What are the shortcuts for the Torch? I can't seem to get them to work...
    11-05-10 01:37 PM
    If you're referring to the keyboard shortcuts you'd have to disable universal search or you'll end up searching instead of using the shortcuts you intend to.
    11-06-10 06:20 PM
    Bug in the Custom Black version for the Torch. When first installed, my weather app showed the high and low, in addition to the little icon next to it. After using, the hi/low disappeared, and I can't get it back. This updated version, doesn't have the wallpaper on the screens (except for homescreen) that you said it should have. Please advise.
    hey crackedangel. themes shouldnt conflict with the app in anyway. Are you sure the settings are the same? Try going into settings in your weather app and moving the weather badge, perhaps it is getting cut off. this seems to be an issue with torches.

im not sure what youre referring to about wallpapers. a lot of the wallpapers you see pictured in the screenshots are custom wallpapers (which can only be set in portrait view - RIM's limitation).

hope this helps, let me know!

Hi Guys
    I am relatively new, I just got my blackberry torch and its awesome, this would be the first skin I purchased and I have to say to op I am very impressed. I do have some questions regarding this skin.

Second I purchased Metro_White_BT_OS6.zip and i got the default OS 6 icons I was wondering if I can get the original icons?
    Thanks Chinmonkie
    hey chinmonkie! thanks so much Really glad you're enjoying it

send me an email to [email protected] letting me know your order number and the version youd like to get yours swapped to, and ill take care of that for you no problem.

I just noticed this. Sometimes after I switch the screen from portrait to landscape or vice versa the icons and everything else aren't responsive for a little while. Is anyone else experiencing this? I've done a battery pull and everything too.
    Ive heard this is an issue with the torch. i was told switching the orientation of the device (to landscape and then to portrait or vice versa) will fix the hangup, or as other users say you can lock the orientation.. but I really dont have any control over this.

remember that the torch version relies on hidden hotspots to control the hide/show features of the theme, not keyboard shortcuts (thats for non-touch versions). the touch navigation screenshot will show you the location of all the hotspots

--
    I want to thank all the guys on here that are helpin each other out, it really helps as i'm not always able to get on here as much as I would like.

so thanks so much for your help, i will remember this

thanks for the feedback, and i hope i answered everything. if i didnt, it's most likely it is an unfixable issue (out of my control) or i do not yet have an answer.

hope everyone is enjoying the theme!
    thanks so much,

Bbt
    11-07-10 01:34 AM
    I want to thank all the guys on here that are helpin each other out, it really helps as i'm not always able to get on here as much as I would like.

so thanks so much for your help, i will remember this

thanks for the feedback, and i hope i answered everything. if i didnt, it's most likely it is an unfixable issue (out of my control) or i do not yet have an answer.

hope everyone is enjoying the theme!
    thanks so much,

Bbt
    No problem BBT! I'm always glad to help. Hopefully things improve with the full non-beta release of the theme builder, but in lieu of the beta builder's problems you've managed to do a great job. I look forward to whatever you have to offer in the future.
    11-07-10 03:01 AM
    this has to be the best theme i have ever purchased!! haven't taken it off once.
    11-07-10 07:10 AM
    Originally Posted by CrackedAngel
    Bug in the Custom Black version for the Torch. When first installed, my weather app showed the high and low, in addition to the little icon next to it. After using, the hi/low disappeared, and I can't get it back. This updated version, doesn't have the wallpaper on the screens (except for homescreen) that you said it should have. Please advise.
    Hey C.A.

I use the weather network app and I have noticed this as well. I have a feeling it is an issue with the app itself. Some times the text info is beside the weather icon and other times is it not. If you have used your weather app last the text info will show up in the icon text panel just above the botton icon dock. I also noticed that if I gently touch the weather icon it wont open the app but make the text will show up in that panel. #8 on the screen shot in the first post. It gets frustrating sometimes but not enough for me to drop 10 bucks on berry weather. I am waiting for it to go on sale,
    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by orpflog; 11-07-10 at 08:16 AM.
    11-07-10 08:08 AM
    Hey C.A.

I use the weather network app and I have noticed this as well. I have a feeling it is an issue with the app itself. Some times the text info is beside the weather icon and other times is it not. If you have used your weather app last the text info will show up in the icon text panel just above the botton icon dock. I also noticed that if I gently touch the weather icon it wont open the app but make the text will show up in that panel. #8 on the screen shot in the first post. It gets frustrating sometimes but not enough for me to drop 10 bucks on berry weather. I am waiting for it to go on sale,
    Hope this helps.
    There is no problem with this theme regarding the weather slot. It is designed to give you weather text at the bottom (as seen in screenshot):

If you gently swipe the weather icon you will get the text. If you hold the weather icon it will open up BerryWeather (this theme was tested with BerryWeather so I don't know if other weather apps work differently but I doubt it.)
    11-07-10 08:35 AM
    Tellsells,
    I think CrackedAngel was refering to the actual temperature showing up below\beside the icon. See how you have a numeral below your icon 45 deg??.
    This appears sporadically with the weather network icon.
    11-07-10 08:41 AM
    Tellsells,
    I think CrackedAngel was refering to the actual temperature showing up below\beside the icon. See how you have a numeral below your icon 45 deg??.
    This appears sporadically with the weather network icon.
    Gotcha.
    As mentioned, this theme was tested extensively with the most popular weather app-BerryWeather. You all should get it, as it's by far the best weather app with the most options!
    11-07-10 08:44 AM
    Adding to tellsells' post, Bellshare has been releasing a series of public-beta versions that have fixed some of the issues with the icon size, plus offering a few dozen different iconsets now.

@CrackedAngel, if BW is your weather app, try upgrading to this higher version (currently 2.5.51):
    www.bellshare.com • View topic - Public Beta: BerryWeather 2.5 MR1

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-10 12:11 PM
    I've been trying to pinpoint what's causing battery drain on my Torch since I updated to .337. Everyone says battery life is better than that on .246, but I haven't had the luck to experience this and I'm getting an annoying level of battery drain.

I doubt it's Metro, but it never hurts to check. How's battery life for those of you running .337?
    11-08-10 07:47 PM
    I've been trying to pinpoint what's causing battery drain on my Torch since I updated to .337. Everyone says battery life is better than that on .246, but I haven't had the luck to experience this and I'm getting an annoying level of battery drain.

I doubt it's Metro, but it never hurts to check. How's battery life for those of you running .337?
    I am on .337 and I have no excessive battery drain with Metro. I am now at 45% after taking it off the charger early this morning. And today was an extremely busy phone day (at least 3 hours of calls today plus internet).
    And I do not see any difference in battery life on .337 as compared to .284 and .225.

And I have tested Metro with transitions and without transitions and have found no difference in battery life with either version.
    Last edited by tellsells; 11-08-10 at 08:53 PM.
    11-08-10 08:51 PM
    I am on .337 and I have no excessive battery drain with Metro. I am now at 45% after taking it off the charger early this morning. And today was an extremely busy phone day (at least 3 hours of calls today plus internet).
    And I do not see any difference in battery life on .337 as compared to .284 and .225.

And I have tested Metro with transitions and without transitions and have found no difference in battery life with either version.
    Thanks for your reply Tellsells. I'm glad that rules this out Metro as a possibility. Guess I'll do a bit more digging around to see what's up.
    11-08-10 09:55 PM
    I've been using metro exclusively since it was launched(absolutly love this theme), back when we were all running .246. No extra battery issues for me with this theme or .337 for that matter.
    11-09-10 01:35 PM
    I guess the rest of you have had better luck than me ! Mine was very sluggish even after battery pulls ! Reverted to another theme for now !
    11-09-10 06:49 PM
    I guess the rest of you have had better luck than me ! Mine was very sluggish even after battery pulls ! Reverted to another theme for now !
    There's plenty of posts and lots of people who have purchased this theme and there's been no one else with this problem using this theme.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-10 09:21 PM
    It works great for me and my battery lasts all day long with heavy usage. I upgraded to .337 a couple days ago and it may last a little longer now. This is an awesome theme and BBT was a pleasure to deal with. I purchased QL and BerryWeather just to use them with Metro. My Torch rocks now. Thanks BBT!
    11-09-10 11:45 PM
    I'm noticing that when I get a message, the indicator cuts off. any fix to this? great job as usual.

11-10-10 12:24 PM
    I'm noticing that when I get a message, the indicator cuts off. any fix to this? great job as usual.

This has been an issue since the first release and no matter where the message indicator is located(bottom or side dock). Been posted about a couple times but BBT has yet to either notice the posts or it cant be fixed at the moment.
    11-10-10 04:23 PM
    This has been an issue since the first release and no matter where the message indicator is located(bottom or side dock). Been posted about a couple times but BBT has yet to either notice the posts or it cant be fixed at the moment.
    He's aware of the glitch but this themebuilder has limited what he can do to get all icons showing properly. If he fixed the message indicator than he would sacrifice the look of the icons. He decided to leave the message indicator slightly cut off rather than reducing the size of the icons themselves.
    Hopefully there will be a new version of themebuilder coming out soon and that's when there will be a fix.
    11-10-10 05:31 PM
    He's aware of the glitch but this themebuilder has limited what he can do to get all icons showing properly. If he fixed the message indicator than he would sacrifice the look of the icons. He decided to leave the message indicator slightly cut off rather than reducing the size of the icons themselves.
    Hopefully there will be a new version of themebuilder coming out soon and that's when there will be a fix.
    Cool, that's why i said "he either hadn't noticed it or it couldn't be fixed yet". I figured it was something to do with the theme builder, but nothing from BBT so wasn't sure if he just wasn't aware of it.
    11-11-10 06:58 AM
    Hello,
    I just purchased the bundle that contains both black and white Metro. I love both of them and I am very pleased !!!!
    11-12-10 01:17 PM
    Hi,
    I've just purchased the bundle but after downloading twice and three battery pulls the themes are not showing in the theme area, and thus I cannot activate them!!!
    They are showing in the application area so I've defo downloaded them.

Torch 9800 with .337 OS leak.

Could do with some help here as I've paid for these themes and would really like to use them (obviously)

Anyone else have this problem???
    11-13-10 03:40 PM

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Still enjoying this theme a lot.
    Running great! I have had no issues.
    I had BBT do some customizing for me.
    Mainly increasing the font size and doing a few cosmetic changes for me.
    Having the font size increased is a big plus.... no more readers.
    Big up BBT!!!... I appreciate the time you took and your patience with me.
    Thanks!!
    11-14-10 11:11 AM
    Cool, that's why i said "he either hadn't noticed it or it couldn't be fixed yet". I figured it was something to do with the theme builder, but nothing from BBT so wasn't sure if he just wasn't aware of it.
    yeah, i said earlier if i hadnt answered something it's cuz i probably didn't have an answer, but i probably should have elaborated. tellsells got it though, if i was to fix it it would just create another problem with the icon sizing. its strange why the notification is using the same box as the icons.. it should be separate, hoping the official themebuilder release fixes this!

Hello,
    I just purchased the bundle that contains both black and white Metro. I love both of them and I am very pleased !!!!
    thanks jr! glad to hear that

just wanted to say thanks mike

Hi,
    I've just purchased the bundle...
    just wanted to say we got this resolved, it was just a mix up in the ordering, crackberry gave the wrong versions for your device so i just swapped them to the correct ones.

Still enjoying this theme a lot.
    Running great! I have had no issues.
    I had BBT do some customizing for me.
    Mainly increasing the font size and doing a few cosmetic changes for me.
    Having the font size increased is a big plus.... no more readers.
    Big up BBT!!!... I appreciate the time you took and your patience with me.
    Thanks!!
    no problem man! glad we could work out a good version for you, it looks great

thanks for the feedback everyone!

Bbt
    11-14-10 10:30 PM
129 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD