A couple days with it and I'm absolutely in love with this theme. I'm keeping this for sure.

There are a couple of issues I've noticed though that were also present in Slate. If I open the calendar/text messages then move the Torch as to reorient the screen then turn it back again the display for events or messages end up being partly blank. I think I read this was a limitation with the beta theme builder or a glitch of some sort, but I thought I should bring it up if I'm mistaken. I also notice that the little asterisk for notifications is cut off a bit if they pop up on icons on the home page. Is there anything you can do about this?

It's a bit nitpicky of me to even mention these, but when a theme is so great it's hard to find anything major.
    I don't have the calender/text message issue but do have the asterisk icon on my folders issue side bar and bottom bar. I did post about it on my first post in this thread, but it seems as though it got skipped over or can't be fixed. It's not a huge deal as only just a small bit gets cut off and I can still notice the asterisk on the folder.

Only other thing I have noticed is after a reboot(I have auto on/off set for every day) that the theme does not remember my settings, as in the overlay for the clock and folders. I have to dismiss it every time.
    Again not a huge deal but don't know if it's supposed to work that way or not.

Overall I love this theme way more then slate. Great work again BBT, can't wait for your next theme that is a mix of slate and metro.
    Now my only problem is I keep switching themes so much I forget how the phone is supposed to function, i forget if i click here to bring that up or press here for that... lmao
    Last edited by homer1475; 11-03-10 at 08:56 AM.
    11-03-10 07:45 AM
    Ok. I love this them does anyone know where I can get the wallpaper it comes with.....the one with the highway and the blurred lights it looks real good....if anyone has it please post it or send it to [email protected] thank you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-10 01:09 PM

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I really like this theme.
    Still playing around with app placement but otherwise the theme has been running great.
    I have asked bbt about some custom font sizes and he has been very responsive and helpful...great customer support !
    Last edited by orpflog; 11-03-10 at 08:30 PM.
    11-03-10 08:05 PM
    Hi Guys

I am relatively new, I just got my blackberry torch and its awesome, this would be the first skin I purchased and I have to say to op I am very impressed. I do have some questions regarding this skin.

First, I noticed that there was a weather pa support but I am pretty sure there is no native weather torch AP, so my question to everyone is which AP do you guys use - Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated

Second I purchased Metro_White_BT_OS6.zip and i got the default OS 6 icons I was wondering if I can get the original icons?

Thanks Chinmonkie
    11-03-10 08:43 PM
    This is a great theme. I've been using it for a week and it is flawless. Lots of options including hideable weather, hideable docks, etc:

Black Colorful Version with Custom Icons:

These are great wallpapers, mind sharing them?!

Thanks
    11-03-10 09:07 PM
    First, I noticed that there was a weather pa support but I am pretty sure there is no native weather torch AP, so my question to everyone is which AP do you guys use - Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Chinmonkie
    Berryweather or BeWeather, as you might see it be called, works great. It's up for $10, but it regularly goes on sale for $5 on Mobihand and the Crackberry store. It lets you choose icon sets and it looks great. You won't be disappointed if you get it.
    11-03-10 09:38 PM
    I just noticed this. Sometimes after I switch the screen from portrait to landscape or vice versa the icons and everything else aren't responsive for a little while. Is anyone else experiencing this? I've done a battery pull and everything too.
    11-04-10 04:01 AM
    Hi Guys

Thanks Chinmonkie
    Berryweather or Beweather, beweather is a free version of the 10$ berryweather. I personally like the free version better then the pay version. Bought the app then switched back to the free version. lol
    11-04-10 06:47 AM
    I just noticed this. Sometimes after I switch the screen from portrait to landscape or vice versa the icons and everything else aren't responsive for a little while. Is anyone else experiencing this? I've done a battery pull and everything too.
    I have noticed this, but now I orientation lock my home screen.
    Only other minor thing I have noticed is the clock/folders/app underlays on the home screen always show back up after a while and its hard to dismiss them. I had to check back to this thread to see if I was touching in the right place to hide them. Seems I was, just wasn't working correctly. Could be the upgrade to .284 cause I have noticed some other minor touchscreen/trackpad things in this build that requires double touching/pressing.
    11-04-10 06:53 AM

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I really like this theme.
    Still playing around with app placement but otherwise the theme has been running great.
    I have asked bbt about some custom font sizes and he has been very responsive and helpful...great customer support !
    I really like the picture you have on this background. Where did you get it from?

11-04-10 08:36 AM
    Berryweather or Beweather, beweather is a free version of the 10$ berryweather. I personally like the free version better then the pay version. Bought the app then switched back to the free version. lol
    Hi, I just wanted to correct/clarify this for anyone unfamiliar with this app.

BerryWeather and BeWeather are the same app by developer Bellshare. The app is BeWeather in App World, as App World does not allow apps the have "Berry" in their title. (Same goes for other Bellshare apps: BerryBuzz is BeBuzz in App World, BerryPopup is BePopup, etc)

In App World there is also a BeWeather Free. Many of the premium app's features are removed from BW Free, such as a Home Screen notification icon and the ability to customize the Home Screen with BW info & icon.

From both App World and Mobihand (aka CB Superstore) you can try the full-featured premium BW with a free 7-day trial.

11-04-10 09:21 AM
    Same here, I also did couple battery pulls and nothing.
    11-04-10 01:05 PM
    What is the difference between:

Torch Blue with Transitions OS6 (BlackBerry OS 6.0 Touch Screen)
    &
    Torch Blue with Transitions Custom (BlackBerry OS 6.0 Touch Screen)

?
    11-04-10 06:59 PM
    What are people talking about when they mention locking the home screen orientation to portrait?
    11-04-10 07:39 PM
    DJShAdo...

Check your pm..
    11-04-10 07:42 PM
    Hi, I just wanted to correct/clarify this for anyone unfamiliar with this app.

BerryWeather and BeWeather are the same app by developer Bellshare. The app is BeWeather in App World, as App World does not allow apps the have "Berry" in their title. (Same goes for other Bellshare apps: BerryBuzz is BeBuzz in App World, BerryPopup is BePopup, etc)

In App World there is also a BeWeather Free. Many of the premium app's features are removed from BW Free, such as a Home Screen notification icon and the ability to customize the Home Screen with BW info & icon.

From both App World and Mobihand (aka CB Superstore) you can try the full-featured premium BW with a free 7-day trial.

Just to clarify the free to the pay version of Beweather/Berryweather( I thought beweather was the free version, didn't know about the app world deal).

The free version(not 3 day trial) has the ability to leave a home screen icon as well as temperature badge and icon title. All of that stuff is the same as the pay version.

It does not however allow for the notification area temperature badge or home screen wallpaper, or any of the radar stuff, or some of the actual app views when switching to it. I have used both and still prefer the free version. What I use it for, the pay version had way to many options.

Sorry if I'm stepping on your toes Elite, I know you have been around here for a while, but it may have been a while since you last used the free version and maybe it has changed some? Can't really say as I used to use weatherbug(pos) previously.
    Last edited by homer1475; 11-04-10 at 08:24 PM.
    11-04-10 08:20 PM
    What are people talking about when they mention locking the home screen orientation to portrait?
    Using a third party app to lock your home screen into portrait mode. IE no landscape mode from the home screen. Personally six tools does the job quite easily for me.
    11-04-10 08:27 PM
    What is the difference between:

Torch Blue with Transitions OS6 (BlackBerry OS 6.0 Touch Screen)
    &
    Torch Blue with Transitions Custom (BlackBerry OS 6.0 Touch Screen)

?
    Torch blue uses the standard blue highlighting for selected menu items. The OS6 version uses the standard OS6 icons while the Custom version uses the custom icons you see in the pictures on the first post in this thread.

Personally I really like the custom version. They complement the theme very well no matter what wallpaper you use.
    11-04-10 09:12 PM
    I'm not sure if someone's already mentioned this about Metro, but on the Application Permissions pop up some of the text is black and can't be read with the black highlight. It'd be great if it be made gray or something that'd be easier to read. Again it's not a deal breaker or anything, but it'd be a nice fix.
    11-04-10 10:00 PM
    These are great wallpapers, mind sharing them?!

Thanks
    Here you go:

11-05-10 12:04 AM
    Are the Storm 2 wallpaper dimensions the same as for the Torch?
    Can I use all my old Storm wallpapers on my new Torch?
    11-05-10 01:43 AM
    Are the Storm 2 wallpaper dimensions the same as for the Torch?
    Can I use all my old Storm wallpapers on my new Torch?
    The resolution's the same (360x480) so you shouldn't have any problems using the wallpapers you had on your Storm.
    11-05-10 03:58 AM
    The resolution's the same (360x480) so you shouldn't have any problems using the wallpapers you had on your Storm.
    Thank you
    11-05-10 04:42 AM
    Yep, quite right. I have numerous "Storm" wallpapers. As long as it's 360x480 it's a perfect fit.

In CB's Downloads Section, if you go to the free wallpaper gallery, selecting Torch or Storm takes you to the same 360x480 wallpaper collection.

11-05-10 04:48 AM
    Yep, quite right. I have numerous "Storm" wallpapers. As long as it's 360x480 it's a perfect fit.

In CB's Downloads Section, if you go to the free wallpaper gallery, selecting Torch or Storm takes you to the same 360x480 wallpaper collection.

Good to know guys, thanks. Because I have a ton of Storm wallpapers.
    11-05-10 09:43 AM
129 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD