The post images were made using screen shots from a 9550...it was all we had at the time

I will include updated screenies later today.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-12-11 04:47 AM
    So after I loaded Highlander, I had some crazy issues, unlike anything I've had with themes on my Torch.
    (FYI I'm far from a novice. I haven't used any of yours before, but I am a major theme fiend. I've tested themes for multiple themers. I'm sure I've used over 2 dozen themes on my Torch alone.)

After installing, I rebooted. I tried 2 further reboots before giving up.
    Torch kept freezing, to the point where I had trouble taking a screenshot. I would open QL and click my S shortcut for Screen Capture, and nothing would happen.

I had a ghost image of a 2nd battery meter the whole time. Also, I had a 2nd Wi-Fi meter showing. The theme's is green, and between the green one and the battery I had a stock white OS6 Wi-Fi icon too.
    After a my 3rd restart, the 2nd Wi-Fi was there, but finally disappeared before I got a screenshot finally.

Also, in that hour, my battery plummeted from 42% to 8%.

05-12-11 01:17 PM
    If you're not already sick of me, I wanted to mention 3 suggestions:

1. Personally I'd love to see the clock just a liitle bigger still. Even just a few pixels more…?

2. I think when you raise the bottom dock, it should already have the first set of icons exposed. It seems an unnecessary extra step to get to that first set of icons.

3. The panels look a little unfinished. Should they maybe have an outline and/or slightly rounded corners?

Some to come off as a nitpicky troublemaker here. I actually really like your concept and design, which is why I'm interested in the first place.
    05-12-11 01:24 PM
    So after I loaded Highlander, I had some crazy issues, unlike anything I've had with themes on my Torch.
    (FYI I'm far from a novice. I haven't used any of yours before, but I am a major theme fiend. I've tested themes for multiple themers. I'm sure I've used over 2 dozen themes on my Torch alone.)

After installing, I rebooted. I tried 2 further reboots before giving up.
    Torch kept freezing, to the point where I had trouble taking a screenshot. I would open QL and click my S shortcut for Screen Capture, and nothing would happen.

I had a ghost image of a 2nd battery meter the whole time. Also, I had a 2nd Wi-Fi meter showing. The theme's is green, and between the green one and the battery I had a stock white OS6 Wi-Fi icon too.
    After a my 3rd restart, the 2nd Wi-Fi was there, but finally disappeared before I got a screenshot finally.

Also, in that hour, my battery plummeted from 42% to 8%.

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac87/elite1_9700/utf-8BUUxfMTE1MTE5MjMzMi5qcGc.jpg
    The themes signal meter is the green "wifi" meter. (so while on wifi the default OS6 wifi will show)

And a bunch of reboots will definitely drain your battery quicker than anything.

What OS are you running?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-13-11 02:58 AM
    05-13-11 05:00 PM
    The themes signal meter is the green "wifi" meter. (so while on wifi the default OS6 wifi will show)
    Ah! Okay good, one mystery solved.

And a bunch of reboots will definitely drain your battery quicker than anything.
    Yeah... I'm still fairly certain the drain was mostly because of the frozen processes. I said an hour to be conservative as I didn't look exactly. I'm pretty sure it was even less.

What OS are you running?
    9800/6.0.0.546

Btw, I've used at least 2 other themes with this OS: Aura by bbt and Optique by TDM. They both worked fine.

Could it be something in the version upgrade? I've only had the current 1.0.2, and others weren't complaining on the initial version... unless they've corresponded with you directly.

I hate posting stuff like this. I like this theme. It looks really well done. I'm sure this is just some kind of "hiccup."

Anyway, I appreciate the reply.
    If you want me to test a different build of this, follow & DM me on Twitter, and I'll give you my PIN.
    (I was one of the guys that bowed to kcpaynev's peer pressure and added you just a week ago!)
    05-13-11 05:03 PM
    Screenshot looks fab BL ! ummm...time to reply to your emails
    05-13-11 09:33 PM
    Screenshot looks fab BL ! ummm...time to reply to your emails
    Oops. Ok.
    05-13-11 10:21 PM
    Ah! Okay good, one mystery solved.

Yeah... I'm still fairly certain the drain was mostly because of the frozen processes. I said an hour to be conservative as I didn't look exactly. I'm pretty sure it was even less.

9800/6.0.0.546

Btw, I've used at least 2 other themes with this OS: Aura by bbt and Optique by TDM. They both worked fine.

Could it be something in the version upgrade? I've only had the current 1.0.2, and others weren't complaining on the initial version... unless they've corresponded with you directly.

I hate posting stuff like this. I like this theme. It looks really well done. I'm sure this is just some kind of "hiccup."

Anyway, I appreciate the reply.
    If you want me to test a different build of this, follow & DM me on Twitter, and I'll give you my PIN.
    (I was one of the guys that bowed to kcpaynev's peer pressure and added you just a week ago!)
    Hey Elite...one of the testers here.
    I'm not sure if your torch is anything like mine but I find that after a batt pull I have to let my torch fully load up or else anything I try to do doesn't initially work, not even QL and it will easily freeze on me no matter what theme I'm using. Maybe its because my bb is theme/app heavy. Through all the testing of each build I never once had my bb freeze on me. After reading your post I used the current build for a full 24 hours yesterday to see if I experienced any of the problems you did and it ran smooth for me. I also didn't have any major battery drain only what what I consider the norm.
    Try this...Delete Highlander and switch to the default theme and do a reset. Once your bb is back up and running then DL Highlander again. After it DL's click 'no' so that it doesn't switch immediately. Now go to your Screen Display and select Highlander and after it switches do a batt pull or reset. Now let your bb fully load up before trying to use any apps like QL etc.
    Hope this helps
    05-14-11 06:00 PM
    05-15-11 02:04 PM

Highlander 7.0 by Drk Apprentice!! No other theme like it ..
    05-17-11 11:49 AM
    05-18-11 08:32 PM

Love this theme.
    05-18-11 11:43 PM
    So is it correct or not correct that the trackpad does not work with this version?
    05-19-11 10:57 AM
    So is it correct or not correct that the trackpad does not work with this version?
    Hi Allamricn...There is no trackpad support on the homescreen. Touch screen only.
    Allamricn likes this.
    05-19-11 02:53 PM
    Hi Allamricn...There is no trackpad support on the homescreen. Touch screen only.
    Do we know if that will be forthcoming as it makes it a TON easier to navigate. Thanks again!
    05-20-11 10:20 AM
    Do we know if that will be forthcoming as it makes it a TON easier to navigate. Thanks again!
    Hi Allamricn....I really don't think so or the theme would have been made that way initially.
    05-20-11 06:57 PM
    Sneek Peek in testing Highlander in Pink

05-20-11 07:17 PM
    Super Theme.. thats what Im calling this ..
    05-22-11 04:39 PM
    wendy can you please share your wallpaper, its amazing! the clouds wp!
    05-26-11 12:42 AM
    wendy can you please share your wallpaper, its amazing! the clouds wp!
    Sure....

05-26-11 07:33 AM
    Super Theme.. thats what Im calling this ..
    You're sooo right about that !!!
    05-29-11 06:30 PM
    You're sooo right about that !!!
    I know... I dont kid about these things
    06-01-11 08:27 PM
    If you havent checked this out by now .. todays a good day.. #justsayin
    06-12-11 08:59 AM
    Highlander is still the most innovative theme Ive had the pleasure of putting on my phone .. the options for customization make this a truly great theme.
    06-19-11 10:04 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD