This is an awesome theme. Have been using since last night and I'm having no problems whatsoever. Thanks bbt!
    10-25-10 03:00 PM
    I just sent you my order number, but if it can be fixed, I would really love to keep the black, it's just awesome!
    10-25-10 03:00 PM
    Hi BBT,

I was wondering if it would be possible to make a version with black landscape? the default one bugs me a bit haha if its not too much work? also will you be porting the BBT Metro theme to Torch, been waiting for that oen too :P Thanks!

Regards
    10-25-10 04:42 PM
    Hi BBT,

I was wondering if it would be possible to make a version with black landscape? the default one bugs me a bit haha if its not too much work? also will you be porting the BBT Metro theme to Torch, been waiting for that oen too :P Thanks!

Regards
    This wasn't directed at me but I thought I'd answer anyway:
    I don't think it's possible (with this themebuilder) to change the wallpaper in landscape to anything other than the one that's there.
    Metro theme is being tested right now . He's in the early stages, so it will be a little while to get the bugs out (but it's awesome so far). FYI, Metro was my favorite theme when I helped beta test it on my Bold 9000 and it is going to be a great Torch theme as well.
    But Slate rules!
    10-25-10 07:27 PM
    Awesome theme man, good work.

I've been using the HTC theme since it came out and have tried a lot of the others, this is the first one I've tried that is loads better and a keeper.

Just one question, if the side dock is scrollable would it make more sense to have more then 8 since that's just about what fits on the screen anyways? Doesn't really use the scrollable feature in my opinion, only scrolls just a bit from top to bottom so you can see the entire app, perhaps 16 or even 10. You could exploit the scrollable feature more. Just a thought. Other then that I'm loving it.
    10-25-10 08:01 PM
    This wasn't directed at me but I thought I'd answer anyway:
    I don't think it's possible (with this themebuilder) to change the wallpaper in landscape to anything other than the one that's there.
    Other themes have different landscape wallpapers, the titanium one that was just released uses its own "moving" landscape/portrait wallpaper.
    10-25-10 08:13 PM
    I know you're getting inundated with requests, but if I might suggest changing the text color in the text message bubbles to black rather than gray? It is hard to read over the light background. Thanks!
    10-25-10 08:17 PM
    Will this theme be able to let you change the wallpaper? not the ones that come with it but any wallpaper that's on the device or anything that's downloaded..?
    10-25-10 08:57 PM
    How do you hide and unhide the weather icon on the homescreen?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-10 09:58 PM
    If this weren't so expensive I'd purchase it.
    10-25-10 10:46 PM
    I'd like to buy a Porsche if it was the price of a Chevy!
    10-25-10 10:49 PM
    How do you hide and unhide the weather icon on the homescreen?

Just tap above the weather icon to hide it and then tap the weather icon spot to unhide. Check out the first post to see all of the "hotspots".
    Last edited by tellsells; 10-25-10 at 10:53 PM.
    10-25-10 10:50 PM
    By noncustomizable landscape wallpaper do you mean it simply turns the portrait wallpaper on its side as is the case with the stock OS or does it show whatever the theme default wallpaper is?
    10-26-10 03:52 AM
    It's five bucks! You could grab take-out for $5 and it'd be gone in 5 mins. Or you could spend the $5 on this, and you'd have it permanently. Hmmmm

By noncustomizable landscape wallpaper do you mean it simply turns the portrait wallpaper on its side as is the case with the stock OS or does it show whatever the theme default wallpaper is?
    In landscape mode it shows the theme default... that grey/peach toned ocean scene.
    10-26-10 07:07 AM
    It's five bucks! You could grab take-out for $5 and it'd be gone in 5 mins. Or you could spend the $5 on this, and you'd have it permanently. Hmmmm

In landscape mode it shows the theme default... that grey/peach toned ocean scene.
    5 dollars for a theme though.. That's a big outrageous.
    10-26-10 12:05 PM
    I paid $10 because I bought the wrong version by accident. I first bought the OS6 icons when I actually wanted the custom icons.

No complaints. Well worth it in my opinion. Thanks!

Last edited by RobbSpeed; 10-26-10 at 12:31 PM.
    10-26-10 12:24 PM
    Just bought this theme last night. It's the first one I have paid for and I must say it is well worth it! It's wonderful! Flows smoothly, looks nice, and very easy to use. The only thing I can think of changing is the landscape pic but that's nothing and I know there are limitations to the theme builder.

Great job! Thank you for your work on it.

10-26-10 01:50 PM
    Personally, I think you get what you pay for. And this theme is definitely worth it. BBT puts a ton of work into his themes and it shows through and through. Since I lack the desire and know-how to create my own themes, I'm more than willing to pay for something that is well-done and has clearly had a lot of time and thought put into it. Just my two cents.

I paid $10 because I bought the wrong version by accident. I first bought the OS6 icons when I actually wanted the custom icons.

No complaints. Well worth it in my opinion. Thanks!

I did the same thing, except in reverse... I meant to get the stock icons instead of the custom ones. I ended up emailing BBT and he was so awesome... switched it for me without question.
    10-26-10 02:03 PM
    I gotta say... there are a lot of theme developers who put a half-assed effort into their themes. The difference is night and day when you get someone like BBT who puts a lot of time into it. I'm more than happy to support someone who doesn't just slap it all together and expects money for it.

Great theme... I'm eagerly waiting for Metro to be re-released... and whatever else might be in the works!
    10-26-10 02:04 PM
    There is a lot of work that goes into a good custom theme and the developers have to share the income with Mobihand and CB store. I can personally atest that this developer never puts out a theme until it has been thoroughly tested. He spends days recoded and testing his themes.
    You can spend $5 on 5 poorly made $.99 themes (and there are plenty of them available) OR pay $5 for one good theme.
    The difference in this theme and a lot of the other ones is that this theme is virtually flawless!
    10-26-10 02:12 PM
    I guess I wanted the custom icons as well but thought by the looks of them they were OS 5 icons.... Ooh well still an awsome theme.

10-26-10 02:28 PM
    I know you're getting inundated with requests, but if I might suggest changing the text color in the text message bubbles to black rather than gray? It is hard to read over the light background. Thanks!
    the reason the text color is grey is because it's a universal font change, and for some reason RIM doesnt allow the background of sms to be skinned to black. if i set font to black, text will not be visible in message lists, bbm, etc.. if i set it to white, text will not be visible in sms. so the only solution so that text is visible on both black and white backgrounds is to set the font to grey. i went through this with the first version of my first theme metro, and settled on grey as the best bet (a lot of feedback went into that decision! )

Will this theme be able to let you change the wallpaper? not the ones that come with it but any wallpaper that's on the device or anything that's downloaded..?
    i'm currently testing a feature that will allow landscape wallpaper to reflect your own user-defined wallpaper in portrait (it will be your custom wallpaper rotated 90 degrees)

Just bought this theme last night. It's the first one I have paid for and I must say it is well worth it! It's wonderful! Flows smoothly, looks nice, and very easy to use. The only thing I can think of changing is the landscape pic but that's nothing and I know there are limitations to the theme builder.
    Great job! Thank you for your work on it.
    thanks so much! it means a lot to hear such great feedback
    read above about the landscape wallpaper, im hoping to figure this out by the end of this week!

Personally, I think you get what you pay for. And this theme is definitely worth it. BBT puts a ton of work into his themes and it shows through and through. Since I lack the desire and know-how to create my own themes, I'm more than willing to pay for something that is well-done and has clearly had a lot of time and thought put into it. Just my two cents.
    I did the same thing, except in reverse... I meant to get the stock icons instead of the custom ones. I ended up emailing BBT and he was so awesome... switched it for me without question.
    I gotta say... there are a lot of theme developers who put a half-assed effort into their themes. The difference is night and day when you get someone like BBT who puts a lot of time into it. I'm more than happy to support someone who doesn't just slap it all together and expects money for it. Great theme... I'm eagerly waiting for Metro to be re-released... and whatever else might be in the works!
    There is a lot of work that goes into a good custom theme and the developers have to share the income with Mobihand and CB store. I can personally atest that this developer never puts out a theme until it has been thoroughly tested. He spends days recoded and testing his themes.
    You can spend $5 on 5 poorly made $.99 themes (and there are plenty of them available) OR pay $5 for one good theme.
    The difference in this theme and a lot of the other ones is that this theme is virtually flawless!
    it really is a lot of work, i mean its not just an overnight thought-to-creation production. for me it starts with the idea, i work on it in photoshop until everything looks and fits in as i want it, then you have to code it, do all of the icons, get all the images in the right place, and test it on the device. i also dont release it till ive used it on my phone for several days at least, as this allows me to fine tune every aspect that i can. it takes at least a week for me. i dont like to rush it. and thats before even supporting other devices, when you start supporting other devices, you have to recode, and resize images. its a whole process. but i'd rather do it thoroughly and be proud of the product than cut corners or just slap together a couple changes for some quick cash. i wouldnt feel right about doing that. i make themes that i would use for a long period of time, that i think will improve how i use the device, and i am very detail-oriented about graphics

i put a lot of time into these themes, and i think for the price you get a lot. i mean there are other devs who charge up to $7 for themes, and dont always offer the same level of customization.

so, in short, its always great to hear when the hard work is noticed and appreciated, so thanks guys!

I guess I wanted the custom icons as well but thought by the looks of them they were OS 5 icons.... Ooh well still an awsome theme.
    glad you like the theme!
    what do you mean by os5 icons? the icons are either os6 (default for torch) or my custom white icons. there shouldnt be any os5 icons.
    let me know and ill help you out with this

there will be an update soon for the black versions just to fix the settings icon text having invisible font (ill post when its up) and later in the week hopefully i will figure out the landscape user-defineable wallpaper code and will release that as well.
    hoping to have Metro for the Torch out next week!

thanks everyone for the feedback!

bbt
    10-26-10 03:16 PM
    This is only the second Torch theme I've paid for and I'm quite pleased with it. There's a bit of a learning curve to using it but not too bad. It's a shame theme builder won't allow my custom wallpaper to be used in landscape mode. I'd prefer to not have the beach scene since I got a nice pic of my little girl and it trips up my OCD since my baby and the beach do not juxtapose well.
    I like having the profiles in the top banner and I like the bottom banner, too, as I like to put BerryWeather there.
    This is one of the best themes I've used thus far and it was worth the $5.

To anyone who has an issue with buying a theme, it's simple, just don't buy it. There are many premium themes posted in this section that I think are pure crap but I don't ever post in those threads. I vote by not buying. As this topic has been debated endlessly over the past few years it seems hardly the place to dredge it up again. Besides, you never know when a theme builder will offer a great theme for a deep discount or when CB may give away a bunch of copies for free. You don't HAVE to pay for a theme. Just move on.
    10-26-10 03:42 PM
    I just misunderstood the purchase page. I thought the original was OS6 icons while the plain was custom. Not a huge deal just my own mistake
    10-26-10 04:42 PM
    I finally bought the theme and it's absolutely great! It's great that you're taking time to listen to the requests and questions that people have about the theme and that really sets you apart from some the other theme builders who seem to do their job halfway and leave it at that. Great work!

I agree about someone else's suggestion about whether or not it'd be possible to have more than 8 icons on the dock since it can slide. It does seem a bit odd that we have to slide to see all of the last icon. It's a minor problem and it doesn't bug me much so I'm good either way.

It's great that you're taking the time to look into the possibility of user selectable wallpapers for landscape. I hope you come up with something that'll let it be user selectable. The stock theme crops the portrait wallpaper to fit and I wouldn't be opposed to that being a remedy though I'm sure some of the others on here might not like that.

Thanks for a great theme! Keep up the great work!
    10-26-10 06:58 PM
149 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD