Nothing fancy, just want something simple that does away with the damn trays! Been Googling for an hour and every time I think I've found one the link is broken. Somone suggested going to App World, but the App World descriptions don't tell me if they have trays or not.
    03-27-12 08:59 PM
    You are in the forum for the 9800 and almost all the custom themes here are 'not' made like the default theme, what you are calling trays. Just look at the screenshots and read the info It is the newer OS7 devices that have hardly any themes without trays.
    03-27-12 09:34 PM
    I don't know of any themes that properly replicate the default theme, but just without the trays. That is, one that has only the sliding up and down "All" home tray but none of the others.

One of the theme makers posted here a while back that it could be done, but takes a lot of work.

And then there is the issue of a few Theme Builder bugs that crop up when you stay from the default theme style. You see, most of the "tray-less" themes out there are basically variations of the old "Zen" themes of OS 5 and older. You get a static home screen with 4 or 5 icons along the bottom (some scatter them around the screen or have hidden "hot spots" you can click on), and you have to click the menu (BlackBerry symbol) button to go to the app list screen. One bug is that the first time you click to the app screen after a restart or reboot, it's blank. Clicking the back button to the homescreen and menu button again will bring the app screen back with icons for the remainder of the time you use the phone and won't do blank again until the next reboot. But it is still an issue. The other bug is that the "Home Screen Preferences" screen under "Options" > "Display" can't be accessed. If you want to change the wallpaper, you have to go through the media app and pick the image you want and "set as wallpaper" from there.

For me, those hassles bug me enough to keep me away from any theme that doesn't keep the basic default theme layout. That means that I'll just live with the trays (which I don't care for either) until I upgrade next December.

If it is the "Zen" like static home screen themes you want, you will have to dig back to some of the older posts. But there are plenty of them here.
    Last edited by joeldf; 03-28-12 at 01:25 AM.
    03-28-12 01:08 AM
    Best "no tray" theme: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-slgta-579227/

I used to be the type of user that switched themes nearly daily but I've been using this one steadily since shortly after I got my Torch.
    03-28-12 11:23 AM
    All Wall by ezthemer is another recommendation.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ations-586658/
    06-13-12 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD