing is so hard to find... Seems like such a fundamental feature on a "business" phone.

I'm not dinging you, as I get your rationale (below). Perhaps just suggesting you consider it in the future. And if you could figure out how to restrict events to just the current day in the calendar listing, that would be da bomb!

3) i probably wont be including this, because there are already a lot of versions and I dont want it to get too confusing. so i went with the median which was allowing the today to be hideable

hope that all makes sense. it's not always possible to make a theme that will be perfect for everyone but i try my best to include as many options as possible to get as close as i can!

Bbt
    Anyways, beautiful, elegant and functional design - I look forward to seeing more of your work.

11-28-10 08:56 PM
    Love it!!! You do great work and after watching this thread you also have great customer service ;-)

12-05-10 10:33 PM
    Very nice work. I'm OCD about seeing my wallpapers with transparent banners and this theme puts that to rest. Thanks!

I love it! Thanks again.

12-06-10 05:28 PM
    i love this theme... one thing that bugs me though is having the calander look different then the rest of the custom icons *sigh.

is there a reason bbm msgs doesn't show under the msgs on the today screen like it did on the stock os? the ads for this theme say mms as well as sms... This was the one thing I liked about the stock os today is hoe much it incorporated... If u can make it incorporate bbm that be amazing... As well as msn if it doesn't. this was the one thing i loved about the oem theme - it lists everything on that dropdown today screen - do the same and this theme should come stock with blackberries.

look forward to updates though... hopefully the landscape issue where it uses existing wallpaper like the stock os does will be fixed.
    Last edited by GrafixInk; 12-09-10 at 07:51 PM.
    12-09-10 06:32 PM
    Very slick-looking theme -as is your metro theme. Considered buying it, but like others I too am looking for a permanent (ie non-hideable) calendar listing (without any other so-called today items like messages). As a first-time BB user, frankly I am shocked that such a thing is so hard to find... Seems like such a fundamental feature on a "business" phone.
    I'm not dinging you, as I get your rationale (below). Perhaps just suggesting you consider it in the future. And if you could figure out how to restrict events to just the current day in the calendar listing, that would be da bomb!
    Anyways, beautiful, elegant and functional design - I look forward to seeing more of your work.
    no i completely understand where you're coming from. but really, there is no downside to having the today area be hideable, if you never press the hide function, it will act as if it is not hideable. I do understand about the combined today area. I will try to incorporate something different in my third theme (coming soon!) as I have been getting a lot of feedback from touchscreen users about that

glad you like the look

Love it!!! You do great work and after watching this thread you also have great customer service ;-)
    thanks hunoosh! really glad you're enjoying the theme. i'm always glad to help out and it means a lot to have it noticed! thanks again

Very nice work. I'm OCD about seeing my wallpapers with transparent banners and this theme puts that to rest. Thanks!
    I love it! Thanks again.
    no problem! i'm the same way, i love my wallpapers, dont want all that clutter getting in the way

i love this theme... one thing that bugs me though is having the calander look different then the rest of the custom icons *sigh.

is there a reason bbm msgs doesn't show under the msgs on the today screen like it did on the stock os? the ads for this theme say mms as well as sms... This was the one thing I liked about the stock os today is hoe much it incorporated... If u can make it incorporate bbm that be amazing... As well as msn if it doesn't. this was the one thing i loved about the oem theme - it lists everything on that dropdown today screen - do the same and this theme should come stock with blackberries.

look forward to updates though... hopefully the landscape issue where it uses existing wallpaper like the stock os does will be fixed.
    hey grafix, the reason the calendar icon is stock is because it updates, and didn't fit within the icons i had created. so i had to keep it stock. I don't have any control over what shows in the today area. I just set it as messages and theme builder/the device does the rest. I wish i could support the dropdown menu but full custom torch themes don't support it unfortunately. nothing i can really do about that. same with the landscape wallpaper, it doesnt allow it, really nothing i can do.

hope i got to all the questions, look out for a sale within the next week. I will be putting slate and metro on sale for the holidays along with the release of my third theme!

Thanks everyone! Happy Holidays

Best,

Bbt
    12-10-10 01:59 AM
    this theme is sweet!
    12-10-10 05:17 AM
149 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD