check out berryfication editor rezn's review of v2.0 here!
    bbt’s Metro White|Black v2.0 by bbt Designs | Berryfication

thanks again rezn!

And thanks to Tellsells for being incredibly responsive and helpful in testing and fine tuning this theme for the 9800!

some unique features:
    • nearly everything on the homescreen is hideable, making Metro highly customizable and wallpaper friendly!
    • the dock icon text can be hidden
    • the today area can be hidden
    • the dock can be hidden
    • the weather icon (slot 1) can be hidden
    • custom flash animation on focus of homescreen icons (the box around the icon flashes and then stays visible)

so here it is, Metro!

homescreen items are selectable:
    • battery = options
    • profiles = profiles
    • signal = manage connections
    • clock = clock
    • messages = messages

see navigation screenshot for all hospots and shortcuts

And with the Metro bundle, your device can adapt to your lifestyle!

**Metro White's use of black text on white background for menus and popups makes it ideal for use in bright daylight.

**Metro Black is easier on the eyes, with smooth grey fonts on black background, it's ideal for use at night or in dark settings (e.g. cinemas or lowlit parties)

I worked very hard to make this theme work perfectly, I hope you all enjoy it!

Links are up!

[NOTE:]
    *Exclusive to the torch - Metro with default OS6 icons!*
    *If you use Social Feeds, I suggest getting the Normal versions (NON-Black) for best visibility*
    *Custom Torch themes do not support trackpad use on homescreen (this is out of my control)*

if you are on a mobile device, go to themes>bundles to access the bundle (should be within the first 3 pages)

let me know what you think!
    And feel free to post screenshots!

Enjoy!
    Bbt

**please do a battery pull after installing a new theme!**
    Last edited by blackberrytourer; 10-31-10 at 08:49 PM.
    jhunt2 likes this.
    10-31-10 08:13 PM
    1st....wow
    10-31-10 08:33 PM
    Pretty slick looking theme!
    10-31-10 09:02 PM
    Wow that looks great! Blackberrytourer.Question on the download page there are alot of options for the torch. Does the coustom mean white. Also will there be a youdtube vid. of the transitions, and will transitions suck the battery much?
    10-31-10 09:31 PM
    This is a great theme. I've been using it for a week and it is flawless. Lots of options including hideable weather, hideable docks, etc:

Black Colorful Version with Custom Icons:

Last edited by tellsells; 11-01-10 at 06:04 AM.
    10-31-10 10:06 PM
    Wow that looks great! Blackberrytourer.Question on the download page there are alot of options for the torch. Does the coustom mean white. Also will there be a youdtube vid. of the transitions, and will transitions suck the battery much?
    There's a black version and a white version. They both have a blue or colorful option (the colorful is an orangy/red color) for the highlighting color. And there's icon options to use either OS 6 icons or his original icons. (I personally like the Black colorful version with the original icons with transitions.)
    I have not had any issues with the transitions effecting battery. They are just a subtle fade in/fade out.
    Last edited by tellsells; 11-01-10 at 06:05 AM.
    10-31-10 10:19 PM
    I personally like the Black version with the colorful original icons with transitions.
    Would you like fries with that?

Looks gorgeous, as expected. So many subtle but unique touches, like the blue/colorful message bar highlight being a horizontal gradient instead of the usual.

Well done (again), BTT!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-10 03:35 AM
    This is absolutely great! This theme is just what I've been looking for and now everything looks clean and streamlined. I see you took the landscape wallpaper into consideration and made it more neutral. Everything seems to be well thought out and it's running flawlessly. I'll be sure to post if I notice anything off, but I doubt I'll find anything glaring. Thanks again for an excellent theme! This is the best I've ever seen and until you come up with something else spectacular I'm going to be using this.
    11-01-10 05:21 AM
    Downloading and installing as I write this. I have slate and some of your older themes so I'm sure this will rock and be less buggy then most themes that are currently available.

Great work on these torch themes BBT. keep up the awesome work.
    11-01-10 05:47 AM
    Just a quick question, In your pictures you show the date up in the left corner, while the clock is in the lower right. Is this just because its a storm picture or is there someway to do this? never owned a storm so I don't know if that's default for that device.

My only issue is when using wifi I have the normal wifi icon on my wallpaper below the top dock as well as the wifi signal strength in the top dock as your custom icon.

Also I have noticed with all themes that when connected to BIS via wifi you get no BIS icon on the home screen. Is this a limitation in TB? Only reason I notice it is because I'm not in a 3g coverage area and only get BIS via wifi otherwise I'm always on EDGE.

Other then that I'm loving this even more then slate. Well done man.
    Last edited by homer1475; 11-01-10 at 06:05 AM.
    11-01-10 06:03 AM
    Just a quick question, In your pictures you show the date up in the left corner, while the clock is in the lower right. Is this just because its a storm picture or is there someway to do this? never owned a storm so I don't know if that's default for that device.

My only issue is when using wifi I have the normal wifi icon on my wallpaper below the top dock as well as the wifi signal strength in the top dock as your custom icon.

Also I have noticed with all themes that when connected to BIS via wifi you get no BIS icon on the home screen. Is this a limitation in TB? Only reason I notice it is because I'm not in a 3g coverage area and only get BIS via wifi otherwise I'm always on EDGE.

Other then that I'm loving this even more then slate. Well done man.
    The Storm version has the date in the top banner but he moved it to the bottom because the date is shorter in OS6 (Nov instead of November) which leaves more room for notifications in the top banner and a cleaner look in the bottom banner.

The top icon is actual signal strength and the icon below shows that wifi is on.

I believe that there is no BIS icon in any themes due to themebuilder limitation.

I like both Slate and Metro but Metro Black (colorful) is the best one in my opinion!
    11-01-10 06:20 AM
    The Storm version has the date in the top banner but he moved it to the bottom because the date is shorter in OS6 (Nov instead of November) which leaves more room for notifications in the top banner and a cleaner look in the bottom banner.

The top icon is actual signal strength and the icon below shows that wifi is on.

I believe that there is no BIS icon in any themes due to themebuilder limitation.

I like both Slate and Metro but Metro Black (colorful) is the best one in my opinion!
    Figured it was storm specific.

On the wifi icons. Can one be the wifi icon to show you its on(like in the picture, I've seen a lot of themes do this in their promo but none have produced it) while the other is the signal strength. If it's possible that would be awesome. If not, not a huge deal as most of my wallpapers are mostly white and i don't see the wifi "on" icon unless i try.

LOL would have loved to try metro black but I didn't notice the bundle on the mobihand page. A lot cheaper to buy the bundle then then both separately. IF BBT wouldn't mind I would love for him to send me the bundle for the little bit extra(or just the black version for the difference in price)my own fault so not a huge deal. If not I'll just purchase the black version at some point.
    11-01-10 06:31 AM

On the wifi icons. Can one be the wifi icon to show you its on(like in the picture, I've seen a lot of themes do this in their promo but none have produced it) while the other is the signal strength. If it's possible that would be awesome. If not, not a huge deal as most of my wallpapers are mostly white and i don't see the wifi "on" icon unless i try.

LOL would have loved to try metro black but I didn't notice the bundle on the mobihand page. A lot cheaper to buy the bundle then then both separately. IF BBT wouldn't mind I would love for him to send me the bundle for the little bit extra(or just the black version for the difference in price)my own fault so not a huge deal. If not I'll just purchase the black version at some point.
    BBT will need to answer the wifi icon question.

You should contact him directly through "support" with your purchase number ([email protected]). I am sure he'll do something for you to switch to the black version.
    Last edited by tellsells; 11-01-10 at 06:42 AM.
    11-01-10 06:37 AM
    Thanks tellsells, I have seen you help out a ton of people on these forums, me quite a few times . I'm sure BBT will be able to answer the wifi icon thing(somehow I'm thinking its a limitation in TB as none of the themes out yet have this icon yet most show it).

One other thing I just noticed...
    I have my 4 side docks loaded as my email folders(well my own folder with all my email addresses in it). When i get a new email the star icon on the folder gets cutoff as well as a bit of the folder itself.

Theme itself is working flawlessly. just some minor image issues.

Again I can say BBT's themes are so much better then any out there atm, so intuitive and well thought out. Makes very good use of the touchscreen while still having a functional landscape mode(although I have learned it's best to just orientation lock that(6tools FTW) thanks to Dmac for finally drilling that into my head ). Great work, cant wait for your next release.
    Last edited by homer1475; 11-01-10 at 07:09 AM.
    11-01-10 07:04 AM
    Wow BBT, even better than Slate! Being able to toggle all the info areas is great. I opted for the White, colorful option--fantastic. I especially like the "fast" wallpaper.
    Keep up the great, smooth work!
    11-01-10 11:10 AM
    BBT you have out done yourself. Love, love, love this theme. I'll post an screen shot later tonight. Thx!

ETA: Here it is! (wallpaper courtesy of vbender)

Last edited by ksteph; 11-01-10 at 06:45 PM.
    11-01-10 06:15 PM
    Agreed this is better than Slate and I love it (I do still like the Slate as well). The only thing I wish is that the font was larger in the menus like with Slate. I need reading glasses and have to take them out every time I want to do something on my phone. Is there anyway to change the font size to make it user defined? Thanks.
    11-01-10 06:45 PM
    is this wallpaper friendly...can i use my own wallpapers?
    11-01-10 08:05 PM
    Will this theme be available in the App World?
    11-01-10 08:44 PM
    Would you like fries with that?
    Looks gorgeous, as expected. So many subtle but unique touches, like the blue/colorful message bar highlight being a horizontal gradient instead of the usual.
    Well done (again), BBT!
    haha, thanks so much elite! I've fallen back in love with Metro after working on it again for the torch, and am now switching back and forth between slate depending on my mood love the options. i'm going to try to combine the two in my next theme, because I love them both!

This is absolutely great! This theme is just what I've been looking for and now everything looks clean and streamlined. I see you took the landscape wallpaper into consideration and made it more neutral. Everything seems to be well thought out and it's running flawlessly. I'll be sure to post if I notice anything off, but I doubt I'll find anything glaring. Thanks again for an excellent theme! This is the best I've ever seen and until you come up with something else spectacular I'm going to be using this.
    thanks ichigo!
    glad to hear its all working well, i did take all your feedback from slate and tellsells had some great ideas on how to improve metro for slate (like swapping notifications and date to get more room for notifications on the homescreen) and i think it came out really well. so thanks to all of you!

that wifi thing is actually from the storm. it appears as though RIM did away with that for the torch. i think we took care of the order, but if not you can always email me at [email protected]!

Wow BBT, even better than Slate! Being able to toggle all the info areas is great. I opted for the White, colorful option--fantastic. I especially like the "fast" wallpaper.
    Keep up the great, smooth work!
    thank you mountainberry! i'm all about giving lots of options so it's great to hear when thats appreciated

BBT you have out done yourself. Love, love, love this theme. I'll post an screen shot later tonight. Thx!
    ETA: Here it is! (wallpaper courtesy of vbender)
    thank you
    i love that wallpaper with this theme! great and simplistic, where did you get that?

Agreed this is better than Slate and I love it (I do still like the Slate as well). The only thing I wish is that the font was larger in the menus like with Slate. I need reading glasses and have to take them out every time I want to do something on my phone. Is there anyway to change the font size to make it user defined? Thanks.
    thank you gysm! ive been switchin between them since release!
    hmm.. i could do a custom version for you for a small fee if youd like? we can discuss further through email ([email protected]) and work something out i'm sure. its hard to know what will be too big or too small, as not everyone has the same preference. i just had to settle on a medium-sized font. i would make it user defineable if i could!

is this wallpaper friendly...can i use my own wallpapers?
    yeah you can use your own wallpapers in portrait mode. it's still not possible for any touchscreen devices to set the landscape wallpaper, hopefully RIM will change this but as of now thats a limitation that's out of my control

Will this theme be available in the App World?
    i am actually currently working on getting into the app world. just have to get a notarized paper sent in and ill be posting my themes up to app world! shouldnt be more than a week. you can follow me on twitter (@bbtdesigns) and i will be announcing when i do get on app world!

thanks everyone for the feedback!
    I hope you all continue to enjoy the theme

regards,
    Bbt
    11-01-10 11:47 PM
    haha, thanks so much elite! I've fallen back in love with Metro after working on it again for the torch, and am now switching back and forth between slate depending on my mood love the options. i'm going to try to combine the two in my next theme, because I love them both!
    *drools with anticipation*

Oh and you're ver welcome!

i am actually currently working on getting into the app world. just have to get a notarized paper sent in and ill be posting my themes up to app world! shouldnt be more than a week. you can follow me on twitter (@bbtdesigns) and i will be announcing when i do get on app world!
    Ok cool! Adding you on Twitter right� now!

I'm @elite1_canada on there.
    (Had to add the "_canada" because some girl in London had taken "@elite1" already! Grrr�)

11-02-10 01:01 AM
    11-02-10 11:19 AM
    Hi BBT,

Not sure if its just my phone or something wrong with the theme? but I notice every once in a while when I try selecting one of the bottom 3 icons it does nothing, then I have to go back to the app screen to select. It kind of just freezes? Not sure if anyone else is having this effect?
    11-02-10 12:21 PM
    Hi Vky, is your device plugged in while this happens? Bedside Mode can put the screen to sleep until after a selection or two.

Also, even after unplugging, the Clock app & Bedside Mode will sometimes remain open.
    Every time I unplug, I hold down MENU to launch App Switcher, amd close Clock if it's there.

Not saying that's your issue, but could be a possibility.

11-02-10 12:43 PM
    A couple days with it and I'm absolutely in love with this theme. I'm keeping this for sure.

There are a couple of issues I've noticed though that were also present in Slate. If I open the calendar/text messages then move the Torch as to reorient the screen then turn it back again the display for events or messages end up being partly blank. I think I read this was a limitation with the beta theme builder or a glitch of some sort, but I thought I should bring it up if I'm mistaken. I also notice that the little asterisk for notifications is cut off a bit if they pop up on icons on the home page. Is there anything you can do about this?

It's a bit nitpicky of me to even mention these, but when a theme is so great it's hard to find anything major.
    11-03-10 03:08 AM
129 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD