Hi there...

This seems so simple, yet so impossible at the same time. Long time Blackberry user dating back to the 8810 World Edition. I was a huge fan of the old Dimension Today Plus theme. the 4 Blackberries I have had since that one have not had that theme, but I have always been able to find a suitable replacement eventually....

Today I finally get my torch delivered and I go to find my theme... Now it seems that there is no way I can get what I want.

Forgive me if I get the terminology wrong, but I love the sliding Zen bar on the bottom of OS 6... However, I have all this wasted space as I look at the phone now. I really want to have my calendar ALWAYS on the screen.

I found a few "today plus" themes that do this, but I seem to lose all of the sliding functionality....

Is there anyway to keep the OS 6 UI but just add permanent calendar and messages to it?
    10-28-10 05:38 PM
    At the moment BlackBerry theme builder is in beta. You can either make an OS6UI theme or you can make a custom theme but lose all the OS6 enhancements. Hopefully once the full version of theme builder is released we will be able to make a theme using elements from both.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-10 05:44 PM
    OK, well I finally downloaded theme builder and its my first time looking around it... But it seems that the OS6 UI builder doesnt let you do anything but change colors (at least on the Today screen)

For instance, I have less than no interest in having my phone log on there.... But I can't seem to remove it. I'd rather either just be rid of it, or change it to something like Facebook. Possible?
    10-28-10 05:50 PM
    OK, well I finally downloaded theme builder and its my first time looking around it... But it seems that the OS6 UI builder doesnt let you do anything but change colors (at least on the Today screen)

For instance, I have less than no interest in having my phone log on there.... But I can't seem to remove it. I'd rather either just be rid of it, or change it to something like Facebook. Possible?
    As mentioned:
    You can either make an OS6UI theme or you can make a custom theme but lose all the OS6 enhancements.
    So if you don't want to make a Custom theme then no you can't change hardly anything.
    10-28-10 06:06 PM
    Would "DeToday" accomplish what you're trying to do? It makes any theme into a today theme by putting your calendar entries on the home screen. It might be worth checking out... I know there's a free trial.

10-28-10 07:22 PM
    Would "DeToday" accomplish what you're trying to do? It makes any theme into a today theme by putting your calendar entries on the home screen. It might be worth checking out... I know there's a free trial.

Downloaded the trial version of DeToday and it works great for adding Calendar/Messages to your home screen. The only problem I found was that the background of DeToday does not have a transparent image so it overlays whatever your wallpaper picture is with a solid colour background.
    10-28-10 08:49 PM
    Are you sure there isn't a transparency setting within DeToday? I used it briefly (just wasn't what I was looking for) but I could have sworn there was a setting for it.

10-28-10 09:42 PM
    Downloaded the trial version of DeToday and it works great for adding Calendar/Messages to your home screen. The only problem I found was that the background of DeToday does not have a transparent image so it overlays whatever your wallpaper picture is with a solid colour background.
    deToday is an excellent app that allows you to import an image from your pics to be used as a background. It also has BerryWeather integration with lots of options for weather placement.
    (deToday does not add messages to the homescreen; it just adds your calendar with lots of options including number of appointments, font, color, etc.)
    10-28-10 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD