For OWNED we started with the Original torch theme icons and layout and then made lots of improvements. First we added a Weather slot. Then we simplified it by making it have No tabs. We then added Extras like the ability to hide the banner background. And then made just one hidable Dock with 12 icons.

Original + Weather + No tabs + Extras + Dock = OWNED

Features:

• Weather slot near the top right
    • Shaded Banner background can be hidden or shown (For some wallpapers you will want it for others you won't, this is the only theme that allows you to easily turn it on or off)
    • Percentage battery meter
    • Select your unread indicator area to open Messages
    • Top banner area is made up of 3 selectable buttons:
    1. select left side (battery area) to open Options
    2. select centre (clock area) to open Clock/Alarm
    3. select right side (signal area) to open Manage Connections
    • There are 3 quick key shortcuts:
    1. press 0 to open Calculator
    2. press the spacebar to open Messages
    3. press $ to open Text Messages
    • Bottom dock showing your top 12 applications
    • Click or Touch anywhere in the centre area to hide your 12 icons
    • Click or Touch anywhere on the centre or bottom of the screen to re-show your icons
    • Full Trackpad And Touchscreen support

Screen shots:

Download link: OWNED
    Or view this theme and all the others on The Theme Zone
    12-15-10 04:59 AM
    50% off untill Christmas
    12-15-10 05:00 AM
    Just purchased this theme. When the phone is flipped to landscape mode the right side of the phone is whited out. Paid $1.99 and am not using it.

Other than that error would be a great theme. Can you please fix that error.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-10 06:37 AM
    Installed the theme and I LOOOVE its simplicity. Have a couple of questions though:

- Having the same problem as diego, can it be fixed? Also when on the home screen, going to landscape then back to protrait mode, it opens up the menu !! This is kinda annoying
    - How do you remove the shade in the top banner?
    - Why is it that when I go into a folder, my wallpaper is no longer visible. Its a shaded blue background?

Besides these little tweaks the theme is awesome!!! Best $2 I've spent on this phone so far!!!!

Last edited by fredericroumi; 12-15-10 at 08:04 AM.
    12-15-10 07:19 AM
    Just purchased this theme. When the phone is flipped to landscape mode the right side of the phone is whited out. Paid $1.99 and am not using it.

landscape mode is a known issue with the beta theme builder. nearly every theme to date either uses a "today" screen or just locks it down to a theme provided wallpaper.
    12-15-10 10:16 AM
    50% off untill Christmas
    Pssst... it's only 33% off... Just sayin!

Looks really nice though, D. Love the name too!
    Last edited by elite1; 12-15-10 at 02:24 PM.
    12-15-10 02:01 PM

After you downloaded the theme you received an email explaining how to fix that.

"It is highly recommended that users use an application to lock their homescreen in portrait mode. There are many apps to do this, but The Theme Zone reccommends the Free app: Six Tools. Direct download link: http://wap.shao-soft.com/shao/SixTools.jad "

The reason this is required is in the Theme Builder 6 Beta we are given the choice to Either have trackpad support Or have a working landscape mode. I feel that, especially for this theme, trackpad support is much more important. So simply download that free app from the link above and you are good to go.
    12-15-10 02:18 PM
    Installed the theme and I LOOOVE its simplicity. Have a couple of questions though:

- Having the same problem as diego, can it be fixed? Also when on the home screen, going to landscape then back to protrait mode, it opens up the menu !! This is kinda annoying
    - How do you remove the shade in the top banner?
    - Why is it that when I go into a folder, my wallpaper is no longer visible. Its a shaded blue background?

Besides these little tweaks the theme is awesome!!! Best $2 I've spent on this phone so far!!!!

As I mentioned above:

After you downloaded the theme you received an email explaining how to fix that.

"It is highly recommended that users use an application to lock their homescreen in portrait mode. There are many apps to do this, but The Theme Zone reccommends the Free app: Six Tools. Direct download link: http://wap.shao-soft.com/shao/SixTools.jad "

The reason this is required is in the Theme Builder 6 Beta we are given the choice to Either have trackpad support Or have a working landscape mode. I feel that, especially for this theme, trackpad support is much more important. So simply download that free app from the link above and you are good to go.

For the shading in the top banner that was also in the email you received:

The Top banner shading is controlled by the Top 2 corners of your keyboard. To hide your banner background press alt-p, to reshow it press alt-q

Folder background is the same background as the main application screen background (the one you get when you hit the Menu/BB key from the homescreen. Unfortunately it is not possible to make that user definable.
    12-15-10 02:23 PM
    Pssst... it's only 33% off... Just sayin!

Looks really nice though, D. Love the name too!
    I don't know what you are talking about. It is 50%, check again.
    12-15-10 02:28 PM
    As I mentioned above:

For the shading in the top banner that was also in the email you received:

The Top banner shading is controlled by the Top 2 corners of your keyboard. To hide your banner background press alt-p, to reshow it press alt-q

Folder background is the same background as the main application screen background (the one you get when you hit the Menu/BB key from the homescreen. Unfortunately it is not possible to make that user definable.
    Thanks for the information. Never received an email though...Could you possibly re-send it ???

Thanks again, love this theme!
    12-15-10 02:32 PM
    Hey D Mac, I swear I'm not trying to be the spoiler here (and you know I'm a fan!), but now that SixTools is out of beta I don't think it's free anymore.
    You can download it, but without an Activation Code it won't work after the 7-day free trial.

QuickLaunch also has a Tilt Lock function included.
    Both apps are great buys!
    However, both require the orientation to be re-locked again after reboots. SixTools has the option to auto-set the Home Screen portrait orientation, but it hasn't worked on any 3rd party themes I know of. (Did you have a chance to test with OWNED?)

There are several in the CB Superstore:
    CB Superstore - Search 9800: Tilt

I think I remember someone posting a free one a month or two back. I'll see if I can find the link.
    12-15-10 02:52 PM
    Thanks for the information. Never received an email though...Could you possibly re-send it ???

Thanks again, love this theme!
    Very strange, I have it set to send that message automatically when anyone purchases the theme. There is not much point in resending the Email as it only has those 2 bits of info in it. I will have to look into that though...

For everyone else that downloaded this theme:
    Did you get Email explaining about get banner shading and landscape mode?
    12-15-10 02:52 PM
    I don't know what you are talking about. It is 50%, check again.
    Whoa it is!

You totally "OWNED" me this time!
    12-15-10 02:55 PM
    Hey D Mac, I swear I'm not trying to be the spoiler here (and you know I'm a fan!), but now that SixTools is out of beta I don't think it's free anymore.
    You can download it, but without an Activation Code it won't work after the 7-day free trial.

QuickLaunch also has a Tilt Lock function included.
    Both apps are great buys!
    However, both require the orientation to be re-locked again after reboots. SixTools has the option to auto-set the Home Screen portrait orientation, but it hasn't worked on any 3rd party themes I know of. (Did you have a chance to test with OWNED?)

There are several in the CB Superstore:
    CB Superstore - Search 9800: Tilt

I think I remember someone posting a free one a month or two back. I'll see if I can find the link.
    Sixtools is still free, and yes it is tested and working with this theme.

The only part that doesn't work is if you want to use the shortcuts you need to register but the orientation lock, slider sounds, holster sounds, battery indicator, low battery popup, etc all work.

Yes you have to turn it on again after you do a battery pull but since it shows up on your main menu list and you need to do it hit Menu>Orientation Lock, takes less than 1 second.
    12-15-10 03:06 PM
    Sixtools is still free, and yes it is tested and working with this theme.

Yes you have to turn it on again after you do a battery pull but since it shows up on your main menu list and you need to do it hit Menu>Orientation Lock, takes less than 1 second.
    Cool! Thanks for clarifying.

I agree it's no big deal to reset it; just pointing it out before you get angry posts that next reboot it was wacky again...
    12-15-10 03:14 PM
    Cool! Thanks for clarifying.

I agree it's no big deal to reset it; just pointing it out before you get angry posts that next reboot it was wacky again...
    Yes good point.

Oh and the free app you mentioned you were going to look for is probably Lock Tilt <--Direct OTA link
    12-15-10 03:20 PM
    Ok 1. If this a fee theme, put PREMIUM in the title.
    2. If you going to charge for a theme, Make SURE it functions in both Portrait and LANDSCAPE! It is super easy to correct the issue that the first reponse post is talking about.

12-15-10 04:40 PM
    Ok 1. If this a fee theme, put PREMIUM in the title.
    2. If you going to charge for a theme, Make SURE it functions in both Portrait and LANDSCAPE! It is super easy to correct the issue that the first reponse post is talking about.

1. The thread title Does indicate that this is a premium theme.

2. No, you are incorrect. You should really read my response to the post you are talking about. Basically what it comes down to is that there is a bug in theme builder where if you enable landscape mode then the trackpad stops working. So all themes that have lansdscape mode are broken and do Not work the way RIM intended. Themes without landscape mode (like this one) are the only ones that work properly the way RIM intended.

12-15-10 05:36 PM
    You should have listed the known errors when you listed this theme. Not fair to those who purchased the theme without knowing them and you not fixing them.

By the way. I did not receive any email either about the landscape and shading issues. And to me it does seem like you did not test the theme prior to release.

2. No, you are incorrect. You should really read my response to the post you are talking about. Basically what it comes down to is that there is a bug in theme builder where if you enable landscape mode then the trackpad stops working. So all themes that have lansdscape mode are broken and do Not work the way RIM intended. Themes without landscape mode (like this one) are the only ones that work properly the way RIM intended.

y

12-15-10 06:33 PM

Not intended to offend... There is an extremely easy work around the landscape mode issue you are having, I've done it myself and I'm a newbie here. Srry to have offended you

12-15-10 06:55 PM
    You should have listed the known errors when you listed this theme. Not fair to those who purchased the theme without knowing them and you not fixing them.

By the way. I did not receive any email either about the landscape and shading issues. And to me it does seem like you did not test the theme prior to release.

And BTW this theme was very thuroughly tested.

y

You missunderstand. The "shading issue" is not an issue it is a Feature. That one of the best and unique features about this theme.

And none of the themes that have the trackpad glitch (90% of the themes for sale) list that they have that bug. The fact that this theme supports the trackpad where most other themes don't is again a Feature of this theme.

And the lansdcape issue will, of course, be fixed in a free update once RIM allows it.

In the meantime if you are in any way dissatisfied with your purchase you can get a complete refund. But quite honestly I don't expect anyone to do that because this theme is better than most others and does not have the far more serious issues (no trackpad support) that all the other themes have.

12-15-10 06:56 PM
    Not intended to offend... There is an extremely easy work around the landscape mode issue you are having, I've done it myself and I'm a newbie here. Srry to have offended you

No offense taken. My point was just that the work around you mention (that I use in some of my other themes) causes the more serious trackpad bug.

12-15-10 07:09 PM
    No offense taken. My point was just that the work around you mention (that I use in some of my other themes) causes the more serious trackpad bug.

Maybe you can answer a SVG related queston for me. I'm having an issue with icons getting an edge cut off. Do you know of a fix for that?

12-15-10 07:11 PM
    Maybe you can answer a SVG related queston for me. I'm having an issue with icons getting an edge cut off. Do you know of a fix for that?

Yes I do.

Buy one of my themes and I'll tell you.

12-15-10 07:18 PM
    Yes I do.

Buy one of my themes and I'll tell you.

Haha, no seriously I'll PM you fix in a few minutes.

12-15-10 07:19 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD