check out berryfication editor rezn's review of SLATE here!
    bbt's SLATE by bbt Designs | Berryfication Theme of the Week!

Hey everyone!

SLATE has been out for a while now, but I'm excited to say I just got it ported to the Torch! Everything is working, including the today area (hideable) and full landscape support!

thanks goes to tellsells for his great help in testing, could not have done this without him!

Slate has some features I think you'll enjoy, and was entirely handcoded, so even with all the moving elements (like the today area) and icons on the homescreen, SLATE runs incredibly smooth.
    some unique features:
    FULL landscape support!
    8 icon hideable dock + 1 slot for weather next to the clock (6 icon dock in landscape)
    9 today item previews on homescreen in portrait, 5 in landscape (portrait - 4 calendar, 3 sms/mms, 2 messages | landscape - 2 calendar, 2 sms/mms, 1 messages)
    options panel that allows you to customize or hide banners (see navigation preview below)
    hideable weather slot, dock, banners and today area via hidden buttons (see last screenshot below)
    highly adaptable and wallpaper friendly
    available with os6 icons or custom icons (see screens)
    no transitions
    handcoded svg for optimal performance, no lag, just smooth!
    So here is SLATE!

Hidden shortcuts:
    • Notifications icons goes to Messages
    • Battery goes to Options
    • Clock goes to Clock
    • Signal goes to Manage Connections
    • Profiles icon goes to Profiles

And SLATE comes in multiple versions!
    • Blacked out with original icons
    • Normal with original icons
    • Blacked out with OS6 icons
    • Normal with OS6 icons

Links are up!

[NOTE:]
    *If you use Social Feeds, I suggest getting the Normal versions (NON-Black) for best visibility*

let me know what you think!
    And feel free to post screenshots!

Enjoy!
    bbt

**remember to do a battery pull to make sure it performs as intended!**
    Last edited by blackberrytourer; 03-14-11 at 04:42 PM.
    10-24-10 07:28 PM
    I don't know how BBT did it but this is the first Torch theme that is not "buggy" at all in both portrait and landscape.
    It has a hideable weather slot, hideable homescreen icons, full today features that are also hideable, and homescreen docks that have color choices and degree of transparency.
    As mentioned, the theme is flawless:

Last edited by tellsells; 10-25-10 at 06:57 AM.
    10-24-10 10:10 PM
    Hi

Just purchased theme and love it, 1 problem tho my calendar icon is not skinned? Its still the regular icon. And when I put landscape mode would it be possible to make it user customizable? Or if not make all black?

Vince

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-10 04:20 AM
    This looks great! Normally the inability to use the touchpad would bother me, but I just might pass it up for this. Are the icons on the dock customizable? Can I put other apps on there other than the ones pictured above?
    10-25-10 04:26 AM
    This looks great! Normally the inability to use the touchpad would bother me, but I just might pass it up for this. Are the icons on the dock customizable? Can I put other apps on there other than the ones pictured above?
    All of the icons are user defined. Slot 1 on the app screen is for the weather (at the bottom right of the homescreen) and slots 2 through 9 are your choice.
    10-25-10 06:23 AM
    I had BBT's "Metro" for my Bold 9000 so when I saw this theme last night I grabbed it without hesitation. It's awesome, and has met every one of my high expectations from this talented developer.

Great work BBT! I look forward to your next creation!

10-25-10 07:02 AM
    how do I get those pictures TELLSELLS I just got this app I like it I just want to be able to change homescreen pictures, please let me know.

Thanks
    10-25-10 09:18 AM
    Here you go:

10-25-10 10:04 AM
    Quick question to those who have purchase the black version, are social feeds readable? I need to scroll over each one to see what they wrote due to the black. The name and time show up in white but the actual status is in black. And a dumb question...how do I get to the option to change the tint? Thanks
    10-25-10 10:18 AM
    Quick question to those who have purchase the black version, are social feeds readable? I need to scroll over each one to see what they wrote due to the black. The name and time show up in white but the actual status is in black. And a dumb question...how do I get to the option to change the tint? Thanks
    I can't answer your first question as I deleted my social feeds.
    But the tint works by tapping the screen just above the clock. The dock slides out and the top 3 circles are % of transparency for the black tint and the bottom three circles change the black tint to blue, red, or purple. So if you want purple with a medium transparency you tap the purple circle first and then tap the middle circle. If you want no top dock and no clock dock highlights you then tap the middle circle with a line through it. You then tap the top left side to bring the icons back to the dock and tap there again if you want the icon dock to disappear.
    It's very ingenious and works very well once you get the hang of it.
    10-25-10 11:13 AM
    I downloaded last night, it is a nice theme. A couple questions, is the battery percentage only supposed to show one number? Also how do I get the custom icons? Thanks.
    10-25-10 11:19 AM
    I downloaded last night, it is a nice theme. A couple questions, is the battery percentage only supposed to show one number? Also how do I get the custom icons? Thanks.
    The battery only shows one number. So it shows 9 when the percentage is between 80-90%, and 8 when it is between 70-80%, etc.

Did you do a battery pull after downloading the theme? If you bought the custom icon version a battery pull is necessary. (In fact, a battery pull is necessary after downloading any new theme.)
    10-25-10 11:26 AM
    I can't answer your first question as I deleted my social feeds.
    But the tint works by tapping the screen just above the clock. The dock slides out and the top 3 circles are % of transparency for the black tint and the bottom three circles change the black tint to blue, red, or purple. So if you want purple with a medium transparency you tap the purple circle first and then tap the middle circle. If you want no top dock and no clock dock highlights you then tap the middle circle with a line through it. You then tap the top left side to bring the icons back to the dock and tap there again if you want the icon dock to disappear.
    It's very ingenious and works very well once you get the hang of it.
    Thanks so much! I was able to change it and love it! This is really an incredible theme. Really loving it. Hopefully the themer will see my question about the social feeds. Great wallpapers by the way!
    10-25-10 11:35 AM
    Thanks so much! I was able to change it and love it! This is really an incredible theme. Really loving it. Hopefully the themer will see my question about the social feeds. Great wallpapers by the way!
    I think this is the best Torch theme out there (and I've tried a bunch of them!)
    I am sure that BBT will be on line later today to answer your social feeds question, but I like the regular version (it has white menus) with the original icons.
    FYI, I believe he plans to try to make his Metro theme next for the Torch!
    10-25-10 11:48 AM

Girly but lovin it! Excellent theme!

10-25-10 12:10 PM
    Hi Tellsell,

Could you advise how come my calendar icon is still default? I purchased the "original Icon set", and regarding the landscape mode is it possible to make it user default? if not woudl it be possible to make a black / dark wallpaper for landscape. Also I noticed the new message notification on the side and the weather app gets a little cut off. Other than that overall great theme! thanks
    10-25-10 12:44 PM
    Hi, love the theme, but have a couple of questions:
    1) Instead of a weather dock at the bottom right corner, i have a calendar icon. How can I change this to weather?
    2) I bought the black version, and noticed that when you type in text in the universal search field, it is black on black and cannot see what you are typing. How can I fix this?
    3) How do you change the wallpaper for landscape mode?

Thanks!
    10-25-10 12:54 PM
    I don't know how BBT did it but this is the first Torch theme that is not "buggy" at all in both portrait and landscape.
    It has a hideable weather slot, hideable homescreen icons, full today features that are also hideable, and homescreen docks that have color choices and degree of transparency.
    As mentioned, the theme is flawless
    youre the best mike! thanks so much for all your help

Hi
    Just purchased theme and love it, 1 problem tho my calendar icon is not skinned? Its still the regular icon. And when I put landscape mode would it be possible to make it user customizable? Or if not make all black?
    Vince
    hey vky,
    the reason i kept the calendar icon the same was because it now updates with the date, and if it would have been out of place if i had tried to make it fit into one of my icons. if you mean customize the landscape wallpaper, that doesnt appear to be possible just yet, at least i dont have any control over this. i would have put a black wallpaper in, but custom wallpapers for the torch in landscape apparently cause graphical glitches, so i didnt want to mess with that.

thanks ichigo! i do hope the official theme builder 6 will support touchpad, but im not sure it will (touchpad and touchscreen would have to have different code, which would conflict, so it would probably be too complicated)

All of the icons are user defined. Slot 1 on the app screen is for the weather (at the bottom right of the homescreen) and slots 2 through 9 are your choice.
    I had BBT's "Metro" for my Bold 9000 so when I saw this theme last night I grabbed it without hesitation. It's awesome, and has met every one of my high expectations from this talented developer.
    Great work BBT! I look forward to your next creation!
    thank you! it means a lot to hear such appreciation
    hopefully i will have metro out at the end of this week or next for the torch as well!

hey claudia, i cannot verify the social feeds on black versions, simply because i do not have a torch to test on (wish i did!). however if it is not readable and you would like it swapped to white, i will gladly do that for you! just send me an email at [email protected] with your order number and ill swap it out for you

I think this is the best Torch theme out there (and I've tried a bunch of them!)
    I am sure that BBT will be on line later today to answer your social feeds question, but I like the regular version (it has white menus) with the original icons.
    FYI, I believe he plans to try to make his Metro theme next for the Torch!
    thanks man! couldnt have happened without your help
    and i am indeed planning that, hopefully by the end of the week!

Girly but lovin it! Excellent theme!
    lookin good! that wallpaper looks great with that customization, good color combination!

remember if the black version has any issues, dont hesitate to ask for a version swap to the white version, just send me an email to [email protected] with your order number and ill take care of it

thanks for the feedback everyone!
    glad youre enjoying the theme

bbt
    10-25-10 01:07 PM
    Hi Tellsell,
    Could you advise how come my calendar icon is still default? I purchased the "original Icon set", and regarding the landscape mode is it possible to make it user default? if not woudl it be possible to make a black / dark wallpaper for landscape. Also I noticed the new message notification on the side and the weather app gets a little cut off. Other than that overall great theme! thanks
    hey vky, check my post above, answered most of the questions! as for the weather being cut off by a few pixels on the right, appears it is not a theme issue, check tellsells' post right below for the fix!

Hi, love the theme, but have a couple of questions:
    1) Instead of a weather dock at the bottom right corner, i have a calendar icon. How can I change this to weather?
    2) I bought the black version, and noticed that when you type in text in the universal search field, it is black on black and cannot see what you are typing. How can I fix this?
    3) How do you change the wallpaper for landscape mode?
    Thanks!
    1 - the icon in the "weather slot" in the bottom right hand corner reflects whatever icon you place in the first slot in your application screen. so if you put a weather app (like berryweather), it will show a weather icon
    2 - just figured out why i'm going to update the torch black versions to have white search fields, this will fix this issue
    3 - not possible, unfortunately its just like the storm, RIM doesnt seem to allow users to customize the wallpaper in landscape mode

hope that helps!

bbt
    Last edited by blackberrytourer; 10-25-10 at 01:27 PM.
    10-25-10 01:12 PM
    If anyone is having problems with the weather icon being cut off you need to update to the latest beta version of BerryWeather which addresses this problem (but it is not a theme problem):

www.bellshare.com • View topic - Public Beta: BerryWeather 2.5 MR1
    Make sure you grab the OS 6 version!
    10-25-10 01:22 PM
    Thanks for answering my questions. I understand that you are constrained by the beta theme builder, but great job considering how buggy the theme builder has been!
    10-25-10 01:25 PM
    If anyone is having problems with the weather icon being cut off you need to update to the latest beta version of BerryWeather which addresses this problem (but it is not a theme problem):
    www.bellshare.com • View topic - Public Beta: BerryWeather 2.5 MR1
    Make sure you grab the OS 6 version!
    ah great! good to know there is a fix for that and its not just theme builder

Thanks for answering my questions. I understand that you are constrained by the beta theme builder, but great job considering how buggy the theme builder has been!
    no problem!

I just reuploaded new versions of SLATE BLACK that will better support the universal search function!

i didnt put out an email update since its so slight a fix
    let me know how it goes!

thanks guys,
    bbt
    10-25-10 01:31 PM
    I prefer dark screens and happy to see more themes that offer it. Also, awesome job on the theme.
    10-25-10 01:38 PM
    Ok, just downloaded the latest OS6 Black update, and the universal search text color issue has been resolved! Thanks again BBT. I know social feeds is not something everyone uses, but if you could fix the text color/highlighting issue here that would also be great...

One thing - even after downloading the latest version of Berryweather, the icon is still cut off at the bottom right. battery pull did not resolve this. Not your theme's issue, but just FYI.
    10-25-10 01:52 PM
    Here you go:

Thanks for sharing.
    10-25-10 02:56 PM
149 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD