changed devices in mobihand from when i purchased this for my 9700. looks great on the torch! i wish there was a way to keep the fonts to the one i set it to in option (i find arial size 7 looks the best on torch).. ah well! great theme
    12-08-10 10:26 AM
    Looks like an awesome theme just a little steep for me though.
    12-08-10 09:51 PM
    My bottom verdict is this theme is a must have. I have one gripe tho. I thought my background in my BBM chats supposed to be black because I'm using the metro black but its grey instead. How can I fix that?
    thanks vicious!
    i'm not sure how it works on the torch, but i know bbm is black on os5 devices. is there an option to set the layout of bbm in bbm settings? setting it to standard (not bubbles or stripes) sets it to black on os5. not sure if it's the same for torch. if not, it may not be skinnable. if you would like a swap to a white version (which will have black font on white background) i can get you a coupon for the difference as if you'd bought the bundle or refund black for white. just send me an email at [email protected] with your order number if you would like a swap

bug free...from what i can tell.....definite rock when it comes to themes....n the layout on landscape is perfect for my needs.....keep coming out with them!!!
    thankyou berryap! my new theme should be out soon!

BBT will have to confirm but from what I understand he has skinned every screen possible with a black background. Some screens have portions that developers can't touch.
    I think he mentioned this a few posts back.
    Still, never hurts to ask!
    yeah youre exactly right! also, be checking your email within the next couple days (hopefully!)

I created a post for a theme request and tellsells pointed me to this one. I have to be honest and say that I initially balked at the idea of paying for a theme (I've had a BB for YEARS and never even considered doing such a thing), but I bit the bullet on this one after checking out the pictures and reading the MANY favorable reviews. Great theme! Even a cheapskate like me says it's worth every penny. I have to recommend it.
    really means a lot jhunt. this is exactly why i create themes, to make the bb more functional and useful. after all, it is a phone! really means a lot to hear this

changed devices in mobihand from when i purchased this for my 9700. looks great on the torch! i wish there was a way to keep the fonts to the one i set it to in option (i find arial size 7 looks the best on torch).. ah well! great theme
    hey barrist, metro white should keep the font as global setting, if you'd like to swap out from black to white just send me an email [email protected] and we can work something out. glad youre enjoying the theme!

Looks like an awesome theme just a little steep for me though.
    look out for a sale within the next week. I will be putting slate and metro on sale for the holidays along with the release of my third theme!

Thanks everyone! Happy Holidays

Best,

Bbt
    12-10-10 01:49 AM
    look out for a sale within the next week. I will be putting slate and metro on sale for the holidays along with the release of my third theme!
    following up to this post, Metro and Slate are now on sale till the end of the year! And TINT has been released, soon to come for the torch

Hope everyone enjoys the holidays!

Best
    Bbt
    12-11-10 11:16 AM
    I just downloaded this theme and while I really do like the idea of it, it hasn't been working too well on my Torch. I downloaded the "Torch Colorful No Transitions Custom" in both black and white and I'm seeing a couple glitches that (to me) affect the usability of this theme.

First, whenever I come out of the lockscreen to the homescreen, my homescreen will have a calendar "today" list on the screen (note that I do not lock my screen with the calendar today list showing, I keep that hidden at all times, and the one that pops up is not the one that comes with the theme but just lines of text which cannot be selected). This calendar today overlay stays on until I tap on the screen or press escape. Secondly, my lockscreen wallpaper shows as the default wallpaper for this theme no matter what my homescreen wallpaper is.

I've done several battery pulls after switching to either Metro theme and I 'm still getting the same two glitches with both versions.

While I'm not knocking the work of this themer or the theme, I do love the idea behind the theme and appreciate the creativity and hard work from bbt, but the calendar bug alone makes this theme annoying for me to use as I have to either press the escape button or tap the screen to get rid of it before I can do anything else.

Anyone experience the same issues or have any guesses as to why my phone is behaving this way?
    12-21-10 05:16 AM
    I've been using metro and slate since they were released. Never have seen this or experienced it myself. I'm absolutely positive that if you shoot BBT an email he'll fix it for ya, or at least give you an idea as to why it's doing that. BBT is the one person I have personally dealt with that has a prompt and immediate response whenever I have emailed him.
    blackberrytourer likes this.
    12-21-10 08:06 AM
    Thanks homer, just did that.
    12-21-10 01:50 PM
    my lockscreen wallpaper shows as the default wallpaper for this theme no matter what my homescreen wallpaper is.
    The lock screen / default wallpaper issue is not a glitch with BBT's theme, but a glitch with Theme Builder 6. I've seen it mentioned in multiple threads.
    12-21-10 01:57 PM
    I just got this one and Slate. Like it a lot. Is this one the most resent one?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-10 10:06 AM
    i wish i would have found this thread earlier
    12-23-10 12:22 PM
    The lock screen / default wallpaper issue is not a glitch with BBT's theme, but a glitch with Theme Builder 6. I've seen it mentioned in multiple threads.
    just wanted to say thanks for all the help elite! check your email soon

I just got this one and Slate. Like it a lot. Is this one the most resent one?
    Yup this is the most recent version, if that's what you mean. Or do you mean is this my most recent theme? I am about to release TINT, a new theme, hopefully before the end of the year!

i wish i would have found this thread earlier
    Yeah, I wish mobihand allowed us to link in the product description, I would love to be able to put links to these cb forums on there, but it doesn't allow it

Hope everyone is enjoying their holidays!
    Look out for TINT for TORCH and STORM, coming soon!

Best,

Bbt
    12-26-10 12:37 PM
    Did anyone experience any lag using this theme? I have a torch and want to give this theme a test drive.

01-02-11 12:48 PM
    Did anyone experience any lag using this theme? I have a torch and want to give this theme a test drive.

I haven't! Very cool theme and the support is great! Any questions and they respond promptly!

01-02-11 02:29 PM
    amazing theme - been using slate until now...

my only issue is the font size in applications like 'messages' or 'sms' preview pages... its much larger then the rest...if only it were smaller.

currently using bbalpha sans condensed font size 6 and hate how programs like bb are one size yet everything else is another... sigh... in your other theme slate these screens tie into the size of whatever size font i choose, but in metro the fonts are much larger even though my font selection is 6.

and again if i could preview more then sms and calander in the today screen - but i know thats a theme builder option - so look forward to updates..
    Last edited by GrafixInk; 01-08-11 at 08:15 PM.
    01-06-11 04:32 PM
    hey so like 99% of the people here I love this theme. I had a BB a few years ago, switched to another phone, and just very recently have switched to a BB torch. Shall we say...my uh, disappointment in the quality and availability of apps for BB's (ill admit im mostly a mac person so im biased haha) seeing so many ways to customize my phone with themes and deciding that this theme was the one for me restored any lost faith haha.

I am very pleased with this theme (i probably downloaded about 15 free themes before this one and then caved..trust me it's worth the few extra dollars! lol). I am however having a couple problems which I'm pretty sure are not because of the theme, but may be my lack of knowledge in setting the right settings.

I read the "warning" about downloading the black version and went for it, couldnt resist - but i think the problem I'm having is, like I said, not related to the theme. Everything is working fine and I followed the set up instructions to the best of my ability, but I still find that the color scheme in my text message window has remained a different color (making the grey text difficult to read). Here's a screen cap of my text message screen that im talking about:

I'm guessing this may have something to do with setting permissions for certain applications? I'm just not sure what exactly to do to fix this.

my second, and minor issue is my home screen. I am very happy with how organized and sleek this theme makes my home page look:

I'm aware that on my torch I use touch sensative areas on the screen instead of keypad shortcuts (right?) but it would seem that because of this I have no way of locking the side and bottom bars in place. I would really like to be able to lock my screen so that it stays the way it looks in the picture above - is there a shortcut or command that I'm not aware of that can do this?

thanks.

Edit: forgot to mention - I had one verrry minor criticism about the design of the homepage-interface of this theme. Maybe it's just me, but it bothers me a bit that on the column on the right side has much more dark space below the 4 apps inside than on the top. In general I think the design, neatness, and the overall features of this theme are superb.
    Last edited by kapg12; 01-07-11 at 10:43 PM.
    01-07-11 10:37 PM
    I have an added issue - and imo its my biggest one..

I find if i leave my phone unattended for a few minutes and try to use the buttons on the homescreen I am unable to. It's like the homescreen is frozen... i physically have to either put it in landscape, slide phone open, or click the bb button then revert back to homescreen for the touch buttons to work.

This happens alot.

any way of fixing this? its to the point where I may not be able to continue using this as its such a re-occurring thing... and I'm not the only one with this issue as a buddy of mine has the exact same thign happen to him.

Running... white/no transitions/custom/blue

ive done countless battery pulls, hard resets, and soft resets.

few have same issue... :

I just noticed this. Sometimes after I switch the screen from portrait to landscape or vice versa the icons and everything else aren't responsive for a little while. Is anyone else experiencing this? I've done a battery pull and everything too.
    Hi BBT,

Not sure if its just my phone or something wrong with the theme? but I notice every once in a while when I try selecting one of the bottom 3 icons it does nothing, then I have to go back to the app screen to select. It kind of just freezes? Not sure if anyone else is having this effect?
    i have the slate theme and this does not happen in that....
    Last edited by GrafixInk; 01-08-11 at 07:41 PM.
    01-08-11 07:28 PM
    I have an added issue - and imo its my biggest one..

I find if i leave my phone unattended for a few minutes and try to use the buttons on the homescreen I am unable to. It's like the homescreen is frozen... i physically have to either put it in landscape, slide phone open, or click the bb button then revert back to homescreen for the touch buttons to work.

This happens alot.

any way of fixing this? its to the point where I may not be able to continue using this as its such a re-occurring thing... and I'm not the only one with this issue as a buddy of mine has the exact same thign happen to him.

Running... white/no transitions/custom/blue

ive done countless battery pulls, hard resets, and soft resets.
    same problem only im running white/no transitions/os6/blue

it sucks that this is happening , i will say one of the better themes ive used aside from text size's being diffrent and homscreen freeze........ i say , i say Mr. bbt please help a brother out
    01-08-11 07:39 PM
    amazing theme - been using slate until now...
    my only issue is the font size in applications
    hey grafixink

i'm guessing you are using the black version? this is just the way theme builder does it. theme builder only allows font to be customizable by the user if i leave it as default. however, when blacking out the OS like with the black versions of my themes, i have to change the color of the font so it will be visible on black background. once i change the color, the font can no longer be customized on the device. so what i do is choose a medium-sized font (not too large not too small). which is why i also offer white versions, since they have customizable font sizes

I am very pleased with this theme (i probably downloaded about 15 free themes before this one and then caved..trust me it's worth the few extra dollars! lol). I am however having a couple problems which I'm pretty sure are not because of the theme, but may be my lack of knowledge in setting the right settings.

I read the "warning" about downloading the black version and went for it, couldnt resist - but i think the problem I'm having is, like I said, not related to the theme. Everything is working fine and I followed the set up instructions to the best of my ability, but I still find that the color scheme in my text message window has remained a different color (making the grey text difficult to read). Here's a screen cap of my text message screen that im talking about:

my second, and minor issue is my home screen. I am very happy with how organized and sleek this theme makes my home page look. I would really like to be able to lock my screen so that it stays the way it looks in the picture above - is there a shortcut or command that I'm not aware of that can do this
    hey kapg12

for the text message grey font on white background, thats part of the torch os6 os. when skinning for black backgrounds, some parts of the os do not change the background to black; they stay white. sms is one of them. to make sure font is visible on both white and black backgrounds i have to set the font to grey.

as for locking the screen into place, this feature isnt built in. i think because all the hotspots are hidden it would make it more confusing to have them be able to be turned on/off collectively. i may however think about including this in a future theme where hotspots are not hidden but are controlled by visible images (show/hide buttons). i'll think about it!

I have an added issue - and imo its my biggest one..I find if i leave my phone unattended for a few minutes and try to use the buttons on the homescreen I am unable to. It's like the homescreen is frozen... i physically have to either put it in landscape, slide phone open, or click the bb button then revert back to homescreen for the touch buttons to work.
    hey grafixink,

unfortunately i have no control over this. i have set all the buttons etc to show when the phone is launched/when you rotate the screen etc, so unfortunately that sounds like something to do with the device/os6. you may be able to hover over something (press briefly but do not let go) and then try again, this may also reactivate the screen.

there are some bugs with os6 as this is a beta theme builder, perhaps when the official theme builder comes out such issues will be fixed, but as of now all of the issues above are out of my control; they're issues in the system.

hope this helps! let me know if you have any other questions, you can always email me at [email protected]!

thanks for the feedback everyone, glad to hear you're enjoying the theme!

bbt
    01-08-11 09:01 PM
    hey grafixink

i'm guessing you are using the black version? this is just the way theme builder does it. theme builder only allows font to be customizable by the user if i leave it as default. however, when blacking out the OS like with the black versions of my themes, i have to change the color of the font so it will be visible on black background. once i change the color, the font can no longer be customized on the device. so what i do is choose a medium-sized font (not too large not too small). which is why i also offer white versions, since they have customizable font sizes
    actually no - I only buy the white versions of themes... so unsure why its doing this still.
    01-10-11 07:21 AM
    Great work BBT! Best theme for Torch so far!! I purchased both black and white version. Themes work perfect on device! 100% love it.
    Can you please do me a little favour? I like the wallpapers you use for theme preview. Can I have them? =)
    Thanks in advance.
    01-12-11 08:14 AM
    Great work BBT! Best theme for Torch so far!! I purchased both black and white version. Themes work perfect on device! 100% love it.
    Can you please do me a little favour? I like the wallpapers you use for theme preview. Can I have them? =)
    Thanks in advance.
    Here's one of the WP's:

And if you like Metro you should also try BBT's Tint:
    bbt's TINT | Fast and flexible, with color - Themes BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    loveivs likes this.
    01-12-11 01:50 PM
    Here's one of the WP's:

And if you like Metro you should also try BBT's Tint:
    bbt's TINT | Fast and flexible, with color - Themes BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    Thanks mate!

I will have a look the "Tint", thanks again!
    01-12-11 07:53 PM
    Here's a blue version:

01-12-11 09:24 PM
    Ya Hoooo~

Cheers mate
    01-14-11 02:00 AM
    where can i dl those lovely wallpapers ?
    01-21-11 01:40 AM
129 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD