Since I am one of TDM's beta testers and being a huge BBT supporter(I have slate, metro(several versions including a custom version of metro I payed well for), and several versions of tint. I can say with complete honesty that if you think Arete is a ripoff of slate your smoking something.

Yes both have weather slots and a side dock with a color changer, but in no way are they identical. Weather slot is on the opposite side of the dock, profile changer as well as the signal meters are on different docks, date is on the top dock in Arete, weather "name" is above the clock, and Aretes side dock doesn't scroll like slate does, as well as Arete uses 6.1(7.0) icons, there is no landscape or trackpad navigation(Working on trackpad), and the way you hide and show any dock is in a completely different locations as well as the way the hotspot shows itself when pressed in Arete. Enough of a difference for anyone to see they are different.

I guess any themer that makes a theme with a color changer, side dock, and weather slot is now a ripoff of BBT's themes? BBT is truly a great themer as is TDM, but being this petty doesn't look good for anyone involved and will only hurt you both in the long run.

Similar, yes. Identical, only if your blind and high.
    06-01-11 06:36 PM
    . Enough of a difference for anyone to see they are different.

Similar, yes. Identical, only if your blind and high.
    Well then you can call me:

AND
    Last edited by tellsells; 06-01-11 at 07:37 PM.
    06-01-11 07:11 PM
    I already have tells..

Oh..btw.. BBT, when I start postin ads for other themes in your threads you can take it up with tells ok? I dont wanna hear nothin.. I mean, since apparently its cool to do that now.

TDM - gotta love the free pub son! Guess its something you gotta live with when ya reach #5 in break neck speed. Keep it up man.. people know whats up.
    06-01-11 07:58 PM
    This is def a blatant rip-off of BBT...always been a strong supporter of BBT.

Regards,

Ive been a strong supporter of TDM...
    always had respect for bbt's work too..

To quote another developer who knows them both very well.....

'they look similar ... but 2 different beasts'
    06-01-11 08:02 PM
    If you want to be called blind and high then so be it. I said my peace and don't need to get into a pi*sing match about it. Ever think maybe TDM was inspired to create the theme by looking at tint(not saying it was because I have no idea what inspired TDM to make it, just a thought i had though) and figuring out a way to make it better or how he wanted it? But I suppose you would call that being a copycat or a ripoff.

Either way, the work isn't patented so even if it was an exact copy of BBT's theme there's really nothing you can do about it other then complain to CB and/or mobihand and have them removed(I highly doubt they would anyways).

Tellsells I know your a little biased toward BBT as you test for him, and me likewise with TDM, but I honestly don't know how you can call Arete and Optique for that matter exact replicas(or ripoffs) of BBT's themes.
    Last edited by homer1475; 06-01-11 at 08:11 PM.
    06-01-11 08:08 PM
    If you want to be called blind and high then so be it. I said my peace and don't need to get into a pi*sing match about it. Ever think maybe TDM was inspired to create the theme by looking at tint(not saying it was because I have no idea what inspired TDM to make it, just a thought i had though) and figuring out a way to make it better or how he wanted it? But I suppose you would call that being a copycat or a ripoff.

Either way, the work isn't patented so even if it was an exact copy of BBT's theme there's really nothing you can do about it other then complain to CB and/or mobihand and have them removed(I highly doubt they would anyways).

Tellsells I know your a little biased toward BBT as you test for him, and me likewise with TDM, but I honestly don't know how you can call Arete and Optique for that matter exact replicas(or ripoffs) of BBT's themes.
    For the record, I am a tester for BBT but I am not biased toward any theme or themer. I saw Arete and I personally felt that it was a Slate knock-off. i told this to BBT and he had not even seen this theme, but he had already thought that Optique was a Tint knock-off.
    That's the facts and we all should just drop the whole thing and let others choose to buy and support the theme of their choice.
    06-01-11 08:26 PM
    Then delete your ads outta this post..
    06-01-11 08:36 PM
    Then delete your ads outta this post..
    I didn't post an ad, but rather posted the pics of the Slate theme for comparison.
    If TDM feels that I've done something wrong then I'll delete my posts if he asks me to. But I am not sure what your place is to ask me to remove my posts?
    06-01-11 08:59 PM
    my place? if thats how were playin.. ill be sure to post my entire teams ads in certain threads for comparison..

more specifically.. you did post an ad for a sale that conveniently happened.. delete em all..

** ive always been respectful of theme developers (specific) and never posted any type disrespectful post in their threads no matter how warranted at the time. I seem to have noticed a switch in the way ppl wanna play the game.. which I can adapt to very easily if needed.

your call tells.. either delete em.. or hit me up on bbm.. pm me.
    (which is how this whole thing should of been handled from jump seeing as how bbt and tdm are in a bbm group with quite a few other developers)
    06-01-11 09:10 PM
    my place? if thats how were playin.. ill be sure to post my entire teams ads in certain threads for comparison..

more specifically.. you did post an ad for a sale that conveniently happened.. delete em all..

** ive always been respectful of theme developers (specific) and never posted any type disrespectful post in their threads no matter how warranted at the time. I seem to have noticed a switch in the way ppl wanna play the game.. which I can adapt to very easily if needed.

your call tells.. either delete em.. or hit me up on bbm.. pm me.
    (which is how this whole thing should of been handled from jump seeing as how bbt and tdm are in a bbm group with quite a few other developers)
    I agree that I was wrong in my one post regarding the �sale� and it has been removed. But if TDM has any other problems he can PM me.
    06-01-11 09:23 PM
    and when bbt has a problem.. he can bbm you.
    06-01-11 09:33 PM
    and when bbt has a problem.. he can bbm you.
    06-01-11 09:36 PM
    Can we please just stop this in the thread? You all can Pm me or BBM me. As for the people that purchased the theme thank you and i hope you all enjoy it
    Last edited by tdmsna523; 06-01-11 at 11:37 PM.
    06-01-11 10:47 PM
    TDM honestly, we have never had a problem before. I contacted you about optique and you explained it was a coincidence, understood. But when it happens twice in a row, two themes with striking resemblance to two of mine when I only have 5 out, you have to see where I'm coming from. Ive had people emailing me about it and felt it was necessary to bring it to attention, at least so it doesn't seem like I am just sitting by. I have to protect my work as well.

Let's just leave it, and hopefully will not have to take this any further than it has already come.
    06-01-11 11:01 PM
    come on, why is it so noisy here, I have bought two themes slate & arete (need proof? can I attach a photo if necessary) ... both are cool in my torch, please know if there are disputes could be resolved "behind the scenes " not too excited for this ... thnks
    06-02-11 12:54 PM
    Loadin Arete back up .. Love this theme!
    06-06-11 06:00 PM
    I think I know whats next ... hmmm .. Stay tuned peoples..
    06-12-11 08:53 AM
    I think I know whats next ... hmmm .. Stay tuned peoples..
    yep .. confirmed!
    06-19-11 10:01 AM
    Very nice work .. Hope to go on man

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-11 06:48 AM
    Very nice work .. Hope to go on man

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Glad youre enjoying it ..
    08-12-11 12:03 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD